E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meeting valvetronic for lunch at 12 tomorrow.
at marina south food court.

anybody else wanna come chit chat?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' date='Jul 19 2005, 04:48 AM
[snapback]150628[/snapback]
I'll try to make time. My office is nearby.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Members

Hi Valvetronic,
Sure you can change the rear speakers...you can rip everything apart if you want.

Front and rear have only small 4" speakers !! Suggest u change them !!Change them and add amp to crank it up !!!

Hope to see u next time so we can let u can audition some of the sound system in this forum...

I personally heard tategoi "concert hall"!! The sound is sweeeeeet with 6.5" front plus monster sub at the rear !!!

blacky

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Jul 19 2005, 11:14 AM
Ed, agree with your comments on JT.? I actually knew her 10 years ago, when she was a Poly Intern at the company I worked in then.? She's still very much the same nice person!

Wow getting an M...5...or M6?? You serious??

btw, JT told me you are an expert.? Is there any way to replace the rear speakers? Anyone in this forum who has done some serious ICE work on his E60?
[snapback]150518[/snapback]
Old 07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Members

Buga,
Meeting Marina south for Curry Chicken and sound test tomorrow ?

What time u guys hanging around till ?? See if I an join u!!

Blacky

Originally Posted by bugaboo' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:48 PM

Old 07-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by blacky' date='Jul 19 2005, 10:38 AM
Buga,
Meeting Marina south for Curry Chicken and sound test tomorrow ?

What time u guys hanging around till ?? See if I an join u!!

Blacky

[quote name='bugaboo' date='Jul 19 2005, 06:48 PM']meeting valvetronic for lunch at 12 tomorrow.

[snapback]150702[/snapback]
[/quote]

call me when u coming down k?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Members

Guys, thanks for the compliments. Really an experience to own a E60. This is my first 6 cyl car. The thought of ripping and installing a concert hall in the car is soooo tempting!! Since the car is so quiet, it's a shame if the ICE doesn't measure up. Like bugaboo, I'd like to try some restraint as I've blown lots of $$ on ICE on my previous cars. The mid-range of the speakers aren't too bad. They seem to come with better speakers say vs the E46, whose cones were made of expensive paper, meant to be thrown away from the start. The potential of those factory speakers are not driven powerfully enough. I'd surely like to add an amp for the factories, and another to drive a moderate sub.

See you guys later for lunch!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by valvetronic' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:01 PM
Guys, thanks for the compliments.? Really an experience to own a E60.? This is my first 6 cyl car.? The thought of ripping and installing a concert hall in the car is soooo tempting!!? Since the car is so quiet, it's a shame if the ICE doesn't measure up.? Like bugaboo, I'd like to try some restraint as I've blown lots of $$ on ICE on my previous cars.? The mid-range of the speakers aren't too bad.? They seem to come with better speakers say vs the E46, whose cones were made of expensive paper, meant to be thrown away from the start.? The potential of those factory speakers are not driven powerfully enough.? I'd surely like to add an amp for the factories, and another to drive a moderate sub.

See you guys later for lunch!
[snapback]150970[/snapback]

these are my concert hall specifications: gruppeM CAI, hiop manifolds, decat, Supersprint and DMS ECU. sweeeeet music...
Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jul 19 2005, 07:24 PM
these are my concert hall specifications:? gruppeM CAI, hiop manifolds, decat, Supersprint and DMS ECU.? sweeeeet music...
[snapback]150978[/snapback]
I didn't get the GruppeM CAI put in because:
1. I like being able to hear the subtle differences in the Theatre and Concert Hall settings on my Logic 7 system, which kicks serious ass! The HIOP and SS combination is perceptible, but not intrusive, except when I press the loud pedal a bit too hard.
2. I can't afford it

I am sending this from my balcony overlooking San Diego harbour and skyline, where I regularly get buzzed by Apaches & Comanches flying overhead, and Navy Seals inflatables zipping by on the water. I might even get to see a R of S Navy vessel coming in for retrofitting in the US Navy skunk works (getting modded as it were) which are less than 1 km away in Coronado Bay shipyards.

Toto, your stopping enhancement products should see you in good stead on the PML trackday. Just make sure you bring your neckbrace, cuz your brakes ain't gonna fade on you.

Too bad I'll be in HKG while you're having your fun and games. Gotta carry my wife's bags and all that kind of dutiful husband stuff.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:59 PM
Toto, your stopping enhancement products should see you in good stead on the PML trackday. Just make sure you bring your neckbrace, cuz your brakes ain't gonna fade on you.

[snapback]150984[/snapback]
eh? Toto, you change brakes also ah? good move! Last time out for me, the brakes were the worst part of the car, after about 3-4 laps started fading...a bit scary.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Members

Edlee, Buga,

That was one great lunch! So glad to have met up with you sifu's!

I was telling you that the memory key can even remember your a/c settings.
Just make sure your key is in position 2 (the one where the steering wheel goes down without the engine starting), and adjust your temperature setting, a/c on or off, whether you want automatic circulation or manual circulation, wait about 1-2 seconds and take your key out. You'd realize that the next time you enter your car, it's exactly the way you left it.

Very impressed with Bugaboo's ICE. If you call that "minor" work, I really wonder what major is! Love the M kit you got. Very tempted to add that on. The rims are just so nice! Let me know where you got your ICE done?

Cheers

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans