E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307464' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:45 PM
My Wing Flaps needs some stretching exercise!

Edlee, you may want to exercise your 545i's Flaps this time, yah?
Why not? I know what you're thinking, but I'm quite sure you'll still not be able to catch up.

Anyway, the N-S trips are getting a little too predictable; long, straight and boring. I'm not being funny but trips like this can sometimes be more dangerous than the unknown because drivers tend to feel drowsy especially in the afternoon. How about a night drive? Set off at midnight?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='307520' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:51 PM
Why not? I know what you're thinking, but I'm quite sure you'll still not be able to catch up.

Anyway, the N-S trips are getting a little too predictable; long, straight and boring. I'm not being funny but trips like this can sometimes be more dangerous than the unknown because drivers tend to feel drowsy especially in the afternoon. How about a night drive? Set off at midnight?
You will have an advantage on long straight roads with your latest Wing Flaps. I'm still using version 2, not a fair comparison. That's why must choose routes with lots of twists and turns.

Set off at midnight? We'll reach KL at 2am!! Are we heading to a 24hr satay store?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307445' date='Jul 6 2006, 08:23 PM
Guys,

Remember I told you about my partner's E60 with engine oil leak problem. PML give him a loan car and we he returned, he didn't realised that there was some minor scratches near the front bumper. The CSA saw this and told him that they will have to make good and he will have to pay for the repair. Believe me, it's just some minor scratches.

Today, PML Arang called him and say that the repair will cost him 820 bucks!! What do you guys think? Must pay what ever the amount PML say? I think PML is really taking advantage of the situation to make profit.

This is ridiculous. a loan car should be covered under insurance. If pml provided the car to you without proper insurance, then it is their problem. What if I had an accident while driving the loan car? Do I have to make good?

I would simply refuse to pay. I never got a loan car from pml. Do you have to sign anything when you take over the car?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='307520' date='Jul 6 2006, 11:51 PM

Please don't, I'll have a hard time cleaning up after you plough a battalion of bugs. Futhermore, not everyone has chee hong head lamps.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='307544' date='Jul 7 2006, 01:00 AM
This is ridiculous. a loan car should be covered under insurance. If pml provided the car to you without proper insurance, then it is their problem. What if I had an accident while driving the loan car? Do I have to make good?

I would simply refuse to pay. I never got a loan car from pml. Do you have to sign anything when you take over the car?
I believe PML does has insurance for the cars. Either AIG or Aviva. Just like normal insurances, they won't use it for some scratches or dents caused by the customers who loaned the cars from them unless it involves another car or lamp post.

It is also to prevent owners who are driving the car old how as well. As ultimately, these loan cars will be sold off as second hand in the future and they would need to do up the car before that. If every loan car looks like it just came back from an afgan war, won't they need to re-spray the whole car? Just a thought...
Old 07-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='307503' date='Jul 6 2006, 10:59 PM
NO :thumbsdown:
Wah, this is a very strong response man!

Bugaboo,

Off course, PML asked him to sign something we he told the loan car. As usual, you would expect a lot of those fine print which normally ppl don't read them.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

3-door made in Germany, 5-door in South Africa. This is a known fact, unless Vincar has his own workshop to convert left hand drive 5-door to right hand drive ones.

Vincar's comes with almost full specs, incl. 18" and original PDC, but unfortunately it does not come with leather.

Aftersales wise, I heard they are as good as C&C, if not better.

As for C&C losing VM dealership, yes, market think this is confirmed 2 years ago. But nobody knows when.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='307429' date='Jul 6 2006, 06:55 PM
BTW, I replaced my OEM air-filter with one from Hurricane. My engine growls at a lower tone now and seems to be much more responsive across all RPMs! I'm getting 8 to 9km/ltr now on my trip computer. Something could be wrong. I'm reseting it and measure again over the next few days....

I too had the $120 Hurricane filter... seems to feel the same way as you... feel less choked.... but didn't get the mileage improvements... when J4C replaced the filter.. I saw the old one and it looks like a dirty (black) piece of cheapo sponge with a cardboard frame... why don't BMW or even any manufacturers for that matter... do the permanent filter way?

BTW, I heard that we need to wash it with detergent every 5000km... I am not sure if I know how to take it out myself... wonder how much J4C charge for that...?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:40 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307445' date='Jul 6 2006, 08:23 PM
Guys,

Remember I told you about my partner's E60 with engine oil leak problem. PML give him a loan car and we he returned, he didn't realised that there was some minor scratches near the front bumper. The CSA saw this and told him that they will have to make good and he will have to pay for the repair. Believe me, it's just some minor scratches.

Today, PML Arang called him and say that the repair will cost him 820 bucks!! What do you guys think? Must pay what ever the amount PML say? I think PML is really taking advantage of the situation to make profit.
I think this is a load of BS.. when i get loaner cars they are scratched out as well from previous loaners and typically i believe PML insurance covers it. Tell your friend to stick it out!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307436' date='Jul 6 2006, 07:25 PM
Yankee,

I promised to lend the Garmin map to LMK yesterday. So how now?

Maybe I'll pass it to him first and he can try it out for a few days before passing it to you?? Anyway, I won't be around the whole of next week, so you can liase with LMK. Will that be o.k, my friend?

You mean you don't know about the Chow Ang Mo?? You almost have an Ang Mo customer but luckily or unluckily, Leslie save you. Kindly check the post below

http://bugabooinc.com/forum/index.php?topic=48.195
tcc39,
Thanks for you info. I did not notice the post until you told me. Anyway, yesterday was my first trip there. I would do something to make our Chow ANg Mo happay. "customer always right". Or esle our boss, Fireplace, would never allow us to tocuh those chio bo.

Boss( fireplace), give us a chance, ah? Although we do not receive money in kind for our service, we are doing it on our own free will. Just in the name because of Chio Bo!

As for the map, I had written to lmk and he agreed to let me try first. lmk, is this still correct? Pai sei. I would give some comparision tabel between Nuvi and Agis.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans