E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307426' date='Jul 6 2006, 06:26 PM
RSLK & TCC39, how do you check your Wing Flaps part number?
Zig,

You missed my earlier post. My is version 3.1.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Members

Guys,

Remember I told you about my partner's E60 with engine oil leak problem. PML give him a loan car and we he returned, he didn't realised that there was some minor scratches near the front bumper. The CSA saw this and told him that they will have to make good and he will have to pay for the repair. Believe me, it's just some minor scratches.

Today, PML Arang called him and say that the repair will cost him 820 bucks!! What do you guys think? Must pay what ever the amount PML say? I think PML is really taking advantage of the situation to make profit.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307438' date='Jul 6 2006, 07:30 PM
Zig,

You missed my earlier post. My is version 3.1.
I mean the part no. of your Wing Flaps hardware. I took a look at my Wing Flaps tonight and I could not find any number of it!

There is no command on my iDrive to enter the special diagnostic mode to see the iDrive firmware no. and Wing Flaps software version. I read somewhere in this Forum earlier that the only way is to ask our CSA during our service at PML. Anyway, I don't really care lah, my Wing Flaps didn't give me any problems and are extremely under utilized in Singapore anyway.

Hey guys, when are we driving to KL for Satay? My Wing Flaps needs some stretching exercise!

Edlee, you may want to exercise your 545i's Flaps this time, yah?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307445' date='Jul 6 2006, 08:23 PM
Guys,

Remember I told you about my partner's E60 with engine oil leak problem. PML give him a loan car and we he returned, he didn't realised that there was some minor scratches near the front bumper. The CSA saw this and told him that they will have to make good and he will have to pay for the repair. Believe me, it's just some minor scratches.

Today, PML Arang called him and say that the repair will cost him 820 bucks!! What do you guys think? Must pay what ever the amount PML say? I think PML is really taking advantage of the situation to make profit.
This is ridiculous! Bumper respray should not cost more than S$300. Your friend should have the right not to pay but to make good with a second source. If I were him, I'll insist to do that or they'll have to sue me in court to get anything out of me.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307464' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, when are we driving to KL for Satay? My Wing Flaps needs some stretching exercise!

Edlee, you may want to exercise your 545i's Flaps this time, yah?
All, just took a driving trip to KL yesterday and back this evening. Traffic from Melaka to KL & back not ideal now with road works on both sides. Can be a little frustrating if you meet a truck on a single lane stretch. Looks like if you want a stretching exercise, forget about going anywhere further than melaka for the time being.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='307476' date='Jul 6 2006, 10:11 PM
All, just took a driving trip to KL yesterday and back this evening. Traffic from Melaka to KL & back not ideal now with road works on both sides. Can be a little frustrating if you meet a truck on a single lane stretch. Looks like if you want a stretching exercise, forget about going anywhere further than melaka for the time being.
Let's go East Coast then? I've never driven along that path and not sure if our wing flaps can reach its potential performance. Have any of you here driven to the East side of Malaysia? Maybe we can have a 1 day seafood trip?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307434' date='Jul 6 2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Leslie,

The rain god was good on us today. From 1 p.m onward, swee swee and liang liang.

I reported the same problem as you in one of the earlier post. PML say warranty don't cover water in fog lights. Mine was exactly like yours. But after a week of hot days or so, it just dissappeared.
is the green soggy? I hate to play when the ground is muddy.

Warranty should not cover if the foglight is built to be fogged up. Ask PML is that a feature of the foglight? Otherwise PML better rectify the problem.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307484' date='Jul 6 2006, 10:26 PM
Let's go East Coast then? I've never driven along that path and not sure if our wing flaps can reach its potential performance. Have any of you here driven to the East side of Malaysia? Maybe we can have a 1 day seafood trip?
Going to the east coast means we are travelling on B-roads, which is not expressways, how to deploy the wing flaps to the fullest? I suggest we go Yong Peng for yong tau foo.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307445' date='Jul 6 2006, 08:23 PM
NO :thumbsdown:
Old 07-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Nutty Professor' post='307370
Heard from Nick that you wanna pay in cash 100%. Cool! What color? Your son likes the white one... but you only go for black cars...?

Let us have the price and specs comparison between the PI and C&C's ok? This would allow the rest of the folks determine if PI and more specifically Vincar, is worth the switch....
Okay. I'll be very frank with everyone here; no hard feelings and pls don't take my thoughts too hard.

I spoke with Nick and asked him for price if COD or with small loan of 50%. His reply was that if COD, then they'd increase the price of the car because the 114800 quoted was inclusive rebate by the bank.... disappointed.

I asked for a 3 door and he did not have one. He claimed that 3 door VW is made in South Africa and that is why they do not bring it in. The 5 door version he has is made in Germany. I had my doubts but kept quiet and tyold him to offer me his best as I would be checking with other PI and C&C. I have not heard from him since.

I went to C&C and they had no showroom car to view and no test drive to offer. They however offered me an R32 which I tested. Very impressive drive. Checked and they have the 5 door and 3 door. The salesperson claimed that the 3 door is made in Germany and the 5 door, South Africa. Wah!!! Complete opposite!!! As mentioned in my earlier posting, I was told about the impending loss of VW agency by C&C.

Called the Country Manager at VW today. He refused to get drawn into a conclusion but told me that if I felt uncomfortable, to wait. He promised to call me with the necessary info as soon as it is finalised.

I also checked regarding the claims by both the PI and C&C regarding the make of the vehicles. As with BMW, all their 3 door versions are made in Germany, and 5 door cars for the EU are European made. Those 5 doors for Asia are made in South Africa. Therefore both C&C and Vincar were telling white lies to their advantage.

The 3 door by C&C is 116400 with in-house loan. This is excluding the bank cash back which can work out to be another 4K. The cost is only 1600 more than the 5 door by Vincar. I am one of those who believe in buying from the dealer if the price difference is too small; i.e. 10K or less. I was also told that the PI cars are not tropicalised, especially if they are made for the EU.

I am in negotiations with Tategoi over buying the car from C&C. This is a sensitive matter which I will not mention further, but should this fail, then I will surely not buy from C&C (and also not from VINCAR) but wait patiently for an official announcement. I am anticipating a very good offer (as hinted by the VW guy) in either cash or kind.

Whatever it is, I WILL BE GETTING A VW GTI for my son. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it will be White against Black interior. We wanted black with red interior but they don't have any other interior colour besides black for all their GTI.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans