E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Zig
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='306937' date='Jul 5 2006, 10:54 AM
No picture of the actual device leh.... wanna know if it looks cool and fit into our "not supposed to use for charging" cigarette lighter charger socket...

How much does it cost?
This is not a device, its a chemical treatment process that kills germs in your car. The chemicals remain active for some years. I heard its in the region of a thousand dollars some time ago.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:11 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='306904' date='Jul 5 2006, 08:07 AM
Hi Bengster, welcome to our little community. Regarding your intention to add bluetooth, have you considered getting a GPS? Some of the bros here recently purchased Nuvi GPS system with bluetooth feature for approximately $1K (check previous threads). With this, you have the best of both worlds (i.e. GPS and Bluetooth). Something to ponder on! In anycase, happy shopping!
Welcome bengster! if you are considering new 530i just bear in mind there will be facelift pretty soon and probably a 535i bi-turbo come 2007. When this one is available the current model will depreciate alot.

Since you are customising the ride from factory you should do that rigth up front and save you a lot of labor/installation charge.. some of them are not retrofitable locally also.

the must haves are:
- Dynamic drive and sport suspension package
- Sun roof
- M-sport steering wheel (get this if you want to save airbag cost)
- go for 19" rim OEM if not get the cheapest 16" on it and replace them with your dream rims
- comfort access pacakge
- M-kit all round (this can be retrofit- if it is cheaper from factory do it then)

The above will set you back another $25K on top of the standard package price.

All 530i now is equipped with SAT-NAV as standard option i think
Old 07-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='306940' date='Jul 5 2006, 11:03 AM
This is not a device, its a chemical treatment process that kills germs in your car. The chemicals remain active for some years. I heard its in the region of a thousand dollars some time ago.
I think they have both device and treatment.
http://www.nanoaq.com/content.php?item=iogenic

This sales guy keep recommending me this product. I heard the device is $150.

Shall find out more.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:16 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='306914' date='Jul 5 2006, 09:11 AM
Meng... you drive a LHD E60 in Singapore???
Euro Auto Service
10 AMK Autopoint #02-13 AMK Ind Park 2A Contact: 64810228
Ah Leng is good for all the standard BMW retrofit work and he charges very fairly.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='306919' date='Jul 5 2006, 09:52 AM
Guys, back to Nuvi... I got my second Nuvi last night...this time I ordered a 310 thinking that one set of Europe map is sufficient and I want it more as a MalSingMap device and the cool Bluetooth...

But I was WRONG. Nuvi 310 does not have TTS. I tot everyone insisted the two Nuvis are exactly the same??

I even copied all the TTS voice files (e.g. the Australian accent ones) to 310 from 360... but it didn't work as it simply does not recognise these files even after multiple resets.... strange....

Would updating the 310 with the 360's v2.40 firmware be able to "trick" it?

Prof lmk?

BZSAB (The man with 15 birdies and counting)... your 310 has TTS? No?
Don't have TTS! In any case, TTS wont work for our part of the globe unless there is a Singlish Voice file.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='306941' date='Jul 5 2006, 11:11 AM
Welcome bengster! if you are considering new 530i just bear in mind there will be facelift pretty soon and probably a 535i bi-turbo come 2007. When this one is available the current model will depreciate alot.

Since you are customising the ride from factory you should do that rigth up front and save you a lot of labor/installation charge.. some of them are not retrofitable locally also.

the must haves are:
- Sun roof
- go for 19" rim OEM if not get the cheapest 16" on it and replace them with your dream rims
- comfort access pacakge
- M-kit all round (this can be retrofit- if it is cheaper from factory do it then)

Hi bengster,

I am not an expert like many bros here but would like to give one advise.

Try not to buy a BMW that are produced between now to 5 Aug 06. Germany just lost to Italy in the World Cup semi and the quality of worksmanship cannot be assured for the next 30 days...hahaha

BTW, welcome to the forum!!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:33 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='306941' date='Jul 5 2006, 11:11 AM

the must haves are:
- Sun roof
- comfort access pacakge

I agree.....May i add.....
I think it is good to have sat nav with HUD.
Forget about logic 7 and retrofit them with better system after receiving ride.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='306815
I agree.....May i add.....
I think it is good to have sat nav with HUD.
Forget about logic 7 and retrofit them with better system after receiving ride.
No Logic 7 please. Also, regarding rims, forget the BMW rims. They are really heavy. Stamford Tyres sells the Ray - Volks Racing meant for the E60 @ SGD 1400.00 less 10 - 15% ea and they weigh only 9.5Kg per pce. That will be money well spent.

Okay. I went to Car n Cars again yesterday in the hope of booking a GTI. This lady, Alicia served me. Guess what? They do not have a test drive GTI and neither do they have a showroom car although she said they had plenty in the "Free Trade Zone". Why, I wondered. She let me have a go at the R32 which, I must say is a hellofa drive. The DZG gearbox is fantastic; changes so quickly without the fussiness and clunking noises of the SMG 3. Its really a great package for a car, but I was not after the R32. I wanted the GTI. Later we sat down for price discussion, etc. They are so KIAM SIAP. Not even ONE CENT discount in cash or kind. So I said goodbye to her and there went her commission.

I called my friend who is quite a BIG player in their industry and who knows their management and brand intimately. He told me to put off buying the car; at least for the next 2 months because something drastic is about to happen. Yes, you heard it from me first!!! I think they're gonna lose their agency and VW may eventually take over all marketing and servicing, etc. Now I understand why they had nothing to show except for some normal POLO and an R32. So, to whoever out there who wants to get a VW, be it a Beetle, Golf or POLO or the others, be warned!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='306964' date='Jul 5 2006, 01:00 PM
I was at the installer the other day stripping the E46's amp. Was told that the F1 replaces the 701? Heard the reviews are very good.
F1 is not a replacement for 701, it is more than 701. The F1 consists of a head unit plus processor, while 701 is just a lower grade processor. This is the ultimate audio machine IMHO.

LMK, the set-up is not all F1, just the head unit and processor. The rest are Lotus speakers and Truthxxx or xxxTruth amps.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='306967' date='Jul 5 2006, 01:14 PM
F1 is not a replacement for 701, it is more than 701. The F1 consists of a head unit plus processor, while 701 is just a lower grade processor. This is the ultimate audio machine IMHO.

LMK, the set-up is not all F1, just the head unit and processor. The rest are Lotus speakers and Truthxxx or xxxTruth amps.
oooooooooh!....i want it! i want it! can i choose my own amp please!!!!!!
i would throw away the head unit in my ride and reserve the space for F1!
i will be happy to go Luxman amp, CV subs, and MB quart components to match with ADS components.

shall we group buy F1? who game?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans