E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 02:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:15 PM
Ed520, there is a retro for xenon but I think it is very expensive - about $4K. For that price, I do not need xenon. PDC is useful because I kept bumping into walls. Also, I am scared I will reverse into someone behind the car without seeing the person as the boot is very high. Right now, I always have to open the driver door to peer out when I reverse and sometimes, get down the car to judge the distance when I parallel park. So, PDC is a necessity to me. All Toyota Corollas come with PDC nowadays. So, I wonder what is so big deal about PDC on E60 that we have to pay so much and wait so long to retrofit.
KK, why don't you install after-market reverse sensor? I have bumpercare installed and very happy with it thus far.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:23 AM
Guest_kiasu king_*

tategoi, I have already paid the deposit. Does Bumpercare require drilling the bumpers? I read in BMW.sg forum that someone had problem with Bumpercare.

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:21 AM
[quote name='Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:15 PM']Ed520, there is a retro for xenon but I think it is very expensive - about $4K. For that price, I do not need xenon. PDC is useful because I kept bumping into walls. Also, I am scared I will reverse into someone behind the car without seeing the person as the boot is very high. Right now, I always have to open the driver door to peer out when I reverse and sometimes, get down the car to judge the distance when I parallel park. So, PDC is a necessity to me. All Toyota Corollas come with PDC nowadays. So, I wonder what is so big deal about PDC on E60 that we have to pay so much and wait so long to retrofit.
KK, why don't you install after-market reverse sensor? I have bumpercare installed and very happy with it thus far.
[snapback]38842[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 09-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Members

Hi KK, bumpercare does not require the bumper to be drilled.. it consist of a metallic sensor strip pasted on the inside of your bumper.. I'm using it on my current car.. The problem is that it tends to be over-sensitive.. Mine beeps when the car park lot has a high kerb and beeps sometimes when the car is wet from the rain(rain water dripping over the bumper).. Well, i guess it's better than no beep...

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Sep 28 2004, 04:23 AM
tategoi, I have already paid the deposit. Does Bumpercare require drilling the bumpers? I read in BMW.sg forum that someone had problem with Bumpercare.

[quote name='tategoi' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:21 AM'][quote name='Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:15 PM']Ed520, there is a retro for xenon but I think it is very expensive - about $4K. For that price, I do not need xenon. PDC is useful because I kept bumping into walls. Also, I am scared I will reverse into someone behind the car without seeing the person as the boot is very high. Right now, I always have to open the driver door to peer out when I reverse and sometimes, get down the car to judge the distance when I parallel park. So, PDC is a necessity to me. All Toyota Corollas come with PDC nowadays. So, I wonder what is so big deal about PDC on E60 that we have to pay so much and wait so long to retrofit.
[snapback]38842[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]38843[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 09-28-2004, 07:42 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Junior' date='Sep 28 2004, 07:38 PM
I'm using it on my current car.. The problem is that it tends to be over-sensitive.. Mine beeps when the car park lot has a high kerb and beeps sometimes when the car is wet from the rain(rain water dripping over the bumper).. Well, i guess it's better than no beep...?

[snapback]38852[/snapback]

the original PDC sensors are also as sensitive, water; mud; high curb; flies... it beeps!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Members

Hi all,

For those who are interested in maximising performance from your standard E60, this website may be of interest: www.zenner-tuning.com. They have mods for the latest E60s. Go check it out!
Old 09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stormrider' date='Sep 28 2004, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

For those who are interested in maximising performance from your standard E60, this website may be of interest: www.zenner-tuning.com. They have mods for the latest E60s. Go check it out!
[snapback]38918[/snapback]
Confirmed by a senior tech that they are able to tell if the ECU is tuned. Apparently during s/w updates, they are able to tell. Most if not all s/w updates starts by keying in VIN and their laptops detects s/w versions prior to update.

Also confirmed that it effectively voids warranty!!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king_*' date='Sep 28 2004, 03:15 AM
Ed520, there is a retro for xenon but I think it is very expensive - about $4K. For that price, I do not need xenon. PDC is useful because I kept bumping into walls. Also, I am scared I will reverse into someone behind the car without seeing the person as the boot is very high. Right now, I always have to open the driver door to peer out when I reverse and sometimes, get down the car to judge the distance when I parallel park. So, PDC is a necessity to me. All Toyota Corollas come with PDC nowadays. So, I wonder what is so big deal about PDC on E60 that we have to pay so much and wait so long to retrofit.

[snapback]38828[/snapback]
kiasu....i have the same prob with u that's why i also want to get PDC. hve not ordered though, waiting for feedback frm pp who installed

yah xenon is expensive, wat do u think if i fit one of those aftmkt hid conversion kits. anyone has any experience with those?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Members

Woah guys i just saw a 545i turn into my estate last night!

I was just looking out my window enjoying the night sky when i saw the familiar angel eyes of the E60 racing down my estate driveway. I was watching it drive by (i always have a respect for other E60 drivers) and was thinking to myself, damn it looks good. I initially thought it was a 530i running on the 124s, but went to check the car out on the LTA website just for s**t and giggles.

Lo and behold, it was listed as a 545i! 93k OMV and delivered over a week ago. It was an SCX plate and was Silver Grey. Anybody on this board? Must have been one of the first 545is along with the Olivin one in Singapore.

I wonder if he saw my car when he drove out

License plate withheld in the interest of privacy
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-clipboard01.jpg  
Old 09-28-2004, 07:41 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by ///M-trois' date='Sep 29 2004, 11:15 AM
Lo and behold, it was listed as a 545i! 93k OMV and delivered over a week ago. It was an SCX plate and was Silver Grey. Anybody on this board? Must have been one of the first 545is along with the Olivin one in Singapore.

I wonder if he saw my car when he drove out?

License plate withheld in the interest of privacy
[snapback]39133[/snapback]

Inivite him to the next e60 meet up.. ler!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

///M-trois,

How do you get that LTA report without the driver's IC?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans