E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 AM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvi360' post='303282' date='Jun 26 2006, 08:21 PM
lotus reference 4"
lotus reference sub woofer 10"
audision lrx 6.9 6 channel
alpine h701
is that ex or wat??
hehe! got you right?
5K...ok la...but on the high side lor.
in my opinion, you should go for the 12" inch sub and 6" mid instead.
this Audision only provide 35 watts rms per channel, under power.
No comments on Alpine, because i did not try it. But i will go for fosgate processor and tune with an RTA.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:40 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='303283' date='Jun 26 2006, 08:21 PM
LMK,

I've think of a way to enjoy good sound from the I.C.E. Just have more frequent GTG and we just have to stay in either yours or Tatekoi's car to listen and enjoy...hehehe. After all, most of us are in the same era and enjoy quite the same type of songs and music. Personally, Don Henley and the Eagles is one of my all time favorites. I've seen the concert in S'pore but couldn't believe it that you have seen them LIVE 3 times.

So I guess you really Take it to the Limit.
For me and Leslie... we don't have good I.C.E, so a we are a little Desperado
... and my bag..Already Gone!!! So every Eagles song tell a story
Like Glen said in the concert, "take it to the limit" is my wife's credit card song.
no prob la, you can bring along your favourite CD to play in my ride lor.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='303324' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:40 PM
Like Glen said in the concert, "take it to the limit" is my wife's credit card song.
no prob la, you can bring along your favourite CD to play in my ride lor.
LMK. Any idea what I can do with my Logic 7? I've been itching to do it up but everytime I approach my trusted installers, they tell me "don't mess with it". It'll really be a waste to rip out the L7 because I ordered it with the car and paid quite some money for it.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='303276' date='Jun 26 2006, 08:02 PM
Dear Bro Leslie,

I'll tell something that make you feel not so bad over the number plate that flew over your ride.
You guys will laugh at what's happening in my last 30+ hours.

1. Remember I told you I have a game at OCC yesterday? The flight time was 1.07p.m. Got ready at 12p.m to go to the course and you know what happen? Couldn't locate my golf bag! Yes, lost. And I have no idea where the Bl..dy bag was. My last game was at OCC on 11 June before sending my car to PML for repair. Remember something like took the bag out of my car and put in my car porch. Now is GONE.

2. Today is the first time I drive my car to office after 2 weeks in PML. Left office at about 2.30p.m for an appointment. Halfway thru TPE, you know what? Noticed a fairly large crack (about 10 inches long) at my windscreen at near ERP sensor. Later drove my car to PML Alexandra and seek Stanley advise. Found one small dot (maybe 1.5mm in dia) that could be the likely impact cause by a foreign object. Will have to send in my car to PML tomorrow for replacement.

At first I didn't want to tell you incident 1 because it is OT. But incident 1 & 2 happen within so short time? Buay Tahan!
There is nothing much that I can do but just laugh it off myself...hahahaha
So, what did happen to your golf bag? Did you find it and how did you go about you game on Sunday? Good that you still have a good sense of humor. But you are not alone, I remember going to the golf club without my golf clubs too
Old 06-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

33, Ah Boa and friends gang raped my ride tonite. All organs are with them now. Regarding second antenna, apparently it cannot be mounted under the front of our ride since it is metallic; interference. So it has to be located at the windscreen. Just make sure it is taped to prevent vibrations. BTW, how the !@#$%^& did you guys change your nick?

I dont know how Ah Boa and gang make money. they spent a good 3.5 hours at my place and only charge $80. These guys are really Gems!

tcc, I think OT = Off Topic

Ah Boa will be reverting to me on possible ICE upgrade. Since I do not have very disserning ears, I will be doing the minimalistic route. Will seek advice when quotation is received. Thus far, I think Ah Boa will be proposing use of 10" sub, 4" Mid, tweeters and amps.

LMK, however much you spend on ICE, it cannot outdo a good pair of Wing Flaps!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:48 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='303326' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:48 PM
LMK. Any idea what I can do with my Logic 7? I've been itching to do it up but everytime I approach my trusted installers, they tell me "don't mess with it". It'll really be a waste to rip out the L7 because I ordered it with the car and paid quite some money for it.
Big Bro Ed, i wish i can recommend you a better solution for Logic 7, like your installers said, don't mess with it. But not all is impossible.
Let's narrow down the reasons.
The Harmon Kardon (Philips) system in the logic 7 is way too under power, something like 30 watts or lower per channel pumping into the speakers.

2 major problems:

1. Under power
2. low quality drivers used (all tweeter, mids and subs)

Logic 7 is like our Pioneer / Yamaha AV amp in our home theatre. It processes the sound into 7 channels and create an ambience which emulate a concert hall, church or disco...etc.

this is a manipulation of time shift and phase. This will allow the sound travel towards the driver side at the same time although the distance from the right channel is closer to the driver than the left channel. Thus the soundstage of good imaging is acheived.

But all this, needs a high power amp and good speakers/subs to drive the sound pressure to minimise distortion and accurately deliver the sound to our ears. If we can take our home AV amp into the car with 200 watts rms to each channel, that will be great but not reality. On top of that, the sub woofer of inferior quality, cannot product enough sound pressure to be felt. All you can hear is like lots of sound coming out but you just cannot feel any punch as a result. Like i explained to our friends yesterday, Bass are to be felt not heard, good sound reproduction even at low level should possess clarity and when we talk during the playback, the music should not be heard like noises, but remained as music to our ears.

therefore, 2 things can be done.

1. line boost the power output. that is to put an amp between the output and the speakers. highly impossible because of the 13 speakers needed.
2. change all the 4 speakers drivers on the 4 doors which act as the main drivers, a better solution, this will definitely improve the sound quality by leaps and bounce. The rest of the ambience drivers remain.
3. couple with option 2. Change the subwoofer and drive it with a high damping factor power amp like class D amp, Fosgate, PPI or even our friend Audison Thesis or V series are good low frequency amp.

with 2 and 3, it is highly possible and cause minimum messing with the original stock setup.

Sound proof all doors and install the subwoofer onto the back with MDF board. This will stiffen the bass and with a good damping factor amp, resonance and vibration will be minimised.

Remove the line to the orignal sub, connect to the sub woofer amp.

Tune the setup with RTA.

Hope this can give you a solution.

Because the other solution will be to remove the few K's you have spent on the system and replace with a total different system.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='303345' date='Jun 26 2006, 11:31 PM
33, Ah Boa and friends gang raped my ride tonite. All organs are with them now. Regarding second antenna, apparently it cannot be mounted under the front of our ride since it is metallic; interference. So it has to be located at the windscreen. Just make sure it is taped to prevent vibrations. BTW, how the !@#$%^& did you guys change your nick?

I dont know how Ah Boa and gang make money. they spent a good 3.5 hours at my place and only charge $80. These guys are really Gems!

tcc, I think OT = Off Topic

Ah Boa will be reverting to me on possible ICE upgrade. Since I do not have very disserning ears, I will be doing the minimalistic route. Will seek advice when quotation is received. Thus far, I think Ah Boa will be proposing use of 10" sub, 4" Mid, tweeters and amps.

LMK, however much you spend on ICE, it cannot outdo a good pair of Wing Flaps!
BZSAB,

read my the other recommendations.
12" is minimum, 6" mid is recommended.

for car, go for power power power! Be it engine or power amp, just go for power money can buy.

If you import yourself, you may save quite a bit and yet some good quality stuff.
Like me, basic. subwoofer, mid and tweeters. and a good amp. Also, i will recommend only the front doors will be adequate.
It will not cost you more than 3K for a decent setup.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='303338' date='Jun 26 2006, 11:16 PM
So, what did happen to your golf bag? Did you find it and how did you go about you game on Sunday? Good that you still have a good sense of humor. But you are not alone, I remember going to the golf club without my golf clubs too
Confirmed gone. I have to rent a set of clubs from the pro shop.

I am quite sure I did bring my bag back home on 11 June 06. What did anyone take my bag I don't know. It's not a Honma 5 stars or anything like that. Just that you are quite used to some of your clubs as you should know.
Anyway, I guess it's time to look for a new set.

OT= off topic (thanks for the correction)
Old 06-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='303126' date='Jun 26 2006, 11:36 AM
great to see the circle has grown.. back then there were only a few of us. believe it or not the first e60 forumer from sg i met was totoseow.

yah hor... Fireplace.. i am depressed! no more mod for the car ...need to mod myself ...SK-II where are you? or what is the trick?

nuvi360, audiophile is another disease. there are speakers out there cost S$150K by Kharma or Wilson Audio and amps that costs S$60K and more as well. never mind that... speaker cable and interconnect that cost $10K to $30K for a 3 meter pair. bottomline to these guys is a piano has to sound like piano when played back.. one can spend a fortune chasing that and the so called goose bumps effect.

how many bro here actually into this? i am still a two channel purist.
Haha. no mod get depressed??? How can? I am sure there is always something to do for the car...Here's something for you to think about. Buy the most luxurious SK-II moisturizer and moisturize your leather seats...afterall, leather is also skin what. Haha.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='303321' date='Jun 26 2006, 09:37 AM
hehe! got you right?
5K...ok la...but on the high side lor.
in my opinion, you should go for the 12" inch sub and 6" mid instead.
this Audision only provide 35 watts rms per channel, under power.
No comments on Alpine, because i did not try it. But i will go for fosgate processor and tune with an RTA.

ok what amp can i get to drive to subwoofer ie another on top of my current audison and thats bang for bucks.

ah meng now is pushing me to change to 6" and throw the 4 " to the rear seats.he suggested i get another amp to power the sub.
what is your view of a boxed sub woofer compared to say free air.do i need one or 2 subs?
actually want a sub to produce punchy bass but right now its like a dull bass.

what is RTA.

wah laio i see i can end up spending and drain like a tap.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans