E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:58 PM

After reading the postings in this forum, E60 seems to be quite a problematic car. Am thinking of getting an E60... Am impressed with the car and handling but just cannot imagine paying good money and end up with all these problems.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guest, My E60 520i is the first batch, Oct 2003 production. Apart from some minor door squeaks which is bearable, my car has no other problem so far (touch wood) having clocked 11,000 km over 1 year and 2 months. It really depends on your luck.

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 28 2005, 03:58 AM
After reading the postings in this forum, E60 seems to be quite a problematic car. Am thinking of getting an E60...? Am impressed with the car and handling but just cannot imagine paying good money and end up with all these problems.
[snapback]84034[/snapback]
Old 01-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King Kong_*' date='Jan 28 2005, 05:37 PM
Guest, My E60 520i is the first batch, Oct 2003 production. Apart from some minor door squeaks which is bearable, my car has no other problem so far? (touch wood) having clocked 11,000 km over 1 year and 2 months. It really depends on your luck.

[quote name='Guest' date='Jan 28 2005, 03:58 AM']After reading the postings in this forum, E60 seems to be quite a problematic car. Am thinking of getting an E60...? Am impressed with the car and handling but just cannot imagine paying good money and end up with all these problems.
[snapback]84034[/snapback]
[snapback]84042[/snapback]
[/quote]

Agreed. All depends on luck. Monday production car or friday production car. IMHO, all make and models have their own individual problems. Noise, software issues, components failure, you name it.

However even though BMWs have their own unique problems, people still go back and buy a BMW. Status, safety, ride, corner handling, effective braking, power. Its no doubt it is still one of the best handling cars to date. With looks. And can pick up gals anytime.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:15 AM

I've no doubt abt the handling, prestige and all other BMW factors, else I won't be look at the E60, rite

Its just the minor little probs like seat belts, squeaks, window/door prob, car moving backwars on slope that'll take away the fun of owning a BMW, be it 520, 530 or 545.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Well, I for one, an SO HAPPY with my E60. It's just PML that needs working. But you are lucky if you know which CSA to go to. There are a couple that do a very good job in making sure that you leave PML's workshop satisfied.

Anyway, had my first job done at Carman this afternoon. One of the best decisions I've made for my Saphhire Black E60. These guys are pros. You definitely notice more people looking at your car at stops.

I saw someone driving a '6969' plate DEBADGED E60 this evening on Yio Chu Kang. It was a very sexy looking car with beautiful rims. Anyone here driving this baby?
Old 01-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

Hi Guest. After all that is said and done, the E60 that I am driving is still a wonderful car. However, I am 100% displeased with the service that Performance Motors is providing.

My next car, if its still a BMW, will be bought from a parallel importer. I will pay something like SGD 20000.00 less (depending on model). To me its not the discount that matters. What really matters is the fact that there are plenty of other workshops out there that have the necessary equipment and know how to maintain your car. You can send your car to them should you have problems and they will welcome you with open arms. I will use the SGD 20000.00 savings on workshops.

I have had very bad experiences with PML. You send your car in with one complaint and they return it to you with additional problems. They deny any responsibility for this but will still take your car in due to the warranty obligations. You, as a consumer, are supposed to be so grateful that you should go down on your knees and kowtow to them. ANYBODY FROM PML READING THIS CAN CHALLENGE ME. TAKE ME TO COURT IF I AM NOT SPEAKING THE TRUTH!!!

So, there you go. Stay away from this brand till the service improves. Otherwise you will get sucked in like a kid who's smoked his first stick. There will be a never ending "I quit tomorrow". PML and BMW just don't mix. Dump the idea before its too late.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Guys, I am meeting up with Robert Frank on Monday in what will be PML's last opportunity to make good their promise made to me. For those who do not know what is happening, it concerns a promise made to me by one of their local SENIOR MANAGERS, one MR HENRY LIM. I hope they will now finally make good his promise, otherwise, I will bring them to court and thats a promise. I will ensure that their lack of commitment and callousness is made public.

Frankly, I have my doubts about this Robert character even though he is supposed to be one of the top guns at PML. I can still recall his comment to Totoseow that the Warning Msg will be removed; something which is still there 3 months after the conversation. But lets see what the man has got to say. I don't like to bury people before they are given their chance, but should they disappoint me, I will really let them have it good!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

Good news to our SIN forumers. The car decal should be ready, hopefully before CNY. We should really thank our friend at Bronze Carman for making this decal a reality.

We will have to meet one day soon to discuss pricing, etc. Carman will bear some of the costs which I am very thankful for, but we as proud E60 forumers have to at least pay a token.

Will keep you guys posted.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 28 2005, 11:06 PM
We will have to meet one day soon to discuss pricing, etc.? Carman will bear some of the costs which I am very thankful for, but we as proud E60 forumers have to at least pay a token.
[snapback]84087[/snapback]
Count me in. Let's meet sometime soon. I'd like to meet the other E60'ers. McD's at West Coast is an excellent location. Good place to park & drool. :winkcool:
Old 01-29-2005, 03:24 AM

I saw one of you guys today. I think it was either zag or eggz. Who has the number 889? I was sitting at the traffic light waiting to turn right into Marymount Rd at the Upp Thomson Rd junction just before the Shell station....around 12pm. You were heading in the direction of SICC.

Saw some aggressive lane filtering hehehe.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans