E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:00 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='318817' date='Aug 4 2006, 01:06 PM
Nonsense lah. Collected the car yesterday. Did not check as I was in a rush; left that to Jr. He drove it to SIM after that and parked at the basement carpark.

When I got home in the evening, he was already washing the car. A few minutes later, he complained about a small dent in the roof. I got out to see and OH MY GOD!!! The left side of the roof behing the driver had two big dents followed by three knuckle knocks. Upon further inspection, the left side of the roof also had some dents. Immediately called Ah Long who told me Lye may be able to assist. Called Nick who met me at Lorong Ah Soo Esso stn to take a look. He insisted he had checked the car prior to delivery and I don't doubt him. He called his boss who agreed to pay for the repairs.

I personally feel that it may be a job by some jealous people at the SIM because thats the only place he drove it to. I don't think Vincar would deliver a car like that. We'll be meeting Lye in the evening to let him access the damage and hopefully he can get it fixed.

So the advert is BS!!!
sounds like my 7er when i first drove back to CCK HDB car park.
The car was inspected by my driver and the salesperson prior to signing.
parked in CCK for about 3 hours and drive back.
scratches on the left door and 3 knuckle dents on the first day!

Call the sales rep and he paid for the repair in PML as goodwill.

It is normal to have some sick people out there....this shows that we are blessed and normal.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='318817' date='Aug 4 2006, 01:06 PM
Nonsense lah. Collected the car yesterday. Did not check as I was in a rush; left that to Jr. He drove it to SIM after that and parked at the basement carpark.

When I got home in the evening, he was already washing the car. A few minutes later, he complained about a small dent in the roof. I got out to see and OH MY GOD!!! The left side of the roof behing the driver had two big dents followed by three knuckle knocks. Upon further inspection, the left side of the roof also had some dents. Immediately called Ah Long who told me Lye may be able to assist. Called Nick who met me at Lorong Ah Soo Esso stn to take a look. He insisted he had checked the car prior to delivery and I don't doubt him. He called his boss who agreed to pay for the repairs.

I personally feel that it may be a job by some jealous people at the SIM because thats the only place he drove it to. I don't think Vincar would deliver a car like that. We'll be meeting Lye in the evening to let him access the damage and hopefully he can get it fixed.

So the advert is BS!!!
Sad to hear this. Is SIM you referring to is Spore Institute of managment? If he know where he park, go back and see if there is any CCTV near-by. If there is , go to the guard or building officer and ask to look at the tape for that duration when your Jr parked. It may bear some result. You might need to make a police report before they allow you to view the tape. Get the S.O.B. who did it.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:47 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='318836' date='Aug 4 2006, 02:41 PM
Sad to hear this. Is SIM you referring to is Spore Institute of managment? If he know where he park, go back and see if there is any CCTV near-by. If there is , go to the guard or building officer and ask to look at the tape for that duration when your Jr parked. It may bear some result. You might need to make a police report before they allow you to view the tape. Get the S.O.B. who did it.
good point Yankee!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Senior Members

Same thing happened to me too... sent my SLK to MBM Wheelpower for 1st oil change... that place has 17 CCTV... after they have done it and washed the car, it was parked near the ramp of the multistorey Sin Ming Autocentre...

Then good ol' Nick spoked a dent on the driver side door. He immediately called Kelvin, MBM's boss to see. they went thru the CCTV and found no problems and suspected some sick person did it on his way down the ramp, possibly attempted to stop "very" near to the car, deliberately opened the door with a *bang*... and the dent was created.

But Nick (who first spotted this), offered to fixed it for me FOC... and it was done at my home the next day...

Morale of the story.... alot of sickos out there who cannot stand a new car...and possibly cannot afford one...

But Nick and the whole Vincar/MBM experience was wonderful... they continue to exceed my expectations... PML and C&C should do more than just building new show rooms and dressing their sales in 3 piece suits...

I saw a forum thread in the benzworld/R171 where an unfortunate soul in the USA, had his 3 weeks old SLK stripped of all 4 AMG wheels and a badly damaged bumper... his car was rested on bricks... his title for the thread was something like "What's the matter with you people !#@$#%#$^#"...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-c...eve-what-4.html

Maybe we should seriously consider fitting the rim locks....
Old 08-03-2006, 11:43 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='318850' date='Aug 4 2006, 03:27 PM
Same thing happened to me too... sent my SLK to MBM Wheelpower for 1st oil change... that place has 17 CCTV... after they have done it and washed the car, it was parked near the ramp of the multistorey Sin Ming Autocentre...

Then good ol' Nick spoked a dent on the driver side door. He immediately called Kelvin, MBM's boss to see. they went thru the CCTV and found no problems and suspected some sick person did it on his way down the ramp, possible stop "very" near to the car, opened the door and *bang*... the dent was created.

But Nick (who first spotted this), offered to fixed it for me FOC... and it was done at my home the next day...

Morale of the story.... alot of sickos out there who cannot stand a new car...and possibly cannot afford one...

But Nick and the whole Vincar/MBM experience was wonderful... they continue to exceed my expectations... PML and C&C should do more than just building new show rooms and dressing their sales in 3 piece suits...

I saw a forum thread in the benzworld/R171 where an unfortunate soul in the USA, had his 3 weeks old SLK stripped of all 4 AMG wheels and a badly damaged bumper... his car was rested on bricks... his title for the thread was something like "What's the matter with you people !#@$#%#$^#"...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-c...eve-what-4.html

Maybe we should seriously consider fitting the rim locks....
might as well install survillance cam in the car...
Old 08-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

sad. there's some angry jealous people out there. fortunately i havent encounter anything so far.

hey.. i didnt realise i am a veteran member already. kewl.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:18 AM
Members

One Christmas about 7 years ago, I parked my car at a friend's place for Christmas visit. Came down two hours later and had two scratches (one VERY deep) on the front door and the other, not so deep on the rear door on the driver's side. On top of this, there were two black streaks.... suspected cause are the sides of a pair of rubber shoes.... the c*nt kicked the car, on top of scratching it.... that was not a good Christmas for the car.... and me.....
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Members

Nice meeting you guys at the wine and whine session..... hahaha.....

See you guys at the next gathering.......
Old 08-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

We should do this again sometime soon; maybe on a monthly basis. It was good that finally we had a female show up; more would definitely be more welcomed
Old 08-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='318995' date='Aug 4 2006, 01:51 PM
We should do this again sometime soon; maybe on a monthly basis. It was good that finally we had a female show up; more would definitely be more welcomed
I know a place we can try.... near Shenton Way..... they generally serve coffee/tea kinda place but some form of arrangement can be made...... Also, parking aplenty.......

See you guys soon.......

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans