E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='299180' date='Jun 18 2006, 02:40 PM
Am I allowed to? This is strictly a E60 GTG... I would be stoned to death if I dare venture there in a MB... :'(

Unless we invite my Alter Ego... SDY33B who happens to have a Black SLK with AMG kit... heard that the bloke will have it by Tuesday night...
Please bring her here. All will be eager to see.

P.S - My house does have plenty of stones..hahaha
Old 06-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='299180' date='Jun 18 2006, 02:40 PM
Am I allowed to? This is strictly a E60 GTG... I would be stoned to death if I dare venture there in a MB... :'(

Unless we invite my Alter Ego... SDY33B who happens to have a Black SLK with AMG kit... heard that the bloke will have it by Tuesday night...
Pls bring her along. Selling my E46; thinking of either the E90 coupe or the SLK for Jr. BTW whats your OMV on the SLK?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='299180' date='Jun 18 2006, 01:40 AM

bring her along if you dare. we will molest and gang rape it hahahhah
Old 06-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='299232' date='Jun 18 2006, 06:09 AM
Pls bring her along. Selling my E46; thinking of either the E90 coupe or the SLK for Jr. BTW whats your OMV on the SLK?
join the dark side Ed, am sure junior won't mind an SLK. might i suggest SLK280?
let me know if u r interested am sure my sales person who is also the manager of AMG mktg will be tripping over his feet to serve someone with an M6... hoping to get u AMG-ed sometime in future.

managed to get my options discounted ++ thru him.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='299290' date='Jun 18 2006, 11:42 PM
join the dark side Ed, am sure junior won't mind an SLK. might i suggest SLK280?
let me know if u r interested am sure my sales person who is also the manager of AMG mktg will be tripping over his feet to serve someone with an M6... hoping to get u AMG-ed sometime in future.

managed to get my options discounted ++ thru him.
Bring your along too leh. Would be nice to see both SLKs parked next to each other.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='299232' date='Jun 18 2006, 07:09 PM
"Bring her"? Oh no... my worst fear was that it would be seen as a chick's car... now I have to tell people its my wife's car and I merely borrowed it every now and then...

The OMV is around S$53K.... unfortunately most of the locally fitted options are not in there... (abt $20K)...
Old 06-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='299441' date='Jun 19 2006, 08:50 AM
The OMV is around S$53K.... unfortunately most of the locally fitted options are not in there... (abt $20K)...
Only? Thats hellofa low isn't it? I heard most PI will bring in the Merc Classic version and locally fit the advantgarde eqpt, etc. Hope this is not the case with yours.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Wah leow! Away for 3 days and 4 pages to read! Btw, called Chin Wah for spare tires but they said they dont carry spares for e60. Instead, they recommended that I go back to PML. PML charging $559 exclusive of installation. Yes! Installation (can you believe it) to put spare tire in your trunk which they will charge close to $50. I think I will apply to be a mechanic at PML.... at the rate they charge, I can make mucho $$$ and retire in 2 years. Bro Ed was nice enough to offer his spare to me but I was already at the 2nd Link. Thanks Ed!

I was fortunate my tires held up well. However, as with all my Malaysian trips, something has to happen. My ride was HIT on the roof by a flying license plate. I was pushing these two inconsiderate Singapore plate cars who think that they own the fast lanes because they were travelling at 140+kmh. The first car ran over a license plate which flew over the second car and decided to land on my roof. I thought it was going to be bad but only resulted in a gash approx an inch long. Still heart ache. Looks like ride have to go in for re-spray next time I travel... any recommendation?

Incidently, I was unable to really push my ride as traffic was pretty heavy both up and down the NS Highway. Managed only 210+. Major speed limiter (WIFE) wasnt too happy either! Car was stable at that speed and I was pretty sure it had a little more to give. Incidently, the Garmin and ride's speedometer dont tally!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='299520' date='Jun 19 2006, 01:15 PM
Wah leow! Away for 3 days and 4 pages to read! Btw, called Chin Wah for spare tires but they said they dont carry spares for e60. Instead, they recommended that I go back to PML. PML charging $559 exclusive of installation. Yes! Installation (can you believe it) to put spare tire in your trunk which they will charge close to $50. I think I will apply to be a mechanic at PML.... at the rate they charge, I can make mucho $$$ and retire in 2 years. Bro Ed was nice enough to offer his spare to me but I was already at the 2nd Link. Thanks Ed!

I was fortunate my tires held up well. However, as with all my Malaysian trips, something has to happen. My ride was HIT on the roof by a flying license plate. I was pushing these two inconsiderate Singapore plate cars who think that they own the fast lanes because they were travelling at 140+kmh. The first car ran over a license plate which flew over the second car and decided to land on my roof. I thought it was going to be bad but only resulted in a gash approx an inch long. Still heart ache. Looks like ride have to go in for re-spray next time I travel... any recommendation?

Incidently, I was unable to really push my ride as traffic was pretty heavy both up and down the NS Highway. Managed only 210+. Major speed limiter (WIFE) wasnt too happy either! Car was stable at that speed and I was pretty sure it had a little more to give. Incidently, the Garmin and ride's speedometer dont tally!
Sorry to hear about the molestation Leslie.

Re the spare tire... I actually threw my away when I changed to Runflats some 1 yr ago! Didn't know it has value!

Does anyone know the resale price for 4 x 16" Continentals 225x55xR16 with original MB rims? My dealer only willing to take them in (brand new) for $350 (for all 4 pieces!)....
Old 06-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

Re the Garmin MalSingMaps... seems that the message thread at MalSinMaps has stopped since end May... no one seems to be addressing the lack of "street search" functionality in the Garmin/Nuvi devices for SGP...

I was tinkering with the POIloader and found that we can emulate the street search functionality... having a bunch of us update sections of the street directory (index on street names A-Z) and have them as POI. That should get us pretty close to where we want to go... instead of have to use our finger to scan the map on the device...

What do you guys think? Prof Lmk?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans