E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:21 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='307734' date='Jul 7 2006, 09:15 AM
tcc39,
Thanks for you info. I did not notice the post until you told me. Anyway, yesterday was my first trip there. I would do something to make our Chow ANg Mo happay. "customer always right". Or esle our boss, Fireplace, would never allow us to tocuh those chio bo.

Boss( fireplace), give us a chance, ah? Although we do not receive money in kind for our service, we are doing it on our own free will. Just in the name because of Chio Bo!

As for the map, I had written to lmk and he agreed to let me try first. lmk, is this still correct? Pai sei. I would give some comparision tabel between Nuvi and Agis.
go ahead la....because if not, i will send TCC sd card to china to decode liao.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Chio Bu or Chio Bo? Mmmmmm

Any, back to mods on E60...

Got Ah Bao and Ah Xiang to do part 2 of my "tummy tuck and boob augmentation"... on the E60...

Those of you who managed to hide the iPod Universal Base into the Ashtray... but find it hard / weird to control your iPods via its clickwheel? I got a solution.

The Universal base has a IR sensor at the front... and you can buy the supercool iPod Universal Remote stick to control (similar to the one given by the iPod Hifi boom box). But when the base is lowered into the ashtray... the IR window is completely covered.

I spoke with Prof Lai yday to tinker with the issue. Originally he suggested drilling a little hole at the top of the base... but when we opened the base... the IR port is fixed and only faces the front... so that won't work.

Our next idea was to use fibre optics to create a "line of sight" path from the exterior of the ashtry to the IR port. So I took a cheap Optical Audio cable (find a short one so that you don't need to hide too much into the gear box)... and managed to "extend" the IR sensor to the exterior. Now I can control most of the iPod functions without having to turn the clickwheel... way cool...

Also... DrLoke had the same comment about the iPod accidentally depressing the DTC or DSC button... I simply solve it by putting 2 soft-tacs beside the button... (those soft things u stick at the bottom of appliances to avoid scratching the surface...)..

overall a wonderful experience... my very first mod...
Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='307734' date='Jul 7 2006, 09:15 AM
As for the map, I had written to lmk and he agreed to let me try first. lmk, is this still correct? Pai sei. I would give some comparision tabel between Nuvi and Agis.
Yankee,

LMK is such a gentlemen but I am not sure about the Ms Lai at Fireplace Spa. Dunno gentle or not.
You can called or SMS me (96805406) when and where to pass the map to you. Later part of the afternoon should be o.k for me.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307728' date='Jul 7 2006, 08:34 AM
I too had the $120 Hurricane filter... seems to feel the same way as you... feel less choked.... but didn't get the mileage improvements... when J4C replaced the filter.. I saw the old one and it looks like a dirty (black) piece of cheapo sponge with a cardboard frame... why don't BMW or even any manufacturers for that matter... do the permanent filter way?

BTW, I heard that we need to wash it with detergent every 5000km... I am not sure if I know how to take it out myself... wonder how much J4C charge for that...?
I had very good mileage on my previous 525i when I had both Broquet and Hurricane filters. I didn't know which one contributed to it. This time on my 530i, I'm determined to find out. So I added the goodies one by one. Here were my average results:

Original 530i - 7.7 km/ltr
530i + Broquet Top Fueler - 7.7 km/ltr (no improvement at all)
530i + Broquet + Hurricane - 8.0 km/ltr

The above are trip computer reports for my normal daily driving where traffic is heavy and slow.

Taking out the filter is very easy and I'm sure you can do it yourself.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307762' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:37 AM
I had very good mileage on my previous 525i when I had both Broquet and Hurricane filters. I didn't know which one contributed to it. This time on my 530i, I'm determined to find out. So I added the goodies one by one. Here were my average results:

Original 530i - 7.7 km/ltr
530i + Broquet Top Fueler - 7.7 km/ltr (no improvement at all)
530i + Broquet + Hurricane - 8.0 km/ltr

The above are trip computer reports for my normal daily driving where traffic is heavy and slow.

Taking out the filter is very easy and I'm sure you can do it yourself.
Zig,

Where and how much to add these accessories?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='307763' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:39 AM
Zig,

I bought the Broquet Top Fueler at an exhibition a few years ago at about S$800+. I think its Universal Consultants Pte Ltd. Everyone of my friends, including myself, will feel that initial significant improvement when you first installed it. On your subsequent petrol refills, everything will be back to normal. I suspect new units had some kind of fuel addictives in them to give the car a significant improvement feeling. When these addictives are used up, the improvement could be insignificant or none...

I installed the Hurricane filter at J4Cars at #03-13 Sin Ming Autocare for S$120.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307767' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:52 AM
I bought the Broquet Top Fueler at an exhibition a few years ago at about S$800+. I think its Universal Consultants Pte Ltd. Everyone of my friends, including myself, will feel that initial significant improvement when you first installed it. On your subsequent petrol refills, everything will be back to normal. I suspect new units had some kind of fuel addictives in them to give the car a significant improvement feeling. When these addictives are used up, the improvement could be insignificant or none...

I installed the Hurricane filter at J4Cars at #03-13 Sin Ming Autocare for S$120.
Pardon my ignorance! Must these two items be installed or can they work independently? If so, will the addition of the Hurricane Filter offer any improvements?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='307763' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:39 AM
Zig,

JuzzForCars... Look for Billy (GM) or Amos or SeeToh....
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='307768' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:56 AM
Pardon my ignorance! Must these two items be installed or can they work independently? If so, will the addition of the Hurricane Filter offer any improvements?
They are independent..but forget the Broquet... just go for the filter... call before you go as they may not have ex-stock for E60... You will be shocked at your existing sponge filter... looks like those scary advertisement for anti-smoking campaigns...
Old 07-06-2006, 07:21 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307774' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:13 AM
They are independent..but forget the Broquet... just go for the filter... call before you go as they may not have ex-stock for E60... You will be shocked at your existing sponge filter... looks like those scary advertisement for anti-smoking campaigns...
yeap.. reported same thing like 3000 odd posts ago on this thread.
i have the K&N on... the car felt like it breathes easier back then. Rob makes it roar at high rpm now.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans