E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so wot happens to me? i dun hv a single grill thingy on the ceiling

what r the 4 fone models so far?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Sep 1 2004, 11:49 PM
so wot happens to me? i dun hv a single grill thingy on the ceiling

what r the 4 fone models so far?
toto, no worries lah, they can just replace the panel with one that has the grills for the microphone. You just have to make sure your car has the 640, telephone prep option. All E60s in SIngapore are suppose to have it.

The 4 confirm work phones are:

SE T610, T630
Nokia 6310i
Siemens S55

I think the SE phones are the safesest.

eggz
Old 09-02-2004, 04:20 AM
Members

Today, damn unlucky. Was driving along NEwton Road and an old branch fell on my boot lid and caused a small dent. Any one knows where to get the dent repaired? It is like a nick and I don't think it needs knocking back. I heard there are shops removing nicks. Anyone know where?
Old 09-02-2004, 04:33 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Sep 2 2004, 08:20 PM
Today, damn unlucky. Was driving along NEwton Road and an old branch fell on my boot lid and caused a small dent. Any one knows where to get the dent repaired? It is like a nick and I don't think it needs knocking back. I heard there are shops removing nicks. Anyone know where?
If the dent is accessible from behind, go to PDR (Capitol theatre carpark) or Lye design AMK Motor point. AMK ind Park 2. They will be able to massage it out.

Talk about nick, got one on the edge of my boot above the rear light cluster. Not accesible from behind! Sianz!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Sep 2 2004, 06:33 AM
[quote name='Guest_Kiasu King' date='Sep 2 2004, 08:20 PM'] Today, damn unlucky. Was driving along NEwton Road and an old branch fell on my boot lid and caused a small dent. Any one knows where to get the dent repaired? It is like a nick and I don't think it needs knocking back. I heard there are shops removing nicks. Anyone know where?
If the dent is accessible from behind, go to PDR (Capitol theatre carpark) or Lye design AMK Motor point. AMK ind Park 2. They will be able to massage it out.

Talk about nick, got one on the edge of my boot above the rear light cluster. Not accesible from behind! Sianz! [/quote]
zag, thanks. I think it is not accessible from behind because it is near the edge of the boot lid and I noticed there is another layer of metal sheet below. VEry upset - car body was perfect until today!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Members

Zag, PDR told me dent cannot be massaged away and needs to be knocked back with repainting. So, went to PML which quoted about $600 for the job including respraying. Got no choice - will send in to PML for the job.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

kiasu.....if its not that obvious, just leave it.
very ex leh for one dent!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ed520' date='Sep 2 2004, 11:49 AM
[quote name='Olivin530i' date='Sep 1 2004, 07:35 AM'] They have also once again confirmed that PDC can be retro-fitted - they tried sucessfully after too many 520is owners' demand for it.
just called up brandon and he insisted that they are only in the trial stage. even when i told him tat i heard frm the forum that some guys hve got PDC installed, he still says they are not ready to install n the price is also not confirmed yet! he then asked fo my number n promised to call when they r ready ..... [/quote]
I was at PML yesterday, enquiring about the PDC with Adrian (?) from Parts. He told me that one 520i had been installed and PML is doing the testing now, so far it is working perfectly ok, but it needs more time to monitor if the PDC willkonk out. Until now there is no approval from BMW Asia yet, PML is trying to get more 520i owners to register their interests and will submit the list to BMW Asia. I don't understand the logic behind this exercise. Can means can, cannot means you gotta make it can, as simple as that. Adrian expects the price to be around $3k all in, inclusive of labour and discounts.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:52 PM
Zag, PDR told me dent cannot be massaged away and needs to be knocked back with repainting. So, went to PML which quoted about $600 for the job including respraying. Got no choice - will send in to PML for the job.
Did you ask Winston from PDR if he can suck out the dent?

Original paint is still the best, try to bear with it if you can.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Members

tategoi, I am worried about repainting spoiling original paint. But the nick is very unique because it juts out like a nipple and not the sunken kind! PDR boss told me the metal has been damaged by something below the metal of the boot lid. PML told me it is the frame of the lid that caused the nick jutting out. It is very obvious and each time I see it, I cannot take it. Do you know whether it will be as shiny after the repainting?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans