E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Hi, for those of you who are using solar film in the car, can I have a a show of hands as to whether anyone is getting glare problems from headlights of cars BEHIND you when you look through the rear view mirror?

I have been using 3M since I collected my e60 in January this year and the rear windscreen is very difficult to look at in the night due to the glare. I understand this is due to the air gaps between the demister wires and the solar film. Kevin at Turf City had replaced the film once using a slightly darker tint but it does not seem to help - according to him, his other e60 clients are not complaining (i.e. I'm fastidious) The front windscreen also has some hazy parts but he is unwilling to change it claiming that it does not affect safety since it is near the top of the windscreen and that he will replace the film FOC in the event that I have to replace my windscreen (duh...)

Anyway, I am thinking of using V-Kool as I don't hear so much complains from drivers of glare. Downside is that it interferes with GPS signal which is an issue for me because I plan to buy a GPS set later.

Given the above, I would like to hear from you guys if you have problem with glare on your rides and if not, which solar film you are using. Also, for those on V-Kool, do you also have GPS units in your car and if there are any problems using it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Jellyfish1' post='307298' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Hi, for those of you who are using solar film in the car, can I have a a show of hands as to whether anyone is getting glare problems from headlights of cars BEHIND you when you look through the rear view mirror?

I have been using 3M since I collected my e60 in January this year and the rear windscreen is very difficult to look at in the night due to the glare. I understand this is due to the air gaps between the demister wires and the solar film. Kevin at Turf City had replaced the film once using a slightly darker tint but it does not seem to help - according to him, his other e60 clients are not complaining (i.e. I'm fastidious) The front windscreen also has some hazy parts but he is unwilling to change it claiming that it does not affect safety since it is near the top of the windscreen and that he will replace the film FOC in the event that I have to replace my windscreen (duh...)

Anyway, I am thinking of using V-Kool as I don't hear so much complains from drivers of glare. Downside is that it interferes with GPS signal which is an issue for me because I plan to buy a GPS set later.

Given the above, I would like to hear from you guys if you have problem with glare on your rides and if not, which solar film you are using. Also, for those on V-Kool, do you also have GPS units in your car and if there are any problems using it.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Jellyfish,
I have V-Cool in my ride and dont face the problems you have. As for GPS, I recently got the Nuvi 310 and it is working fine. Accuracy without external antennae is generally at 5 meters; sometimes down to 4 meters.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:15 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jellyfish1' post='307298' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:02 AM

Thanks in advance!
i am using 3M, i do have some glare but not to the extend that you are explaining. Mine if compared to other brands like V cool (my previous ride) i think 3M is better.
Kevin did tell me to press onto the film once the water has run dry after installing. i did that after 2-3 days. the gap has narrow to almost nothing and it did not lose it adhesion from the glass.

kevin is an honest guy, let him try it out and explain to him again. i am sure he can work something out.
If you more help, go direct to 3M.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-06072006782.jpg  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

Guys,

my headlights was misty on both sides today... (yes its a rainy day, but....)...

is this normal or should I go to PML?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 630i, H&R Springs, PSS9 coming, H&R ARBs, Sprint Booster, Eisenmann Quad, HAMANN Pedals, M6 Rims/Advan Sports...

hi all the big bros here.. may i kindly ask what is this Wing Flap thingy? does it improve performance? kindly advise.. thank you...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307316' date='Jul 6 2006, 12:04 PM
Guys,

my headlights was misty on both sides today... (yes its a rainy day, but....)...

I had similar problems when I first got my ride last November. But mine wasnt so bad; no water droplets, only mist. Sent in to PML and they sprayed the headlights with high pressure water spray. Results: PML said misting is normal.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307316' date='Jul 6 2006, 12:04 PM
Guys,

I have similar problem with my fog lights! Too lazy to send in to PML immediately but took a picture of it instead.... Will get them to look into it when I bring my ride in for servicing.
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-fog_lights.jpg  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307297' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:01 AM
yankee,

the figures is really convincing.

BTW, are u still working in the spa? The chow Ang Mo asked me to check leh..hehehe
Chow Ang Mo? What they want?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans