E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 04:05 PM

They used to have a workshop at Sime Darby house, where their showroom is and it is now been converted to the delivery center.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 24 2005, 08:05 PM
They used to have a workshop at Sime Darby house, where their showroom is and it is now been converted to the delivery center.
[snapback]82640[/snapback]
That's correct but I am told they will start it again, something like the loading bay at the back. The delivery centre will still be there.

But haven't seen anything yet.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Jan 25 2005, 09:23 AM
[quote name='Guest' date='Jan 24 2005, 08:05 PM']They used to have a workshop at Sime Darby house, where their showroom is and it is now been converted to the delivery center.
[snapback]82640[/snapback]
That's correct but I am told they will start it again, something like the loading bay at the back. The delivery centre will still be there.

But haven't seen anything yet.
[snapback]82650[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep not so soon, the renovation in alexandra got to be up first before they proceed to do up bukit timah workshop. That will take about 2 months I guess. Some of the CSAs will be tranferred there too.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Did anybody in Singapore order the new m5? Any1 here asked their salesman about it..?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

Trip up North - Anytime
BMW.SG - I really prefer the exclusive E60 meet-ups
Problems with PML - I have given up on these morons. That Henry Lim (PML AFTER SALES MGR) - NEVER EVER TAKE HIS WORD - I have now threatened PML in writing to bring my lawyer into this issue. Will talk about when we meet. This is positively the last car I buy from them.
M5 - Heard someone placed an order already. All hush hush. However, I do caution anyone in Singapore who wants one - THINK TWICE!!! The M5 has such an advanced and sophisticated engine. IS PML CAPABLE OF MAINTAINING THE M5??? Why spend good money on a Company that is full of INCOMPETENT, GOOD FOR NOTHING LIARS???
Old 01-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

Gonna be in Singapore between 7th and 15th Feb for CNY. Any chance there maybe a E60 meet up then. There wasn't one last time I was here. Only got to meet up with totoseow then.

I suppose during the CNY period you guys will be tied up with family gatherings anyway.

Well let me know if any plans between those dates. I should be checking this forum when I'm at my hotel hopefully.

Edlee, any news on those E60.net logos???
Old 01-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 25 2005, 05:29 PM
Trip up North - Anytime
BMW.SG - I really prefer the exclusive E60 meet-ups
Problems with PML - I have given up on these morons.? That Henry Lim (PML AFTER SALES MGR) - NEVER EVER TAKE HIS WORD - I have now threatened PML in writing to bring my lawyer into this issue.? Will talk about when we meet.? This is positively the last car I buy from them.
M5 - Heard someone placed an order already.? All hush hush.? However, I do caution anyone in Singapore who wants one - THINK TWICE!!!? The M5 has such an advanced and sophisticated engine.? IS PML CAPABLE OF MAINTAINING THE M5???? Why spend good money on a Company that is full of INCOMPETENT, GOOD FOR NOTHING LIARS???
[snapback]82904[/snapback]
Haha take it easy Edlee..
Old 01-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Members

My SA told me quite a few people in Singapore ordered the M5. She wondered how come Singaporeans are so rich. She said not practical to drive M5 in Singapore. I think if the launch control on M5 is activated, the car will shoot from the parking lot into the longkang in no time.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Contributors

If there's singaporeans who are able to afford to get lambo and ferarri.. m5 is nothing to them..
Old 01-25-2005, 11:48 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Jan 24 2005, 01:35 PM
We spoke about a meet-up before the CNY, and there is one this Sunday by BMW-SG. Anyone interested to attend? Or you guys prefer an exclusive one for the E60? I am very curious about the problems Ed had with PML.
[snapback]82378[/snapback]
Planning to be there at the kallang bmw.sg meet up.
By the way, I sent in my ride for about some 8 items to be fixed on Tuesday. I got a e60 520i loaner (<1700km on the odo and smells new) to drive around while mine is at the workshop. The higher profile tyres on the 520i ride less rough compare to the runflats om 18" rim and quieter too...

The steering wheel is heavier because of the software version 13. Not sure i like it though.

totoseow, have you got use to the heavier steering yet? I am thinking either to go for it or not with software rev 13 upgrade.

After driving the 520i for a day I realise how much I have taken the dynamic drive (or ARS) for granted. Hard to give it up now!

List of problem to fix (Jan 25 2005):
1. Delaminated door handle panel (passenger side front); delaminated a/c panel
2. Creaks in back seat; Rattling/Vibration noise around steering/dashboard area
3. Drive side door lock knob loose and rattling
4. Long engine crank
5. Noisy passenger side wiper
6. Steering wheel off center

Will keep you guys posted!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans