E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

19 Dec at 4pm sounds good.

By the way; I spoke with Russell. He's quite receptive to the idea of sponsoring us if its just a matter of a couple hundred or so. He's even got the guys whgo can produce the stickers. Can someone come up with a design for the E60.NET (SINGAPORE version)?

He is saying that we must try and volunteer a leader for our group so that it does not fade away like most others. I'm now trying to convince him to buy an E60-525 so that he can join us and maybe lead the SIN group??? We can always pop up at his shop should we need any advise, etc. Maybe we can even get generous discounts from him. Ha ha ha. Not bad for an impromptu meeting point except that its too far West.

My SA has managed to find a buyer for my 124s. Looks like I will be switching to the ACS T4 soon.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:00 AM

Unfortunately I'll be away on the 19th.. otherwise, it would be nice to meet up with everyone.. But do count me in for the sticker..
Old 12-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 7 2004, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately I'll be away on the 19th.. otherwise, it would be nice to meet up with everyone.. But do count me in for the sticker..
[snapback]66071[/snapback]
Oops.. that was me...
Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Hi! Guys,

Quick question ... Anyone of you knows your idrive software version? Or do we care at all?

Damn hard to get an answer from PML. :'(
Old 12-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Members

Hi Everyone,

Any one did the successfully installed MP3 option from PML on the E60 ? <_< They collected 50% deposit, drag me for 2 months because they don't have the software, then now come back to say the option cannot be installed and ask me to take everything out again.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by E-Sixty' date='Dec 9 2004, 05:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

Any one did the successfully installed MP3 option from PML on the E60 ? <_<? They collected 50% deposit, drag me for 2 months because they don't have the software, then now come back to say the option cannot be installed and ask me to take everything out again.
[snapback]66901[/snapback]
Thought some guy in belgium took BMW to court and got some money back coz the e60 won't support MP3!
Old 12-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by zag' date='Dec 9 2004, 06:16 AM
Thought some guy in belgium took BMW to court and got some money back coz the e60 won't support MP3!
[snapback]66912[/snapback]
It's a Swede.

Anyway how can PML collect $ first when it's not even supported? Unless it's the aux in.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:40 AM
Experienced a really bad fright today.? I was parking the car (parallel) and easing it forward when all of a sudden it just surged forward.? My SA spoke with PML about this and they suspect my floormat was the culprit.? However, it definitely is not.? I decided to test the car on my own and found what I think is the fault.? Its the auto gearbox.? Seems the thing has a mind of its own and shifted from 2 to 1.? Fortunately for me, I had my foot on the brake pedal at the time of the incident, otherwise, I would have hit the vehicle in front.

Anyway, I have booked the car in for software upgrade and testing and at the same time, for fixes to the door squeaks and driver door knock that seems to happen everytime I stop the car.? Otherwise, I am still very happy.
[snapback]65427[/snapback]
Hi Edlee,

This sudden surge forward has been reported in this forum before. I had this problem too when my ride was new. The problem could lie in the "disengaged" gearbox when in idle; you could test this by having your ride on a slope upwards say at 25-30 degrees and see if your ride slide backwards even if the gear in in "D". Mine did and PML says the RPM is a little too low; and I learnt from this forum that M3 owners says this is one of its characteristics - they want to feel the sudden surge and burn tires!

Anyway, they upped the RPM by 100 revs and my rides stays on a slope and the sudden surge problem disappear.

Now, I'm getting vibes from the key/keyhole in the ignition - it is resonating with the engine and it is soooooo annnnnooooyyyyiiinnngg!!!. Squaks, vibrations, rattles...... and etc....... definite characteristics of the E60!!!

Zag, I too have the rattling noise in the drivers door, and your guess is as good as mine - the lock linkage could be loose. I could also hear an even jutter when this window is wound down - sounds like an unwilling gear at work! And my CD (front) is still playing a definite track every time I get into the car - talk about s/w upgrades!!!

The runflats are a dread - at 16,000 km, now the noise is so loud it is beginning to sound like a monster truck! Thinking of picking up the spare and jack and ordering a set of tires, otherwise bite the bullet and bear with it (while cursing BMW for having them as factory standards).

I am in for the Sunday meet - location? anyone?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Not many responded to the GTG on 19 Dec, perhaps most cannot make it? So far only Edlee, Olivin and myself okayed. Did I miss out anyone? People, please state your preference so that its easier for everyone.

Alternatively we can have it on the following Sunday, 26 Dec, together with the BMW.SG comrades at Kallang carpark.

I am ok on either dates.

19 Dec: Edlee, Olivin, tategoi

26 Dec: tategoi
Old 12-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

Thanks Olivin. Will speak with PML regarding this.

Tategoi; I am okay with both dates; however, 26 may be a little tough because its the day after X'mas which is usually spent with the family but I am sure I can make do.

As for location, a quiet place where we can have a drink/meal together whilst "watching over" our rides and should be great. I'm for anywhere within SINGAPORE. In fact, does anyone know where Autoglym used to be? Its a little place just outside Amoy Qwee Camp known as Cactus Road. The main road servicing the area is Yio Chu Kang Road. I know of a coffee shop there with free parking for quite afew cars on a nromal day. The food's not bad either. In fact, should anyone want to, we can proceed from there to places like Seletar Reservoir, Upp Pierce or even Seletar Dam for some photo shoots.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans