E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by ///M-trois' date='Jan 10 2005, 03:25 AM
Very,very interesting thread.? ?
[snapback]77682[/snapback]
Not sure to believe all the numbers or not. The avenues for the SA's mentioned are definitely there. This particular case may be one for an extremely successful SA; but to generalise it?

Those avenues are there for all sales people, not just PML's. So, by right or left, most car SA must be very well off...

But to me the moral of that story is consumers have to be more vigilant. If not just have to pay the "school fees" to learn.

Also, for someone's joining in first post to be such, I can't help it but to have a bit of reservation. Did you notice his name too? PMLin.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Well, through personal experience, I am pretty sure these SA's make good money as I had a serious issue with my 1st SA, which I brought up to the attention to their management who then appointed a different SA to me. It got ugly as this SA was quite bitter about the whole issue that SHE ended slipping up and SMS'ing me some figures with regards to some commissions.

To cut the long story short, I ended up 'squeezing' a lot of freebies out of them which amounted to almost S$10k when I bought my E60.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Members

My Ride:

$117,000??? =12.5million JP yen!!
Is every auto that expensive in Sin?
Very few people can afford, I guess.

I bought 525i w/leather,navigation for 5.5M yen = $53,000
Clearance before the facelift, still more expensive than US price.
Thought the Singapore price a bit cheaper than Japan
simply a big surprise to me
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Cheech' date='Jan 10 2005, 07:17 AM
$117,000??? =12.5million JP yen!!
Is every auto that expensive in Sin?
Very few people can afford, I guess.

I bought 525i w/leather,navigation for 5.5M yen = $53,000
Clearance before the facelift, still more expensive than US price.
Thought the Singapore price a bit cheaper than Japan
simply a big surprise to me
?
[snapback]77700[/snapback]
Well, when a car gets to Singapore, there is a 20% import tax. After that, there is this 110% "additional registration fees", plus Goods & Services tax, and a piece of paper that we have to bid to entitle us to buy a car. So a $30+K car becomes over $100K here.

Most of us are heavily in debts.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Senior Members

I read that post regarding commissions too. Guess the guy was trying to let off some steam. I know the SAs do get quite some money from your loans and that is why they keep pressing the client to borrow as much as possible. My opinion is that one must be comfortable with the repayment and on top of that, when you sell the car in future, you must take back enough for a new purchase whether it be an upgrade or for some other purpose. As for commissions, coming from a sales background, I am sure that Companies do offer extra incentives to push certain models that either generally do not sell well or at the end of their shelf life. However, I really doubt that SAs, in all fairness, do not receive such huge incentives. The reward for selling a smaller car like the 318 versus the 745LI, I am sure varies by quite a few thousand. Everyone else can sell a 318 but how many can sell a 745LI? Therefore, base commissions, w/out all the other add-ons, I believe should range between probably SGD 1500 to roundabout SGD 8000.00.

My SA peronally gave me a good rebate off her own commissions on top of the official rebate I got from PML. I am hapy with that, so long as she's honest in what she tells me and services me well.

The honest SAs really deserve what they receive; its honest money for an honest day's work. If everyone were to wring everyone else dry, then there will be nobody going into business and nobody who will take up the sales positions, resulting in NO demand for ops staff, backroom people and at the end of the day, banks will cease to exist.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

Tategoi, as you know, I have the Logic 7 in my ride. Its not as good as touted to be. However, it beats the normal sound that you may experience in the normal set-up. I upgraded the normal system in my E46 with a couple of amps, new speakers and it sounds alot better than the stock set-up.

Try Genisis. This amp, though not one of those very powerful amps is really worth the money. They're not cheap too.

However, I must warn you this; the E60 is such a problematic car, especially for us here in Singapore because of the back-up service we receive from PML. You're gonna have to send your ride in every now and then for waranty fixes. Should PML one day decide to void your warranty due to the unauthorised addition, then they can legally do so. Please reconsider.

I wanted to switch my 124s for Breytons initially. However, spoke with my SA who spoke with Belinda Beh and was advised against doing so. Therefore ended up with the AC 4s which you guys saw. Not worth the problems really.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Members

My Ride:

Sorry for my asking, and asking question if annoying.
But I had a huge curiosity on that.

I've visited Singapore(both business & vacation) 20+ times.
My impression on the country, simply is much more organized than ours.
That's why I wondered.
If they tax on BMW, they sure must do the same on Toyotas, Hondas, even on Hyundais.
Very disappointing the average people!
Is the government encouraging people to ride cabs instead of owning a car? (I know cab fare is very cheap in Sin)
or they just don't wanna import traffic jams with the autos???
Don't understand at all.....

Old 01-10-2005, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cheech' date='Jan 10 2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry for my asking, and asking question if annoying.
But I had a huge curiosity on that.

I've visited Singapore(both business & vacation) 20+ times.
My impression on the country, simply is much more organized than ours.
That's why I wondered.
If they tax on BMW, they sure must do the same on Toyotas, Hondas, even on Hyundais.
Very disappointing the average people!
Is the government encouraging people to ride cabs instead of owning a car? (I know cab fare is very cheap in Sin)
or they just don't wanna import traffic jams with the autos???
Don't understand at all.....

?
[snapback]77709[/snapback]
Well, my friend just bought a Honda Fit yesterday for S$67,500 (JPY4.2 Mio). The cost of the car frpm Japan is S$16,500 (JPY10.5 Mio, is this also what a Fit costs in Japan?). The total tax is around 136% or S$22,500. The certificate to own a car cost S$18,000. Car dealer's profit margin around S$10,000. So all add-up to S$67,500.

Irregardless of any makes, Japanese, Korean or German cars, they are subject to the same taxes. Anyway, most of the Japanese that work in Singapore I know are driving Continental cars, as they cannot accept the fact that Japanese cars cost so much more here.

JPY100=S$1.575
Old 01-10-2005, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 10 2005, 09:08 PM
Tategoi, as you know, I have the Logic 7 in my ride.? Its not as good as touted to be.? However, it beats the normal sound that you may experience in the normal set-up.? I upgraded the normal system in my E46 with a couple of amps, new speakers and it sounds alot better than the stock set-up.

Try Genisis.? This amp, though not one of those very powerful amps is really worth the money.? They're not cheap too.

However, I must warn you this; the E60 is such a problematic car, especially for us here in Singapore because of the back-up service we receive from PML.? You're gonna have to send your ride in every now and then for waranty fixes.? Should PML one day decide to void your warranty due to the unauthorised addition, then they can legally do so.? Please reconsider.

I wanted to switch my 124s for Breytons initially.? However, spoke with my SA who spoke with Belinda Beh and was advised against doing so.? Therefore ended up with the AC 4s which you guys saw.? Not worth the problems really.
[snapback]77707[/snapback]
Ed, I am prepared to lose the warranty for parts that are faulty due to the upgrade that I have undertaken. PML cannot claimed that my suspensions leak as a result of the hifi upgrade, or that the auto transmission gave way because of the subwoofers that I have installed, if you get what I mean. I am sure PML would be understanding regarding the warranty issue, well, I hope.

My installer called me last week, finally, after a 6-month wait, that he is now confident to do ICE on an E60. I already have the equipment from my previous ride, so I will recycle what I have. They are mainly Diamond Audio amps and subs, and DSL components for the front. I have heard about the Genesis, the British amp is very expensive.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Members

My Ride:

Neither can I accept 4.2M yen Honda Fit. 3 times as much.
Knowing above fact, 12.5M yen BMW is much more acceptable now.
Only the rich can drive.....

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans