E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' post='280768' date='May 10 2006, 08:25 PM
thinking of messing with it...
at he expense of what Rob has done??
Old 05-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='280768' date='May 10 2006, 08:25 PM
good input Olivin...a little slow this morning... what do you mean by four blade prop?
thinking of messing with it...
You do have these too right? Other than wing-flaps that is
E60 for Singaporeans-four_blade.jpg
Old 05-10-2006, 07:54 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='280780' date='May 11 2006, 11:06 AM
You do have these too right? Other than wing-flaps that is
Attachment 18833
yeah.. i know i have that.. just wondering what to look out for?

software upgrade doesn't mess around rob's magic but it reset the AGS driver's pattern learning. the car has been behaving since i took it to 6000 rpm constant cruising but i still feel the gear shift is a retard!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Black,

Hi guys,

I wish I had knew about this site before.
I had so many bad experiences with PML since I got my BMW. My car is there repeatedly for the same problem over and over again. And it is a hassle just to get a loan car. had my car in for bad smell when the A/C is on and vibration on the steering wheel the third week after I picked up my car. After 5 (yes, five) visits, I got to speak to the aftersales manager (Henry Lim, a former parts boy, someone told me) finaly, and he told me that the smell is because of our climate. I think its a bunch of lies he told me. he offered me a gift cert for the lifestock. I want to get my car fixed. Now I have a Lexus and no problem there and I had a Mercedes before and again no such issue. As for thew vibration, they told me to get regular tires and not the runflat tires. But the all the beemers come with the runflat tires at the first place. Why is BMW so dumb and then the dealer ask you to get regular tires? Are they out to make money during the warranty period? It is a hassle for me to take of from work and to go to PML, my colleagues are making fun of me. They told me to get a Toyota, it has less problems.
And the customer service is so bad in the front, nothing like at Lexus.
Did any of you had the same issues on the car? care to share? I am not very happy with this car and I will get another Lexus or Mercedes, I read some good reviews about the A class.
Sorry for venting but I wish I had known about this site earlier.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by e60subnet' post='280797' date='May 11 2006, 12:05 PM
Hi guys,

I wish I had knew about this site before.
I had so many bad experiences with PML since I got my BMW. My car is there repeatedly for the same problem over and over again. And it is a hassle just to get a loan car. had my car in for bad smell when the A/C is on and vibration on the steering wheel the third week after I picked up my car. After 5 (yes, five) visits, I got to speak to the aftersales manager (Henry Lim, a former parts boy, someone told me) finaly, and he told me that the smell is because of our climate. I think its a bunch of lies he told me. he offered me a gift cert for the lifestock. I want to get my car fixed. Now I have a Lexus and no problem there and I had a Mercedes before and again no such issue. As for thew vibration, they told me to get regular tires and not the runflat tires. But the all the beemers come with the runflat tires at the first place. Why is BMW so dumb and then the dealer ask you to get regular tires? Are they out to make money during the warranty period? It is a hassle for me to take of from work and to go to PML, my colleagues are making fun of me. They told me to get a Toyota, it has less problems.
And the customer service is so bad in the front, nothing like at Lexus.
Did any of you had the same issues on the car? care to share? I am not very happy with this car and I will get another Lexus or Mercedes, I read some good reviews about the A class.
Sorry for venting but I wish I had known about this site earlier.

sorry to hear your problem with your 5. yes we have had fair share of issues big and small. some of us here are lucky to have no nagging problems.
As for foul smell from AC... i used to have them but lately it is kind of gone away. I suspect the air filter compartment thing. I used to have dead leaves accumulated under the air filter carriage due to missing drain mould piece so a bunch of dead leaves just stuck there.

as for steering wheel vibration... not sure what it is.. i don't remember anyone complaining here. may be the active steering unit is bad. what was the detail of your 5?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

e60subnet,
Welcome and it's ok to vent. If not all of us will go bonkers.

As for the foul aircon smell, I thought PML should have known better. BWM came out with a circular on this.

I had it when the car was 1 month old. I followed the method which should be fine for new cars. Someone told me he had a crack hose after doing that but his car was old.

It's the heat treatment.

1. Wind down all the window.
2. Turn the aircon temp and the fan speed to max.
3. Go to idrive, on the climate control portion, make the air flow max. at all outlets.
4. Run it for 20-30 minutes.
5. (I add this in) don't on the aircon to cold after the treatment to minimise the risk of crack hose.

I did it for a few sessions for a few days on my way home in the evening then. The problem had not come back since. (Touch wood)
Old 05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

As for the vibration on the steering wheel, I had had the same ( not sure of the extend of the vibration between your and mine). I have been asking them to rectify it but they keep saying it is normal. Maybe my hand is too sensitive.
Before this, I drove a 320i and the steering wheel was perfect. No such vibration. The vibration I am referring to is not a vigourous shaking but a slight oscillation which you can feel it on the wheel.

If they can gurantee it is due to your tire, change the type . Tell them out front, if this does not solve the problem, they have to pay for the new tire as well beside rectifying the problem.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='280810' date='May 11 2006, 12:12 AM
e60subnet,
Welcome and it's ok to vent. If not all of us will go bonkers.

As for the foul aircon smell, I thought PML should have known better. BWM came out with a circular on this.

I had it when the car was 1 month old. I followed the method which should be fine for new cars. Someone told me he had a crack hose after doing that but his car was old.

It's the heat treatment.

1. Wind down all the window.
2. Turn the aircon temp and the fan speed to max.
3. Go to idrive, on the climate control portion, make the air flow max. at all outlets.
4. Run it for 20-30 minutes.
5. (I add this in) don't on the aircon to cold after the treatment to minimise the risk of crack hose.

I did it for a few sessions for a few days on my way home in the evening then. The problem had not come back since. (Touch wood)

yep that would do the trick it burns off the fungus and bacteria.last time in my 3 series can turn the temp to 30+ and have sauna in car now can only turn it to twenty plus.

oh ever since i lowered my car i am humping every hump unless i reduce the speed.and cant park front in.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:57 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='280828' date='May 11 2006, 02:24 PM
oh ever since i lowered my car i am humping every hump unless i reduce the speed.and cant park front in.
are you on pss9 now?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='280794' date='May 10 2006, 09:54 PM
yeah.. i know i have that.. just wondering what to look out for?

software upgrade doesn't mess around rob's magic but it reset the AGS driver's pattern learning. the car has been behaving since i took it to 6000 rpm constant cruising but i still feel the gear shift is a retard!
Do you know that if you remove the carpeted tray in the spare-wheel well, there is a black styrofoam piece and if you remove that too, you could see a chunk of wires that leads to 2 controllers, one of them is the PDC and the other I don't know. Question is why did BMW have such controllers in the spare-wheel well? If one should have a leaky boot, the 2 controllers will kaput too :thumbsdown: There are so many other places in the boot that can house these 2 controllers

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans