E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 630i, H&R Springs, PSS9 coming, H&R ARBs, Sprint Booster, Eisenmann Quad, HAMANN Pedals, M6 Rims/Advan Sports...

hi RSLK bro.. thank you for the explaination.. so this gadget works for the E63 models as well??
So Eddie bro.. can I get from you? sounds like a good thing to have...

Cheers!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Senior Members

Message self-destructed before someone abuses it...
Old 07-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307316' date='Jul 6 2006, 12:04 PM
Guys,

my headlights was misty on both sides today... (yes its a rainy day, but....)...

is this normal or should I go to PML?
I had this before. It lasted 2 days. Contacted Dennis at Kg Arang who said he'd "order a new ass'y" for me. Later on, when I spoke with him again, he said, "its normal". So, I've been living with this since then. Will want to have it checked when my ride reaches 2.5 years old and if there's any sign of water damage within the headlight ass'y, then I'll insist on a change.

BTW, its 99% sealed. I'm going for the GTI as a replacement for my E46. Jr likes it and so do I. Most importantly, its a statement to PML and BMW that I will not take anymore nonsense from them. The 335i coupe was supposed to be the replacement, but what the hell. The idling issues on the 545 and M6 really made me sick and to top it up, two days ago, whilst I was on the way to the Car and Cars showroom, the airbag and seatbelt warnings on the 545 came on simultaeneously. Co-incidentally, the salesperson, Jasmine called me on the phone within 30 seconds of that happening. I took it as a "SIGN". Spoke with her, told her about the problem and signed off with a very long byeeeeee. Don't know if she knew what that meant.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Nutty Professor' post='307352' date='Jul 6 2006, 01:51 PM
hi RSLK bro.. thank you for the explaination.. so this gadget works for the E63 models as well??
So Eddie bro.. can I get from you? sounds like a good thing to have...

Cheers!
Sure, no probs, it works on the M6, but I will have to check the compatibality of your ride. Whats your model; 630, 645 or 650? Cabrio or coupe? But I will need a copy of your IDT cert (to be faxed to the supplier in Germany) before I can sell you a set. These guys are really very particular about who uses them as they work very closely with BMW and do not want to damage the relationship.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 630i, H&R Springs, PSS9 coming, H&R ARBs, Sprint Booster, Eisenmann Quad, HAMANN Pedals, M6 Rims/Advan Sports...

Hi eddie bro.. thank you very much for your kind help.. really appreciate it..
mine is only 630i Coupe..
IDT cert ah.. sorry.. but what is that? pai seh ah..
wow.. so u gonna get the GTi.. nice! I like it.. but i have one VW now.. so, i don't think i can get the 3rd car so easily.. aiyah...
Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='307356' date='Jul 6 2006, 02:05 PM
I had this before. It lasted 2 days. Contacted Dennis at Kg Arang who said he'd "order a new ass'y" for me. Later on, when I spoke with him again, he said, "its normal". So, I've been living with this since then. Will want to have it checked when my ride reaches 2.5 years old and if there's any sign of water damage within the headlight ass'y, then I'll insist on a change.

BTW, its 99% sealed. I'm going for the GTI as a replacement for my E46. Jr likes it and so do I. Most importantly, its a statement to PML and BMW that I will not take anymore nonsense from them. The 335i coupe was supposed to be the replacement, but what the hell. The idling issues on the 545 and M6 really made me sick and to top it up, two days ago, whilst I was on the way to the Car and Cars showroom, the airbag and seatbelt warnings on the 545 came on simultaeneously. Co-incidentally, the salesperson, Jasmine called me on the phone within 30 seconds of that happening. I took it as a "SIGN". Spoke with her, told her about the problem and signed off with a very long byeeeeee. Don't know if she knew what that meant.
Heard from Nick that you wanna pay in cash 100%. Cool! What color? Your son likes the white one... but you only go for black cars...?

Let us have the price and specs comparison between the PI and C&C's ok? This would allow the rest of the folks determine if PI and more specifically Vincar, is worth the switch....
Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='307266' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:11 AM
i am not really testing it but actually to do something more on the chip so that everyone can have it.
but if you want it, go ahead. No prob la.
tcc39,
My Nuvi360 finally arrived this morning. Where and when is the convienent time and place where I meet up with you to collect the Singapore map for testing?

By the way, who is this Chow Ang Mo all about?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Jellyfish1' post='307298' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Hi, for those of you who are using solar film in the car, can I have a a show of hands as to whether anyone is getting glare problems from headlights of cars BEHIND you when you look through the rear view mirror?

I have been using 3M since I collected my e60 in January this year and the rear windscreen is very difficult to look at in the night due to the glare. I understand this is due to the air gaps between the demister wires and the solar film. Kevin at Turf City had replaced the film once using a slightly darker tint but it does not seem to help - according to him, his other e60 clients are not complaining (i.e. I'm fastidious) The front windscreen also has some hazy parts but he is unwilling to change it claiming that it does not affect safety since it is near the top of the windscreen and that he will replace the film FOC in the event that I have to replace my windscreen (duh...)

Anyway, I am thinking of using V-Kool as I don't hear so much complains from drivers of glare. Downside is that it interferes with GPS signal which is an issue for me because I plan to buy a GPS set later.

Given the above, I would like to hear from you guys if you have problem with glare on your rides and if not, which solar film you are using. Also, for those on V-Kool, do you also have GPS units in your car and if there are any problems using it.

Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem on my old E39 with solar film - can't remember the brand.
My current E60 don't have this problem and I'm using V-Kool, GPS and no need to cut a hole at the ERP unit.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307340' date='Jul 6 2006, 12:52 PM
!
Wah lao... working hard to get yourself promoted again? 1st msg a photo, 2nd msg the text, 3rd msg an exclaimation mark!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307395' date='Jul 6 2006, 04:42 PM
Wah lao... working hard to get yourself promoted again? 1st msg a photo, 2nd msg the text, 3rd msg an exclaimation mark!
No lah... I already "Veteran"... no need to do that anymore...

I posted something which BZSAB warned me that I might get into trouble... so had to delete... but the only way to do so is to edit and leave at least 1 character...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans