E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was away just for a few days and the thread had grown so fast, finally finished reading them.

On the drive up, I have to give the run a miss as I will be travelling to HK this Sunday.

On GPS, 39, you can actually go mark every hole as your waypoints, so whenever you are, you can always check the distance. But GPS accuracy sometimes can be up to +/- 27m, coupled with the fact that each hole is positioned at different location on the putting green every week, so the distance may not be that accurate.

On Mark X, the limiter sets in at 180Km/h, the guy was probably not stepping the brake, but it just can't be pushed further.

After reading so much revire on the N360, I am also quite itchy liao. I almost bought a N350 in Taipei, but its operating system is Chinese, I am not sure if I can have the option to select English as a default language. The price is just less than TWD20,000, about S$950, and comes with Taiwan maps AND external antenna. Is the bluetooth on N360 really that useful?

39, sorry to hear about your car, I hope everything turns out ok. Fireplace, how is PML's workmanship this time?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:03 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

For those going for the NS HWay run... can we plan to set out a little earlier say 6:30 or 7:00 am or so? so we can get back and have the rest of sunday to spend with family.

what is the final roll call? show of hands pls.

how many pair of walkie talkie do have among all of us? i know i dun have one..
Old 06-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by zag' post='295432' date='Jun 10 2006, 11:03 AM
For those going for the NS HWay run... can we plan to set out a little earlier say 6:30 or 7:00 am or so? so we can get back and have the rest of sunday to spend with family.

For you guys going up north, enjoy, have fun, and drive safely. If you need an extra pair of talkies, give me a buzz. I dont need mine till next weekend when I drive up to Nilai with family and friends; durian and golf vacation...
Old 06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by zag' post='295432' date='Jun 10 2006, 11:03 AM

Zag, I have a spare walkie talkie, you can have mine.

Here is a summary of the trip that I've gathered so far:

Run: 11 June 2006 (Sun)
Destination: Melaka Peranakan Lunch or KL Satay Lunch, either one, group vote when meet.

1. Fireplace (proposed 9am)
2. Edlee and son
3. Zig (ok with 7am)
4. Bugaboo
5. 1628 (not too early, may sleep on wheels)
6. Russo
7. Zag (6:30 ~ 7am)
BZSAB
Tategoi

tcc... so sorry to hear about your car. Hope all will be well soon.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='295231' date='Jun 10 2006, 03:00 AM
On GPS, 39, you can actually go mark every hole as your waypoints, so whenever you are, you can always check the distance. But GPS accuracy sometimes can be up to +/- 27m, coupled with the fact that each hole is positioned at different location on the putting green every week, so the distance may not be that accurate.

On Mark X, the limiter sets in at 180Km/h, the guy was probably not stepping the brake, but it just can't be pushed further.

After reading so much revire on the N360, I am also quite itchy liao. I almost bought a N350 in Taipei, but its operating system is Chinese, I am not sure if I can have the option to select English as a default language. The price is just less than TWD20,000, about S$950, and comes with Taiwan maps AND external antenna. Is the bluetooth on N360 really that useful?

39, sorry to hear about your car, I hope everything turns out ok. Fireplace, how is PML's workmanship this time?
Old 06-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='295231' date='Jun 10 2006, 03:00 AM
Was away just for a few days and the thread had grown so fast, finally finished reading them.

On the drive up, I have to give the run a miss as I will be travelling to HK this Sunday.

Don't worry lah. I know both Nuvi and 60CS are not suitable for golf course. Just thinking with this modern technology, soon a simple little gadget may be available for this sport. Anyway, like BZSAB said, even you know the precise distance, so what? You still need to have the skill.

I am equally itchy with the Nuvi. Let's wait and see bro LMK and Coy can successfully get the original map before taking action.

Ed

Didn't remember seeing an Indy Red in Alexandra. Will be having BBQ at my friend's place at Springside next Sat. Most probably, I will walk with 1 or 2 friends over to admire yours M6. So please tell your maid or family if they happen to see a couple of guys loitering around car, please don't call the police, they are all Good guys!!

Fireplace

How's your repair job from PML? Hope you are happy with the work.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Senior Members

Satay Run

Early is better. Fireplace, whats the time to meet at Raffles Marina? Pls let us know.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='294155' date='Jun 8 2006, 10:16 AM
does everybody have a gmail account here? i created a google spreadsheet that can be used as a closed shared contacts list. once shared it should be editable by everyone. so just log in and add your own contacts to the list. You can also edit the spreadsheet to improve it, eg add a "mods list" to list your e60 mods, or add "my other car" column.

this list is only meant to be shared between the people on the list.

i thought this will be a good idea because i always have a hard time remembering/matching the names and nick of the good folks here. and i dun have many of your phone numbers. so if you don't mine sharing, i'll share mine if you'll share yours.

pm or email me at meng.chuaATgmail to try it out. i'll have to share the spreadsheet with ya. you'll need a gmail acct.
Have sent you via my Gmail... my a/c is rslkoh@gmail.com
Old 06-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='294175' date='Jun 8 2006, 10:47 AM
TTS works on my 360..but the singlish not very good ha hah

The TTS on the Nuvi was hopeless when it comes ti short forms of our local streets...

Kg, Lor, Jln, Bt etc.. were all read as "K-G", "B-T" etc... :thumbsdown:

Any chance to mod the voice files so it it would make more sense?
Old 06-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Members

i am ok to go early too .

7 am is ok to meet at marina

is it still on or not

but if i cant get up and you dont see me please proceeed and enjoy.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans