E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='296254' date='Jun 12 2006, 04:41 PM
having the installers over in 2 weeks to try again on my wife's 523 - want to do the cut & tuck like LMK - the last implementation in my 520 wasnt neat enough & didnt look stock

will let you know when they come over
Let me know when the surgery takes place... would like to see how its being done. Any one have a spare Video Interface to sell?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='296291' date='Jun 12 2006, 06:26 PM
saw your ride just now at pml pc with Olivin530. is pml going to paint the side panel front to back? color matching will be a challange there i think..

as for WF.. it was raining here and there during the run so i was cruising at taxi-ing speed so no flaps deployed.
They told me the whole of left side doors and panel will have to be reprayed. Maybe they are not so confident, so might as well spray the whole of left side to prevent color matching problem (or at least not so abvious)....hehehhe. What time were you and Olivin at PML?

Finally you tell the truth.. cruising at taxi-ing speed and ops!....the BMW emblem just drop out!!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:26 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='296310' date='Jun 12 2006, 08:13 PM
They told me the whole of left side doors and panel will have to be reprayed. Maybe they are not so confident, so might as well spray the whole of left side to prevent color matching problem (or at least not so abvious)....hehehhe. What time were you and Olivin at PML?

Finally you tell the truth.. cruising at taxi-ing speed and ops!....the BMW emblem just drop out!!
hehehe.. but seriously not the whole emblem piece that came off... the lacquer layer which peels easily after prolong aging due to heat. common problem as i gathered from the parts guy at pml. of course sheer head wind helps i guess..

hell.. spent a good hour at pml around 4pm.. darn.. the new piece of the emblem didn't fit snuggly as original did. Bugger!

saw a new SGG plate silver M5 going in for service.. the valet driver at pml just chirped the wheels taking off to the service area. they really practice tender loving care on the car?? i wonder!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='296299' date='Jun 12 2006, 06:29 AM
Let me know when the surgery takes place... would like to see how its being done.
when they put in the TV interface - they stripped part of the dash & the A-pillar & the rear bench - looked scary

wife nearly fainted when she saw her interior in pieces - threatened to divorce me if the car cannot be put back again

but luckily Ah Bao quite professional & efficient - did everything in 3-4 hours
Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='296236' date='Jun 12 2006, 03:48 PM
Fireplace,

Met up with Stanley PM Alexandra this morning. Again, thanks for your recommendation.

This guy is good and he even brought me to the PML workshop to have a tour of how the repair is being carried out.

PML should have more of such CSA.

Are you happy with repair?
Hi TCC,
Was at PML this afternoon (bumped into Olivin530 but just missed zag) and saw your ride parked there being surveyed by the insurance guy. The rear fender looked pretty beaten up. Wonder if they will just knock it out or replace the panel all together. But I am sure the repair will make it as good as new.

I sent in my ride to Stanley this afternoon to smoothen up the newly replaced and painted door panel. Apparently, there were some very mild uneven dents due to improper handling. They are getting the dent remover guy to massage it and should be ready tomorrow. He managed to secure me a loan car in short notice even without me asking. Hats off to him!

The workmanship was satisfactory aside from the minor flaw on the door panel. Although I feel it could be better, I consider the work pretty good already. I will see if they fix the small little imperfection tomorrow. If they do, I will be happy.

If you leave it to Stanley, you can rest assured he will do his best to meet your needs. If you are not happy, just tell him, and he will not argue and keep working on it till you are happy. Rare breed in PML.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='296190' date='Jun 12 2006, 01:51 PM
yep had a bad day.engine failure just when i was about to have real fun after getting rid of that old souped up malaysian bmw.

i was chasing ed m6 and zaq when "bling" engine failure reduce power.then i had no choice pull over and i can feel immediate loss of power.

suprisingly as russo said try on off engine..it was back to normal but bmw emergency service says can not drive incase further damage.

they are doing the diagnosis now.i did just have ver 21 software installed so no idea what caused the prob.

but the taxi ride back in ed s m6 made up for the thrill and joy i seeked for.m6 dam solid at high speed stable and noise inside cabin was comfortable but if you outside driving chasing him you can hear his exhaust loud man....thanks again ed for the trouble to go thru 1st link.
Sorry to hear about your misadventure with the engine. Hope there is nothing seriously wrong. That's the worry I have with BMW today, especially on its reliability and that something may go wrong in long distance run. You never know when a surprise such as this will creep up on you.

So, you left your ride along NS highway or made it to Melaka and you guys waited for the recovery vehicle to show up?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='296379' date='Jun 12 2006, 11:08 PM
Hi TCC,
Was at PML this afternoon (bumped into Olivin530 but just missed zag) and saw your ride parked there being surveyed by the insurance guy. The rear fender looked pretty beaten up. Wonder if they will just knock it out or replace the panel all together. But I am sure the repair will make it as good as new.

I sent in my ride to Stanley this afternoon to smoothen up the newly replaced and painted door panel. Apparently, there were some very mild uneven dents due to improper handling. They are getting the dent remover guy to massage it and should be ready tomorrow. He managed to secure me a loan car in short notice even without me asking. Hats off to him!

The workmanship was satisfactory aside from the minor flaw on the door panel. Although I feel it could be better, I consider the work pretty good already. I will see if they fix the small little imperfection tomorrow. If they do, I will be happy.

If you leave it to Stanley, you can rest assured he will do his best to meet your needs. If you are not happy, just tell him, and he will not argue and keep working on it till you are happy. Rare breed in PML.
Hi Fireplace,

Stanley asked " so you are a good friend of Kevin?" I guessed it must be you he was referring to and of course i said "Yes!". Besides changing the door panel, the rear fender will be replaced. They will have to CUT the old piece out and replace with a new one, that's why I was very concern with final outcome. Stanley tried to give me some assurance by bringing me to the workshop to see one of the ride undergoing the same repair.

Looks like quite a lot of works has to be carried out and my ride will be on MC for at least 2 weeks.

It was a real pleasure meeting everyone at the last GTG and I look forward to meet you in person soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='296402' date='Jun 12 2006, 11:41 PM
Hi Fireplace,

Stanley asked " so you are a good friend of Kevin?" I guessed it must be you he was referring to and of course i said "Yes!". Besides changing the door panel, the rear fender will be replaced. They will have to CUT the old piece out and replace with a new one, that's why I was very concern with final outcome. Stanley tried to give me some assurance by bringing me to the workshop to see one of the ride undergoing the same repair.

Looks like quite a lot of works has to be carried out and my ride will be on MC for at least 2 weeks.

It was a real pleasure meeting everyone at the last GTG and I look forward to meet you in person soon.
Hahaha...that's kind of funny isn't it. Told Stanley you are a good friend and asked him to take great care of your ride, and that we are very particular about our rides, and he reassure me he will do his best. And here we are, never met in person. Cool.

I am sure your ride will look as good as new. Here's the thing, it is easier for us to spot the minor difference in the workmanship after repair because we are sensitized to the fault area. But to most people who are not aware of the flaw would not notice anything out of ordinary. Best way to find out is to ask some friends to see if they can notice any irregularity on the body works after the repair. If most or all could not spot the difference, then the job is considered well done.

Lets catch up in the next meet up, by then I am sure your ride will be restored.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='293764' date='Jun 7 2006, 05:54 PM
feel your pain man, no wonder you never call me this morning after i offer you.wats happening to our e60 members here lately..not very good.

fireplace car now tcc39....sigh
mr lmk my nuvi still can not see any singapore maps after i copy over.im still stuck.

do u guys see europe maps or not
Tony,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I hope it is just another computer gliche and nothing serious. What did PML say regarding the problem?

Remember I mentioned about my friend's 6 months old E60 having to top up engine oil every 2000km? PML checked and finally confirmed something is wrong. According to my friend, they have to change some "engine" parts and the material take 3 weeks to arrive. Now they loan him another E60 to drive.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='296386' date='Jun 12 2006, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your misadventure with the engine. Hope there is nothing seriously wrong. That's the worry I have with BMW today, especially on its reliability and that something may go wrong in long distance run. You never know when a surprise such as this will creep up on you.

So, you left your ride along NS highway or made it to Melaka and you guys waited for the recovery vehicle to show up?

by the time i drove over to the shoulder the rest have zoomed pass all doing greater 180km/h.
]
i would not leave my ride on the shoulder out of my sight after i on off ignition there was no error message so i drove to pagoh rest stop fortunately very close by and waited for toll truck.

was good too that my car was on top of a lorry and not tolled by wheels cos they took it thru the 1st link.and 1st link jam was terrible and i can assure you if it was tolled by the wheels my ride would have been rammed left right centre...phew

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans