E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

latest update

they say its the ecu got problem something with software conflict etc .

they will be installing a new ecu.. hope thats the end of it.

now i wonder could it be the recent software update i had done ie ver 21.

nuvi update....i got a tax invoice to settle with fedex abt 71 dollars..how about you guys?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by 1628' post='296760' date='Jun 13 2006, 01:09 PM
latest update

they say its the ecu got problem something with software conflict etc .

they will be installing a new ecu.. hope thats the end of it.

now i wonder could it be the recent software update i had done ie ver 21.
nuvi update....i got a tax invoice to settle with fedex abt 71 dollars..how about you guys?
Did you take out your "wing flaps" before the car was sent into PML? Could it be confusing the ECU's throttle sensors?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

Lmk/Dr Loke,

did you guys have the custom made iPod cradle in the ashtray? What parts do I need before Ah Boa & co can do the installation? i.e. do I need to buy the iPod Universal charger base?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='296755' date='Jun 13 2006, 12:51 PM
Back to Garmin Nuvi 310.... How do we make our own POIs. Currently, with the help of our Guru, aka LMK, I have added the POI with all speed traps in Singapore and Malaysia. I must say it works very well. How can I add other POIs into the maps.

After using Nuvi of a week, I only have a couple of complaints.

1. When navigating, smaller road names are not displayed on the screen.
2. Only some landmarks are displayed on the screen while navigating; even with "most" detailed resolution set.
3. Satellite takes quite awhile to "Aquire"! Sometimes more than a minute
4. and finally, CANNOT SEARCH ADDRESS!!!

BZSAB,

Problem with pt 1,2 & 4 - This is because you are using the Malsings maps. If you are using the original Garmin Sing/J.B maps, there will be more smaller road names, landmarks and can search address. I've tried both maps and this is what I observed. I heard from PW that the map for Sing/J.B is about $420.

You can also try activating your Nuvi to Wide Field options under System manual to improve sensitivity.

Other solution: wait for Prof LMK to come back.

Pt3 - Same if you go into shaded car parks lost reception. Turn on will take a much longer time to acquire.
Solution: Switch off GPS before going into shaded car park.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='296810' date='Jun 13 2006, 03:56 PM
BZSAB,

Problem with pt 1,2 & 4 - This is because you are using the Malsings maps. If you are using the original Garmin Sing/J.B maps, there will be more smaller road names, landmarks and can search address. I've tried both maps and this is what I observed. I heard from PW that the map for Sing/J.B is about $420.

You can also try activating your Nuvi to Wide Field options under System manual to improve sensitivity.

Other solution: wait for Prof LMK to come back.

Pt3 - Same if you go into shaded car parks lost reception. Turn on will take a much longer time to acquire.
Solution: Switch off GPS before going into shaded car park.
Guys, I heard that the Garmin original maps can be loaded (legitimately) up to 2 devices... if that is so, can someone load the old maps into the new Nuvi and confirm its working? Would someone have a spare licence to sell?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='296812' date='Jun 13 2006, 04:19 PM
Guys, I heard that the Garmin original maps can be loaded (legitimately) up to 2 devices... if that is so, can someone load the old maps into the new Nuvi and confirm its working? Would someone have a spare licence to sell?
I have the original Garmin map but no Nuvi to test. Was told that the chance is slim.

We can have a GTG when prof LMK is back. You guys can bring Nuvi, latest maps, spare SD to interchange etc...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='296819' date='Jun 13 2006, 04:45 PM
I have the original Garmin map but no Nuvi to test. Was told that the chance is slim.

We can have a GTG when prof LMK is back. You guys can bring Nuvi, latest maps, spare SD to interchange etc...
Guys, if that is so, then we can partner up and split cost to buy Garmin maps. Safe some money for Wing Flaps
Old 06-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='296822' date='Jun 13 2006, 04:54 PM
Guys, if that is so, then we can partner up and split cost to buy Garmin maps. Safe some money for Wing Flaps
Q. How do I unlock to a second compatible Garmin unit I own what I have unlocked to one compatible Garmin I own?
A. Please find your Customer Code for the unlock system (depending on what you owned first, it will be an original 8 digit coupon code that you used to get a 25 digit unlock code or a 7 digit registration code that came with a unit and a particular software product). Please see "What is the difference between a 7 digit unlock registration code and an 8 digit original coupon code?"
After locating your Garmin Customer Code, complete the following steps:

Open MapSource.
Open the Unlock Wizard (either with CTRL + U or under "Utilities/Unlock Maps"). Click "Next".
Choose "No, I need to get a 25-character unlock code". Click "Next".
Enter your information and choose your emailing options. Click "Next".
Click "Next" for the UnlockWizard to connect to the Internet. Note - If you are using AOL, MSN, ATT WorldNet, or a similar Internet Service Provider, you will need to start the service before clicking "Next".
Enter your Garmin Customer Code (the 7 or 8 digit code). Click "Next".
Verify the information that appears. Click "Next".
Choose the option: "Unlock Additional Garmin Unit". Click "Next".
Select an option to identify the Garmin unit for which you are unlocking maps. Click "Next".
If manually entering serial number, enter it now, click "Next", and see below for further instructions.
If connecting unit to get the Internal Unit ID number, follow prompts, and see below for further instructions.
After providing serial or Internal Unit ID number, You will be asked what product and/or region you want to unlock to this second unit. Continue to follow the prompts from there to install the code into your MapSource.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='296788' date='Jun 13 2006, 01:45 AM
Lmk/Dr Loke,

did you guys have the custom made iPod cradle in the ashtray? What parts do I need before Ah Boa & co can do the installation? i.e. do I need to buy the iPod Universal charger base?
(1) Idrive interface unit
(2) AUX input (installed by PML)
(3) iPOD DOCK & charger
(4) cables will be supplied by Ah Bao
Old 06-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='296680' date='Jun 12 2006, 07:49 PM
rev camera i didnt buy from tan chong. found out tan chong outsource their installs to tye electronics. so i went there to buy.
Tye Electronics Co. Pte Ltd Blk 4005 Depot Lane #01-101 S(109759) 62785135
bought it at $260. its abit ex. but this one the quality is good, can see even at night.

BUT.. you can buy this.

looks nicely integrated. same site where you buy the video interface.

http://www.doseongms.com/
ok if you have remote boot release button
otherwise you will need to use the key to pop the boot

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans