E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Feb 15 2005, 09:54 PM
People; we have hit a small problem with the decals.? Russell thinks the headlights on the E60 might be changed in a couple of years and so suggested that we go just for the E60 Forum wordings.? What do you guys think?? Can anyone make some time to maybe meet up say this Saturday at his office?? Maybe a couple more of us serious enough to sit down and come up with a decision should show up.? Any volunteers who'd like to make a difference?
[snapback]90362[/snapback]
If the consideration is purely the possibility of changes to the headlight, then I would still vote for it to stay. It's very nice. With just the wordings the decal will look very bland.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dindae520i' date='Feb 13 2005, 11:13 PM
[quote name='E-Sixty' date='Feb 13 2005, 07:15 PM']HI Dindae,

Got a quick question, does the Aux retrofit have a power cable out ? If not, Maybe installing an cig lighter cable adaptor to charge my MP3 playerwould be a good idea ?

ALso to Tategoi, is the ipod adaptor a apple product or you are talking about BMW option ? Please enlighten? Very interested and very board with CD's already. PML failed to install the MP3 CD option on my E60.

Regards.
[snapback]89645[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty
When you indent for the part the Aux input, you will only receive, the components for the interface. You will not get the 12v power outlet. I have my iPod interfaced via the Belkin Auto Kit. It supplies the power to my iPod and at the same time has got a line output as well. I do not use the headphone out from the iPod into the Aux input. Tendency to distort if your iPod level is not set right if you connect via the headphone out.

As for the iPod adaptor that Tategoi is talking about, it is a solution that hopefully Apple is working together with BMW on. But there is supposed to be another 3rd party solution that is due out the second half of this year by a company called Dension USA. They are currently working on coming out with an optical interface between the E60 computer and the iPod. You will then be able to see the complete information on the iDrive screen and also use the controls on your steering wheel. I am really looking forward to it, but it is not going to come cheap. The online price is expected to be around US$299. You can get more information HERE.

But the Aux input does a really good job. The cable runs pretty discretely from my 12v outlet into the glove compartment. Can't complain until the iPod interface is officially launched.
[snapback]89680[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi dindae520i,

Many thanks for the info. Maybe I can meet you in Singapore once I am back to take a closer look, at your convenience, of course. Gotta see how the power is run from the cig adaptor to the glove compartment. I was thinking getting the AUX installed 1st and when the ipod adaptor from apple comes out, go for that then. Having a AUX input looks like a great investment, who knows what audio mediun next ? Can use it for future medium.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Feb 14 2005, 03:54 PM
[quote name='E-Sixty' date='Feb 13 2005, 07:15 PM']ALso to Tategoi, is the ipod adaptor a apple product or you are talking about BMW option ? Please enlighten? Very interested and very board with CD's already. PML failed to install the MP3 CD option on my E60.

Regards.
[snapback]89645[/snapback]
Its an Apple product, it is already available for the 3-series, Xs and Zs, but not for the 5s and 7s. I suspect it had got to do with the iDrive compatibility. You can check it out HERE.
[snapback]89900[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks tategoi. Keep me in the loop with future audio upgrade ok !
Old 02-15-2005, 06:41 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:22 PM
[quote name='eggz' date='Feb 14 2005, 09:22 AM'][quote name='Edlee' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:51 AM']
I was at C&C the other day going thru their SLK & SL models.? Thinking of trading in the E46 for one of them.? Do you know that they actually offer the L7 as an option?
[snapback]89918[/snapback]
Hi Edlee, Have you considered the new Boxster S?

[snapback]89944[/snapback]
[/quote]

Personally i would rather get the 911 rather than the boxter S.. It's much better looking and it's a new model for 2005.. Pricewise i doubt it's a lot of diff..

Just my 2 cents worth..
[snapback]90316[/snapback]
[/quote]

In sg, cheapest 911 is the Carrera coupe at S$414K and goes all the way to 911GT2 at S$860K. That is a hell lot of difference with the entry level Porsche Boxter S at close to S$280K! Dude!
Old 02-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:42 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Feb 15 2005, 09:54 PM']People; we have hit a small problem with the decals.? Russell thinks the headlights on the E60 might be changed in a couple of years and so suggested that we go just for the E60 Forum wordings.? What do you guys think?? Can anyone make some time to maybe meet up say this Saturday at his office?? Maybe a couple more of us serious enough to sit down and come up with a decision should show up.? Any volunteers who'd like to make a difference?
[snapback]90362[/snapback]
If the consideration is purely the possibility of changes to the headlight, then I would still vote for it to stay. It's very nice. With just the wordings the decal will look very bland.
[snapback]90383[/snapback]
[/quote]

Edlee is right. I will need more views and ideas from you guys in how the decal should look such as the shape, type of color, fonts and size as it is a decal that will soon be on most E60s enthusiasts' windscreen which all of us will be proud of displaying... comfortably.

What I do have in mind at the moment to include in the decals are

1)e60.net
2)Singapore forums
3)Registration number such as SFA 1234A
4)Member status such as newbie, addict, fanatic etc so that we know how 'on the ball' the member is just by looking at the decal.

What do you guys think? If you have other views or ideas just bump it in and I'll go through it with you guys this sat at my joint.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

So guys; we have an open invite from the MAN himself. How about a headcount for Saturday? I'm sure he'll have his usual buffet, beer and wine all set up for us; plus maybe a powerpoint presentation of the possible designs - just kidding.

I tend to agree that the decal may look bland, but if we add in the necessary colors, change some fonts and add some touches to it, who knows, we might all grow to like it in the end.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:26 PM
Hey eggz, a happy belated anniversary!

A member of the forum for one year now! Congrats!?
[snapback]90234[/snapback]
Woah, Ice, how are you able to keep track of this? I didn't even know I've hit 1 year!...thanks!

eggz
Old 02-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Edlee, not sure if I can make it to Carmen's this Sat, but will try. I've been wanting to go down and perhaps sign up for a package.

BTW, you can get a hardtop with the Boxster S. Also, you might want to factor in the price of some essential options like PASM (Porsche Active Stability Management) a bit like our ARS, the chrono pack. Not sure if their active steering is standard....

Zag, prices on the local Porsche webpage for the Boxster S is for the old model. I think the new one should be only slightly more. It'll depend on the what options that the Singapore cars are spec-ed.

eggz
Old 02-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Feb 16 2005, 02:03 AM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:26 PM']Hey eggz, a happy belated anniversary!

A member of the forum for one year now! Congrats!?
[snapback]90234[/snapback]
Woah, Ice, how are you able to keep track of this? I didn't even know I've hit 1 year!...thanks!

eggz
[snapback]90617[/snapback]
[/quote]
The date just looked at me...
Old 02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by russo' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:45 AM
3)Registration number such as SFA 1234A
[snapback]90396[/snapback]
I take it this is to be written?

Originally Posted by russo' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:45 AM
4)Member status such as newbie, addict, fanatic etc so that we know how 'on the ball' the member is just by looking at the decal.
[snapback]90396[/snapback]
This may be a little bit tough as the status initially changes quite fast, from Newbie to veteran member I think takes about 200 posts only.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans