E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Dec 5 2004, 09:30 AM
My first experience with PML post-delivery of my car had been a pleasant one. The creaks on my door had become so unbearable that I decided to pay the East Coast cente a visit. It was just half-hour job and my E60 came back creak-free. No friction tape just some magic sealant. I wonder if anyone of you who had sent the door seal for treatment had seen returning creaks? I hope it could last long.

The SA also advised me to fix an appointment to have my software updated. When I hear this I very scared leh. Its still v13.3 BTW. Zag, any update?
[snapback]64761[/snapback]
I will sending in my ride again this week or next depending on parts and availability of Bimmer loaner car.

The door creaks on my ride has been persistance and the last fix (the 4th one) is going to be good as long as it last. I was told the last fix i had was the carbaflo stuff. I have had friction tape on second fixes. With the door fix the squeaks was gone but the back seat creaking is dominating now.

Here are the list of things I will be fixing at PML:
- Back seat creaks
- Rattling in driver side door when closing- lock mechanism loose!?
- Peeling/delamination on window switch panel; a/c buttom panel.
- Rear shade ("jumps out" when activated)
- version 13.X software tigthen the steering wheel ratio so heavier feels.

regarding the delamination on plastic panels - watch out for these. I started to look around and notice there are other as well such as the release button for opening center console; cell phone craddle release button.

Ed, so far full ACS kitted e60 i've seen are either 520i or 525i. Fully kitted 545i like yours is rare and there is only one in sg right?
i bet you there will be folks saying ah ya!.. badge up one lar!
I am drooling thinking about it. You got the V8 lump in the front to go with the kit. All show and go... Boy! Perfect!

Saw a trade plate CLK 55 AMG the other day along AYE to Alexandra exit, monstrous sound when it speed off. Nice!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Members

There's another fully kitted AC-S 530i. Number plate 72. Yesterday at Orchard i saw black Breyton kitted 520i complete with the Breyton Magic rims. Looked damn nice with his window tints. The rear spoiler damn solid also. Was staring at his ride the whole time i was crossing the road

zag > that AMG V8 rumble is nice ya? Very nice deep resonance. I saw quite a number of AMGs, E55, SL55 but not a CLK 55 yet.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Members

this could be the cause of the mysterious squeaks in your car especially if it comes from the back seat!

"I Finally Found that #%&@*&% Squeak! (51 views) (51 thread views)

Message: My 545i has been a fantastic car. Problem-free too, except for some incessant squeaking in the back seat area that has been driving me nuts!

I finally tracked it down, and want to let people know how I did it.

Turns out that the squeak was coming from some rubbing where the leather at the back of the top of the rear seat meets a plastic trim piece at the fron of the rear package shelf where the middle seat belt shoulder harness pulls in and out as it's pulled in and out.

In other words, if you pull the middle seat belt shoulder harness out and see where the belt goes in and out at the rear package shelf, you will see a plastic trim piece that's about 4" wide where the belt pulls in and out.

Right where the back of the rear seat meets this plastic trim piece is where my squeaking was coming from. The fix is simple- get a piece of thin cloth and push it between the leather and this trim piece. In my case, I used a thin black dress sock. I cut off the straight part above the heel, about 5" long, and stuffed it between the seat back and this trim piece. Only about 1/8" or so sticks up above the seat back, which you'd never notice unless you get your head into the rear package shelf area and look directly down at it.

Blissful silence! And so easy to fix.

Hope this helps someone else.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:40 AM

Experienced a really bad fright today. I was parking the car (parallel) and easing it forward when all of a sudden it just surged forward. My SA spoke with PML about this and they suspect my floormat was the culprit. However, it definitely is not. I decided to test the car on my own and found what I think is the fault. Its the auto gearbox. Seems the thing has a mind of its own and shifted from 2 to 1. Fortunately for me, I had my foot on the brake pedal at the time of the incident, otherwise, I would have hit the vehicle in front.

Anyway, I have booked the car in for software upgrade and testing and at the same time, for fixes to the door squeaks and driver door knock that seems to happen everytime I stop the car. Otherwise, I am still very happy.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:45 AM

Anyone here for an E60 meet sometime in the near future? Whilst we're at it, maybe we can try putting into action an identity sticker (E60.NET). Maybe we can get Bronze Carman in as our sponsor since he does quite a few. I was at his place on Friday and there were 5 other E60s there excluding mine.

Interested parties, please respond.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Posts 1654 and 1655 were mine. Sorry but I forgot to log in.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:40 AM
Experienced a really bad fright today.? I was parking the car (parallel) and easing it forward when all of a sudden it just surged forward.? My SA spoke with PML about this and they suspect my floormat was the culprit.? However, it definitely is not.? I decided to test the car on my own and found what I think is the fault.? Its the auto gearbox.? Seems the thing has a mind of its own and shifted from 2 to 1.? Fortunately for me, I had my foot on the brake pedal at the time of the incident, otherwise, I would have hit the vehicle in front.

Anyway, I have booked the car in for software upgrade and testing and at the same time, for fixes to the door squeaks and driver door knock that seems to happen everytime I stop the car.? Otherwise, I am still very happy.
[snapback]65427[/snapback]

I'm in, anything for a chance to see your ride

eggz
Old 12-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

Its time for another GTG (Get ToGether). Yes, I am in.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:46 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 6 2004, 10:45 PM
Anyone here for an E60 meet sometime in the near future?? Whilst we're at it, maybe we can try putting into action an identity sticker (E60.NET).? Maybe we can get Bronze Carman in as our sponsor since he does quite a few.? I was at his place on Friday and there were 5 other E60s there excluding mine.

Interested parties, please respond.
[snapback]65431[/snapback]
count me in!
anything to get taxi ride in your awesome 545i
but wait a minute.. need to make sure my car will be back from PML service though for the get together. Will check tomorrow!

anyone experience this?
while closing the rear door (driver side), warning sign came up.. safety window faulty ie. something to do with the window won't stop if you have you hand in the way and when the fault is shown, pushing the button won't roll the window down or up completely instead about couple of inches at a time.
I reopened and slammed close the door again and the fault is gone??
strange circuit at work? or is it the rain water?
Old 12-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Senior Members

No time no date the GTG idea will fade away in no time. Any suggestion? What about Sunday, 19 Dec at 4PM?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans