E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 01:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Kiasu King. It may cost you a fair bit more. Those found on the E39 do not have video animation. Those found in the E60 do; just like the E65. Very useful with colur coded zones. However, I used to try my luck even though the sound and animation had shown that I had already reached the danger zone. (thats because the E66 I was driving was way too long for HDB carparks). Paid for it a few times.

Very useful feature. I really don't understand why PML did not include this feature as standard for 5210s.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 31 2004, 03:32 AM
Hi Kiasu King. It may cost you a fair bit more. Those found on the E39 do not have video animation. Those found in the E60 do; just like the E65. Very useful with colur coded zones. However, I used to try my luck even though the sound and animation had shown that I had already reached the danger zone. (thats because the E66 I was driving was way too long for HDB carparks). Paid for it a few times.

Very useful feature. I really don't understand why PML did not include this feature as standard for 5210s.
Edlee, thanks for your comments. I think the video type with camera is very expensive and there is the cheaper one with colour graphics but not video. I will not go for the video one but the graphics one. I scared the video one shows funny images behind the car during the 7th lunar month!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:08 AM
Maldives Blue

Vehicles slated for delivery at end August have just arrived in Singapore. Expect your new cars in 1-2 weeks time.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu King' date='Aug 30 2004, 11:58 PM
Called PML today but was told by parts dept no available yet and don;t know when available.
Guest_kiasu King

I was talking to Brandon (PML - Alexandra) and he explicitly told me that quite a few E60s have PDC retro-fitted sucessfully by Albert and his team. He confirmed that they managed to link the sensors to the i-Drive screen, I did not however ask him if they would retro-fit just the rear only?

You may want to enquire from him again.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Hi All,

Just got a call from CSA Charles to confirm putting my ride in tomorrow to have quite a list of to-dos.

I was checking with him about possible software upgrade without the annoying Acceptance Screen and he told me that this is part of LTA's requirement#^$U%*^%. Sounds really unbelievable!

Anybody care to confirm this?
Old 08-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Members

Hi all

I read sometime ago about the rattling noises which seem to originate from the left and right door columns. Well, called PML and it turns out that this was an unfortunate common problem for which they have a common solution. Apparently the door seal needs fixing. I will be getting this done and will let you all know how it turns out.

BTW, when I spoke to the service girl at PML East Coast, she mentioned a recall program for the E60s on account of a faulty software for the air-bags. Anyone heard of that?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu King' date='Aug 31 2004, 01:58 PM
zag, thanks for the help. I feel safer with the BMW original PDC retrofit. Called PML today but was told by parts dept no available yet and don;t know when available. Also, they do not know how much it will cost but I think judging from price of PDC retrofitt for E39, it will be about $1500 for rear bumper only and more than $3000 for both from and rear. I do not need front PDC only back, so willing to spend about $1500 for the retrofitt. I scared that aftermarket product may spoil the car and not reliable.
I have been using Bumpercare in my previous ride. It had served me well. When I bought my 520i, I got it installed at Juz4Carz on the very same day. The cost is only S$280, but if you get my PML salesperson, she will tell you S$450
Old 08-31-2004, 05:44 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Aug 31 2004, 09:02 PM
Hi All,

Just got a call from CSA Charles to confirm putting my ride in tomorrow to have quite a list of to-dos.

I was checking with him about possible software upgrade without the annoying Acceptance Screen and he told me that this is part of LTA's requirement#^$U%*^%.? Sounds really unbelievable!

Anybody care to confirm this?
PML is just full of s*#@!
If LTA requires it, ask them to prove it. the 7 series are stilll no having it.
Chris Brown called me and told me BMW AG would not bulge.

Guys... I just got off the phone with Chris again and I told him we are not happy about the message screen and BMW to come out statement that every e60 out there across the world will carry this, no exception then i will accept it.
what are you guys' position?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

kiasu....if u do find out the price of the PDC retrofit, pls keep me updated on it and whether it can be done now!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:07 PM
Senior Members

yess tell him we r not happy n ask him to look at the problems in ths forum!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans