E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:12 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='278255' date='May 5 2006, 10:05 AM
you seow liao la!

i have to say the car runs very quiet, tired it, but i still prefer the E60 ride and handling.
Me too, i assume Zag also.....waiting for a nice ride to be out so that to ease our itch....
i like the look of the CLS and one thing for sure it is less on the road out there... test drove it a couple of months back..it was the CLS350.

this is my personal assessments (tried as i might as i am looking for good alternative to e60..):

the cans...
- looks
- interior, better finish than the e60
- gear shift/kickdown is instance (e60 is a shame on this) but.. see below

the cannots :thumbsdown:
- standard suspension too bouncy - airmatic is only included in the CLS500.. if not must mod to sport aftermarket
- the car felt big to toss around (maybe due to the soft suspension)
- gear shift though quick is rough/ jerks when pushed to red line (not sure if the 5 litre be better)
- signaling stalk is so so so out of date.. you know those mechanical click clock type as opposed to e60's
- the 3.5 litre engine quite rough when pushed

left the show room quite disappointed. sigh!

CLS500 is out... might as well 550 or M5 if want to go all the way.. hehehehe
Old 05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='278289' date='May 5 2006, 01:12 PM
i like the look of the CLS and one thing for sure it is less on the road out there... test drove it a couple of months back..it was the CLS350.

this is my personal assessments (tried as i might as i am looking for good alternative to e60..):

the cans...
- looks
- interior, better finish than the e60
- gear shift/kickdown is instance (e60 is a shame on this) but.. see below

the cannots :thumbsdown:
- standard suspension too bouncy - airmatic is only included in the CLS500.. if not must mod to sport aftermarket
- the car felt big to toss around (maybe due to the soft suspension)
- gear shift though quick is rough/ jerks when pushed to red line (not sure if the 5 litre be better)
- signaling stalk is so so so out of date.. you know those mechanical click clock type as opposed to e60's
- the 3.5 litre engine quite rough when pushed

left the show room quite disappointed. sigh!

CLS500 is out... might as well 550 or M5 if want to go all the way.. hehehehe
i somehow agree with your views.
i am still curious with the twin turbo 535....
Old 05-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='278311' date='May 5 2006, 03:16 PM
i somehow agree with your views.
i am still curious with the twin turbo 535....
Firstly even though BMW is introducing the 335i, nothing has been mentioned about a 535i. Whatever you read in this forum is pure speculation; I think. Furthermore after driving the E60 for at least a couple of years now, don't you think its time for a change? I can understand if its a new model, etc, but if there will be a 535i, then you're basically looking at the same body shape with some minor changes to the panels, etc and thats all. To top it up, after two over years, the E60 is still not a very stable car in terms of problems, etc so you will face the same squeaks, etc all over again.

I may have 3 BMWs now, but I really am seriously thinking about trying some others out. First to go will be the E46 but my son has requested for the 335i, so the first big change will be the E60. Anybody out there looking to buy a 545?
Old 05-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='278337' date='May 5 2006, 05:01 PM
Firstly even though BMW is introducing the 335i, nothing has been mentioned about a 535i. Whatever you read in this forum is pure speculation; I think. Furthermore after driving the E60 for at least a couple of years now, don't you think its time for a change? I can understand if its a new model, etc, but if there will be a 535i, then you're basically looking at the same body shape with some minor changes to the panels, etc and thats all. To top it up, after two over years, the E60 is still not a very stable car in terms of problems, etc so you will face the same squeaks, etc all over again.

I may have 3 BMWs now, but I really am seriously thinking about trying some others out. First to go will be the E46 but my son has requested for the 335i, so the first big change will be the E60. Anybody out there looking to buy a 545?
On print, I am being seduced by the (E92) 335 for its engine and transmission. However I still find the shape a little sedated. I was expecting a more aggressive look. Then again, it may look different in real life. Guess have to wait and see. Body kit is a must judging by the stock look.

I was told the estimated pricing will be in the range of $260-$280k when it hit the shore. Just a speculative guess.

Also, not sure how the E93 cab will look like, and still don't know if the hard folding top is true.

Wonder how much my 525 can market for one year into its life. Probably gonna make me faint. Oh well...
Old 05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

I am thinking of changing my tyres and would favour going away from run-flats. Can't decide between PS2 or the new Dunlop Maxx - both have good reviews on tirerack with the latter now in frist position. care to share your take?
Old 05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='278448' date='May 5 2006, 11:19 PM
I am thinking of changing my tyres and would favour going away from run-flats. Can't decide between PS2 or the new Dunlop Maxx - both have good reviews on tirerack with the latter now in frist position. care to share your take?
I swear never to use Dunlop tires due to a very bad experience. All 4 tires (SP9000 then) went out of shape and formed bumps and the mileage was less than 10k. Caused me tremendous stress as all tires deformed on my drive trip to Ipoh. I sought compensation from the dealer and got money back. I switched to Michelin since and never look back.

But cant speak for the new Dunlop tires but the brand alone gave me very bad impression. I maybe biased.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='278448' date='May 5 2006, 11:19 PM
Don't need to think. Just go for the PS2. So many rave reviews from E60 forumers here; the majority can't be wrong. Tyres are the most important components in your car and you cannot afford to experiment
Old 05-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' post='278448' date='May 5 2006, 10:19 AM
I am on Goodyear F1 GS-D3 from Germany. Size is the standard 16". They are excellent. Quiet (to my surprise) and good grip on both wet and dry. The only draw back I have is the there is a low rumbling noise when I coast to a stop or at low speed. This depends on the road surface as well.

Other than that, they are brilliant. And as a bonus, it is comparatively cheap. You can get an 18" from Germany for about 330 (someone claimed it can be as low as 270). I have heard the agent is stopping the Germany ones and are pushing the Thailand made now.

Take a look here:
http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/tests...gy_f1_gs_ds.pdf
Old 05-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Members

OT OT OT.

i need to apply for an international driving licence where do i go about getting one thks
Old 05-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='278965' date='May 7 2006, 09:15 PM
OT OT OT.
i need to apply for an international driving licence where do i go about getting one thks
AAS AAS AAS

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans