E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have not had the unfortunate experience of being chased by a Malaysian cop, but I believe they drive Proton whose engine used to be based on Mitsubishis. However, I think they now have their own engines, pls correct me if I'm wrong. The police normally do not chase you. They will hide in the bushes or at flyovers with their speed detectors. Somewhere further down the road will be a road block. However, I believe Totegoi mentioned that they have since stopped this practise. I'm not sure about this.

I have got an E46 320 and an E60 545. I have had many problems with the agents here regarding the 320. So much trouble that I now intend to sell the damned 320 and replace with a Japanese make. The same will happen to the 545 should I experience any further trouble with PML, the agent. I have forewarned them personally.

BMW is a good brand. You may face some problems here and there, but if the service team is professional enough to know what they do and check on rectifications carried out, then there will be no problems. However, I have experienced sending the car in to rectify a problem and end up visiting them again to rectify more of the same problem with the addition of related problems.

Really frustrating, uncalled for and unprofessional of them!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Members

My Ride:

doubled post, sorry.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Members

My Ride:

>They will hide in the bushes or at flyovers with their speed detectors. Somewhere further down the road will be a road block.

Wow,,, Trapping expressway traffic?
Seems very scary to make the 200km/h car to stop.....

Edlee, maybe I'll make a 2-3 day short trip to Singapore right after the lunar new year.
Don't know how tight my schedule be. You posted that you're considering a Japanese make,
let me know if you need a Japanese broucher of certain name, I can get it for you.
Usually JP version is much more detailed than the US version.
Just in case you need, 'cause it's all in Japanese.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Cheech' date='Jan 23 2005, 11:47 AM
Wow,,, Trapping expressway traffic?
Seems very scary to make the 200km/h car to stop.....
[snapback]82168[/snapback]
They will not stop the car immediately. They will record your speed and the road block will be a few km after that, at a brightly lit area (highway there has lights only at the junctions). All drivers will automatically slow down when approaching these junctions.

Very seldom see the road blocks nowadays; maybe Tategoi is right. But they have electronic checks at the two links to Singapore. If you have an outstanding fine, your car number will show up, and the cops there will stop you immediately. No where to run after that cause it's a straight short strip to Singapore after those points.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

I AM READY TO GO!!! Anyone still keen to drive up and pay some toll on the way back?

We spoke about a meet-up before the CNY, and there is one this Sunday by BMW-SG. Anyone interested to attend? Or you guys prefer an exclusive one for the E60? I am very curious about the problems Ed had with PML.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Jan 23 2005, 11:35 PM
I AM READY TO GO!!!? Anyone still keen to drive up and pay some toll on the way back?

We spoke about a meet-up before the CNY, and there is one this Sunday by BMW-SG. Anyone interested to attend? Or you guys prefer an exclusive one for the E60? I am very curious about the problems Ed had with PML.
[snapback]82378[/snapback]
hi tategoi,

Unless something urgent comes up, I'll probably go to the BMW.SG meetup this Sunday, check clear with the wife liao

eggz
Old 01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Members

Lexus launching the new 2006 GS300 this weekend. The car has a new V6 3 litre engine producing 245 horsepower. 0-100 km sprint in 7.5 seconds. Price is between $187K to $193K. I bet PML going to lose some E60 customers.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

The higher-end Super Luxury model selling for 190k.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

[quote name='tategoi' date='Jan 24 2005, 01:35 PM']
I AM READY TO GO!!! Anyone still keen to drive up and pay some toll on the way back?

Its going to be a long story if Edlee were to tell you even in brief. Probably due to PML's incapability to solve all the problems even without a given time frame. The problems that Edlee encountered were all quite normal.

The problem with PML is overbooking of cars. See, they expanded the sales department (60 sales staff and counting) without expanding the service side, 10 CSAs. Therefore, when there are too many cars to cope with (servicing, warrenty, tow-ins, recall campaigns Return jobs) CSAs and workshop technicians can't focus on the problem and creates another problem.

Opening of another service centre would probably ease traffic in Alexandra for a while.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

When I was looking around, my sales told me they were going to start another workshop at the bukit timah showroom area. Well, that would be convenient for me.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans