E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Those with the video interface, when you go in for the service, do you have to disconnect it? I read a warning in the user manual that if they are going to do a CIP undate, the unit should be removed?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='280146' date='May 10 2006, 08:52 AM
Those with the video interface, when you go in for the service, do you have to disconnect it? I read a warning in the user manual that if they are going to do a CIP undate, the unit should be removed?
technically, you should have it removed. because they have to plug their noteook computer into the car CIP display which is connected to the interface.
i have not go in for any updates since the installation as my ride is doing well....if thereain't any problem, why fix it?
maybe some friends have it done before, anyone?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='280147' date='May 9 2006, 07:56 PM
technically, you should have it removed. because they have to plug their noteook computer into the car CIP display which is connected to the interface.
i have not go in for any updates since the installation as my ride is doing well....if thereain't any problem, why fix it?
maybe some friends have it done before, anyone?
The question is I don't know if they will do any update. I have the rear door lock not auto lock intermittently. I have clicking sound from the steering column again. I am just not sure if they will do any update. If it's just for routine oil change, I can always tell them not to do any update. I don't want it if I don't need. The auto lock problem came about due to an update to get rid of the warniing message. Buy one get one free?
Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

Ed, forget about the CLS, I think it'll be too similar type of car to the M6, it's not really a true sedan after all.

Since you already a have a sports car in the M6 and soon a 335i coupe for Junior, I guess you're looking for a family car or sedan?

Why not try the Audi Q7? lots of presence, well built and the interior looks fantastic, or the Merc R-class, read some good reviews
about it.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
lmk
Contributors

M6, 335i, and a SUV....from X5, M class or even a cayenne!
Old 05-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

I am atually thinking of either the GS300 or even a Honda Accord (whenever the new model arrives). I don't think I'm willing to spend more than 200K on my next ride. Something that is comfortable and hopefully problem free. Presence is not what I am looking for because the M6 is giving me more than enough attention. Also, my wife is not too pleased with my spending pattern (on cars)
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
lmk
Contributors

if really for problem free, GS300 is the way to go!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

I have been experiencing high idle in the M6 for almost a week now. I was telling myself,"oh no, not another one...." I thought the auto choke was malfunctioning and that would have meant big problems. Brought it in to PML Kg Arang and after almost an hour of waiting was told that one of the air hoses was leaking. Slight relief. Paul was the SA and when I asked for the car back so that I could book it in next week and have the fault corrected whilst I'm having my springs lowered, he gave me a firm NO!!! Why, I asked, and he said this particular hose is connected to the brake booster and it would be unwise to drive it further and he would never allow it. He promised to have my ride repaired by tomorrow and sent me off in a loan car.

Kudos to Paul for standing firm for the sake of his client's safety. :thumbsdown: for BMW because these kind of things are not supposed to happen to a FOUR month old car; an M for that matter!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for all the inputs about PS2 guys. I'm taking the unorthodox move, gone for Dunlop Maxx and enjoying the quietness! Now I know why it has rave reviews in tirerack; road holding vastly improved over the dumpflats - waiting for a rainy day to ascertain wet holding reports. Went for the donut spare too - and who says it won't fit with the lining still in?

PS - for those without the spare, do look out for the four-blade propeller in the trunk!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:25 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='280765' date='May 11 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the inputs about PS2 guys. I'm taking the unorthodox move, gone for Dunlop Maxx and enjoying the quietness! Now I know why it has rave reviews in tirerack; road holding vastly improved over the dumpflats - waiting for a rainy day to ascertain wet holding reports. Went for the donut spare too - and who says it won't fit with the lining still in?

PS - for those without the spare, do look out for the four-blade propeller in the trunk!

good input Olivin...a little slow this morning... what do you mean by four blade prop?
have you found out more on software rev 21 locally for our ride? the 550i chap here posted better gear shift..
thinking of messing with it...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans