E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:51 AM
I was at C&C the other day going thru their SLK & SL models.? Thinking of trading in the E46 for one of them.? Do you know that they actually offer the L7 as an option?
[snapback]89918[/snapback]
Hi Edlee, Have you considered the new Boxster S? The reviews have been really good. Porsche have apparently made it an even better driver's car...wow! I think it's priced around 300K which seems reasonable, must be great on the track. I'm seriously considering it, if I can convince my wife to get an MPV especially since we have another kid coming....

eggz
Old 02-14-2005, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

Cool it Stranger...

I am sure EdLee was venting it out on those PML fellows only. Let me share one experience I had many years ago with PML which sold me a lemon that almost killed me. I had it out with the then MD Mr. Lim C S and later wrote to Sime Darby's MD, a Mr Shukor or something and things got moving in the direction I wanted.

Since even the Rock reports to somebody in Sime Darby (I suppose), it might be an avenue worth exploring if PML is giving us the cold shoulder.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

eggz, congratulations, the baby bonus will help to contribute into your Porsche funds

I couldn't agree more with you on the choice of roadster for edlee. The next upgrade from BMW should be upwards rather than laterally. Forget about the mass market brands like Audi, BMW, Jaguar or MB, don't waste time, go straight into the proper sport cars. Although the new Boxter is entirely a new design , I still prefer the front look of the previous Boxter. The signature tear-drop headlight is more Porsche than the new oval headlight with separate foglight module. But again its a new car, we would slowly grow to like the design, just like the Bangled 5.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Hey eggz, a happy belated anniversary!

A member of the forum for one year now! Congrats!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 14 2005, 08:26 PM
Hey eggz, a happy belated anniversary!

A member of the forum for one year now! Congrats!?
[snapback]90234[/snapback]
Wow. Welcoming new members is not enough for you huh?
You will hit 10000 posts very soon. What would the title be then?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Feb 15 2005, 03:18 AM
Wow. Welcoming new members is not enough for you huh?? ? ?
You will hit 10000 posts very soon. What would the title be then?
[snapback]90243[/snapback]

I dunno... Assclown?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tategoi, olivin530i, eggz, zag, dindae520i,

It was great meeting up with you guys on Sunday. Along with you guys was disappointed to have missed edlee and his flying machine and of course the story of the PML saga One of you guys will have to tell me when you find out

olivin530i, special thanks for the photos on this thread. Will have to save them when I get back home.

Well I'm flying back to the UK tomorrow. Hopefully will get to meet up with you guys again on my next visit.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Feb 14 2005, 09:22 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:51 AM']
I was at C&C the other day going thru their SLK & SL models.? Thinking of trading in the E46 for one of them.? Do you know that they actually offer the L7 as an option?
[snapback]89918[/snapback]
Hi Edlee, Have you considered the new Boxster S?

[snapback]89944[/snapback]
[/quote]

Personally i would rather get the 911 rather than the boxter S.. It's much better looking and it's a new model for 2005.. Pricewise i doubt it's a lot of diff..

Just my 2 cents worth..
Old 02-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

Hmm, didn't know I'd get people worked up. For that I say sorry, but my frustration with PML remains. Even the After Sales Director, FRIEND doesn't keep to his words. If an expat director who's big in size but small in character can't keep his word, what more can I expect from them?

Didn't know the Porsche costs only SGD 300K. Now very tempted to take a look at it although I don't really like soft tops. This is the only reason why I aborted my plans for the Z4 earlier on.

People; we have hit a small problem with the decals. Russell thinks the headlights on the E60 might be changed in a couple of years and so suggested that we go just for the E60 Forum wordings. What do you guys think? Can anyone make some time to maybe meet up say this Saturday at his office? Maybe a couple more of us serious enough to sit down and come up with a decision should show up. Any volunteers who'd like to make a difference?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Feb 15 2005, 09:54 PM
People; we have hit a small problem with the decals.? Russell thinks the headlights on the E60 might be changed in a couple of years and so suggested that we go just for the E60 Forum wordings.? What do you guys think?? Can anyone make some time to maybe meet up say this Saturday at his office?? Maybe a couple more of us serious enough to sit down and come up with a decision should show up.? Any volunteers who'd like to make a difference?
[snapback]90362[/snapback]
I think the current E60 headlights will give the decals a 'Bad Boy' look. Kinda sexy. Anyway, I think it's OK if the decals lasted a couple of years. I'm sure they'll need replacement after 2 years. I'm going to be at Russell's place tomorrow. If there are some samples there, I can take a look and make some suggestions to him. Otherwise, let's rendezvous at his place sometime soon to decide. I'm in.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans