E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Zig
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307774' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:13 AM
They are independent..but forget the Broquet... just go for the filter... call before you go as they may not have ex-stock for E60... You will be shocked at your existing sponge filter... looks like those scary advertisement for anti-smoking campaigns...
Yup, strongly agree. Broquet is confirmed useless on our cars lah. You can opt for K&N or Hurricane filters. The former needs an additional step of oiling after cleaning. If you buy the K&N filter from its agent, Mcwell in Ubi, they'll offer free cleaning and oiling for you at their shop. Otherwise, you'll need to buy your own oiling kit.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='307437' date='Jul 6 2006, 07:28 PM
Jellyfish1,

I am using Rikecool and my Garmin GPS works properly without any problem. There is no cutting on the ERP holder and I find that it really reduce the heat.

You can consider V-Kool and check out their price but if you want an alternative like Rikecool, please let me know and you will get very good price.
Thanks tcc39, will keep that in mind.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='307751' date='Jul 7 2006, 09:58 AM
Chio Bu or Chio Bo? Mmmmmm

Any, back to mods on E60...

Got Ah Bao and Ah Xiang to do part 2 of my "tummy tuck and boob augmentation"... on the E60...

Those of you who managed to hide the iPod Universal Base into the Ashtray... but find it hard / weird to control your iPods via its clickwheel? I got a solution.

The Universal base has a IR sensor at the front... and you can buy the supercool iPod Universal Remote stick to control (similar to the one given by the iPod Hifi boom box). But when the base is lowered into the ashtray... the IR window is completely covered.

I spoke with Prof Lai yday to tinker with the issue. Originally he suggested drilling a little hole at the top of the base... but when we opened the base... the IR port is fixed and only faces the front... so that won't work.

Our next idea was to use fibre optics to create a "line of sight" path from the exterior of the ashtry to the IR port. So I took a cheap Optical Audio cable (find a short one so that you don't need to hide too much into the gear box)... and managed to "extend" the IR sensor to the exterior. Now I can control most of the iPod functions without having to turn the clickwheel... way cool...

Also... DrLoke had the same comment about the iPod accidentally depressing the DTC or DSC button... I simply solve it by putting 2 soft-tacs beside the button... (those soft things u stick at the bottom of appliances to avoid scratching the surface...)..

overall a wonderful experience... my very first mod...

well done bro. picture pictures. i put in bugabooinc.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 630i, H&R Springs, PSS9 coming, H&R ARBs, Sprint Booster, Eisenmann Quad, HAMANN Pedals, M6 Rims/Advan Sports...

hi Eddie bro.. thank you for the help! But I no have IDT le.. still can get the Flaps? Yes, mine is the new engine.. don't really have a lot to play with.. boring..
For the Hurricane filters, yeah.. they are not bad for the price, and plus, no need to do oiling.. so less messy.. I like it! Def a highly recommended mod...

hopefully more things will come out for the 630i engine... aiyah....
Old 07-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='307727
hi Eddie bro.. thank you for the help! But I no have IDT le.. still can get the Flaps? Yes, mine is the new engine.. don't really have a lot to play with.. boring..
For the Hurricane filters, yeah.. they are not bad for the price, and plus, no need to do oiling.. so less messy.. I like it! Def a highly recommended mod...

hopefully more things will come out for the 630i engine... aiyah....
As with remaps, etc, the wonder wing flaps are not tailored for the new engine yet; sorry. Also, as I mentioned previously, IDT cert is a must.

Do you own an E60 or have any intention to buy one soon? Maybe you can buy from one of our brothers with the wing flaps.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='307860' date='Jul 7 2006, 04:30 PM
Do you own an E60 or have any intention to buy one soon? Maybe you can buy from one of our brothers with the wing flaps.
Nutty,

Thinkin go letting go my flaps. What's the color of your car. Maybe I can sell you cheap cheap.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='307860' date='Jul 7 2006, 04:30 PM
Went to showroom again today as I was told a showcar had arrived. Noticed something; their car had grills at the lower portion of the bumper. Upon inspection, saw the intercooler. The one at Vincar did not have any grill; just some honeycomb design. Maybe thats the difference in tropicalisation. Also, the PI car had a mph meter which is meant for the UK whilst the one at C&C has the Km/h.
Forgot to mention, PI car does not come with that extension flap (equivalent to BMW's wing flap?), which had an opening that cools and complements the dual clutch DSG gear box in VW. Thats why what you see is just a plastic cover at Vincar. Previously some cars at C&C also did not come with the flaps, and C&C is under obligation to install them for free. Without the VW extension flaps do you think GTI can hit 0-100 in 6.9s? I have a friend who upgraded to an after-market extension flap that does the 0-100 in 6.2s. Unfortunately for BMW, we need to have an IDT certification before the wing flap can be retrofit into our E60s. If the policy is so inflexible, I am sure many will flock to VW which had the flap as a standard.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Will anyone of you be keen to drive up to Penang for Durians, Penang Laksa and Bak Kut Teh?

Durians at Balik Pulau plantation

Itinerary
4am: Driving up on Sat morning
11am: Check-in early to Penang hotel
1pm: Durian feast at Balik Pulau Durian plantation
.... free & easy rest of the day .....
Next day...
10am: Brunch
11am: Leave for Singapore
6pm: eta Singapore
Old 07-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='307866' date='Jul 7 2006, 04:57 PM
Forgot to mention, PI car does not come with that extension flap (equivalent to BMW's wing flap?), which had an opening that cools and complements the dual clutch DSG gear box in VW. Thats why what you see is just a plastic cover at Vincar. Previously some cars at C&C also did not come with the flaps, and C&C is under obligation to install them for free. Without the VW extension flaps do you think GTI can hit 0-100 in 6.9s? I have a friend who upgraded to an after-market extension flap that does the 0-100 in 6.2s. Unfortunately for BMW, we need to have an IDT certification before the wing flap can be retrofit into our E60s. If the policy is so inflexible, I am sure many will flock to VW which had the flap as a standard.
Can you ask your friend who has the IDT cert to buy the wing flaps? You can claim that you are hiring your friend as your personal driver and he will be driving this where you want the flaps to be installed.

Just trying to help...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='307544' date='Jul 6 2006, 12:00 PM
This is ridiculous. a loan car should be covered under insurance. If pml provided the car to you without proper insurance, then it is their problem. What if I had an accident while driving the loan car? Do I have to make good?

I would simply refuse to pay. I never got a loan car from pml. Do you have to sign anything when you take over the car?
wahlau - my dad-in-law scratched the rims of a merc loaner & they said "nevermind" - with a smile

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans