E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And so we met at West Coast Park outside McDonald's much to many other motorist gawking at us. It was sad that we had to miss edLee, stranger and maybe totoseow although he did not idicate he would be coming.

All of us wanted to hear edlee's debacle with PML and he is sorely missed; the consolation is that we had NEWcomers like dindae520i and BMW530 all the way from Wales, UK.

dindae520i showed us his AUX input together with a Belkin cigarette adaptor to power up his Ipod - considering the wires going over the centre console, it ain't that neat an option - but no fish prawn also can leh. dindae520i's ride is cared for by Carman, and it sure impresses.

tategoi's sound system is awesome!!! It's like having the Esplanade in your car! And at a cool $15K, it sure put Logic7 and the like to shame. The processor in the trunk and the woofers produces REAL good sounds that makes most of us salivate!!!

Some pics for you fellas to keep:
Old 02-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Senior Members

Repeated Post
Old 02-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

And so we met at West Coast Park outside McDonald's much to many other motorist gawking at us. It was sad that we had to miss edLee, stranger and maybe totoseow although he did not idicate he would be coming.

All of us wanted to hear edlee's debacle with PML and he is sorely missed; the consolation is that we had NEWcomers like dindae520i and BMW530 all the way from Wales, UK.

dindae520i showed us his AUX input together with a Belkin cigarette adaptor to power up his Ipod - considering the wires going over the centre console, it ain't that neat an option - but no fish prawn also can leh. dindae520i's ride is cared for by Carman, and it sure impresses.

tategoi's sound system is awesome!!! It's like having the Esplanade in your car! And at a cool $15K, it sure put Logic7 and the like to shame. The processor in the trunk and the woofers produces REAL good sounds that makes most of us salivate!!!

Some pics for you fellas to keep:
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-dsc03303z.jpg   E60 for Singaporeans-dsc03302z.jpg   E60 for Singaporeans-dsc03298z.jpg  
Old 02-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Sorry guys. Got home from KL at 3+am. Just woke up from my nap when tategoi called and had to go for a last minute visit arrangement to an elder.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Hi Guys,

It was great to have met all of you this afternoon. I'm already looking forward to the next meet. Tetegoi - LOVE your sound system! But no longer a single man, so, NO GO for me. Olivin530i - thanks for the great pics. Looking forward to the rest of the pics that were taken from everyone else. Please post more! Well, Eggz, good luck with your BT & Aux input installation.

Well, like I mentioned, the company that custom makes the floor mats has gotten back to me and said that they can customise mats for right hand drive cars as well. Their link is HERE. We can do a bulk order to save on shipping costs. What do you think?
Old 02-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by E-Sixty' date='Feb 13 2005, 07:15 PM
HI Dindae,

Got a quick question, does the Aux retrofit have a power cable out ? If not, Maybe installing an cig lighter cable adaptor to charge my MP3 playerwould be a good idea ?

ALso to Tategoi, is the ipod adaptor a apple product or you are talking about BMW option ? Please enlighten? Very interested and very board with CD's already. PML failed to install the MP3 CD option on my E60.

Regards.
[snapback]89645[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty
When you indent for the part the Aux input, you will only receive, the components for the interface. You will not get the 12v power outlet. I have my iPod interfaced via the Belkin Auto Kit. It supplies the power to my iPod and at the same time has got a line output as well. I do not use the headphone out from the iPod into the Aux input. Tendency to distort if your iPod level is not set right if you connect via the headphone out.

As for the iPod adaptor that Tategoi is talking about, it is a solution that hopefully Apple is working together with BMW on. But there is supposed to be another 3rd party solution that is due out the second half of this year by a company called Dension USA. They are currently working on coming out with an optical interface between the E60 computer and the iPod. You will then be able to see the complete information on the iDrive screen and also use the controls on your steering wheel. I am really looking forward to it, but it is not going to come cheap. The online price is expected to be around US$299. You can get more information HERE.

But the Aux input does a really good job. The cable runs pretty discretely from my 12v outlet into the glove compartment. Can't complain until the iPod interface is officially launched.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E-Sixty' date='Feb 13 2005, 07:15 PM
ALso to Tategoi, is the ipod adaptor a apple product or you are talking about BMW option ? Please enlighten? Very interested and very board with CD's already. PML failed to install the MP3 CD option on my E60.

Regards.
[snapback]89645[/snapback]
Its an Apple product, it is already available for the 3-series, Xs and Zs, but not for the 5s and 7s. I suspect it had got to do with the iDrive compatibility. You can check it out HERE.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:51 AM
Senior Members

From the pictures posted, looks like you guys had a great time. Really unfortunate I couldn't be there.

There's nothing further between me and PML. I've don't have any problems with the personnel at Kg Arang. I will still send my ride to Kg Arang so long as it is under warranty. My disappointment is with the upper management and the personnel at Alexandra. I love my E60 but unfortunately because of all that has gone on, this will be my last. My initial plans before this debacle was to upgrade the E46 to an M6 later on and then upgrade my E60 to the new 7 (expected launch in 2008) when it is introduced. But like most forward planning, this one was doomed to fail. Best that we part ways because I really don't believe their high handed ways should be tolerated at all. The only time I will ever buy another BMW is when BMW re-appoints another distributor. PML belongs to Sime Darby which is a Malaysian Company. You know what these guys up north are like.

Tategoi, congrats on your ICE. However 15K is quite an amount to spend, but if you really like it and spend lots of time in your ride, then its money well spent. I noticed in Olivin's post that he was comparing it with the L7. Well, there should be no comparison at all. I believe I topped up something like 4K for the L7 and that in itself tells you that it is not as superior a set.

I was at C&C the other day going thru their SLK & SL models. Thinking of trading in the E46 for one of them. Do you know that they actually offer the L7 as an option?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Ok. I wasn't angry in fact. Just thot it was not nice to generalise.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

Stranger, relax, don't pick fight lah. 'These guys' refer to Sime Darby management personnels. He didn't use 'the guys up north' which might be interpreted as all Malaysians.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans