E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NAV not available in Singapore yet.

No prob; will post pictures once I've taken delivery.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:22 AM
Members

Hey KK,

You might like to know that the PDC fault that I mentioned was apparently a software bug.. They've managed to solve the problem and will be able to retrofit once stocks arrive.. I was told 3 weeks..

Question: Does anyone know what has to be done to enable bluetooth? I know the E60s comes with car phone prep but is there additonal wiring, equip to install? Any idea what is it going to cost? And lastly, anyone got a list of compatible phones? Bluetooth will be my next additon..
Old 09-30-2004, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

///M-trois

How do you bi-xenon your headlights? My 520i comes standard Xenon, but the high beam is still non-Xenon. Did you choose the bi-xenon as an option, or do you retrofit it aftermarket?
Old 09-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Sep 30 2004, 02:49 PM
///M-trois

How do you bi-xenon your headlights? My 520i comes standard Xenon, but the high beam is still non-Xenon. Did you choose the bi-xenon as an option, or do you retrofit it aftermarket?
[snapback]39696[/snapback]
In bi-xenon the High beam is halogen when i pull the stalk, but xenon when i push the stalk. i.e. the flasher is halogens and the actual high beams are infact Xenons. With normal dipped headlights on, something inside the headlights covers part of the beam, when the stalk is pushed back this cover is lifted to reveal the full beam.

Kiran.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Members

Sorry EdLee, thought I knew who you were but I guess I don't. Case of mistaken identity.

Hey Toto, looks like you're going power crazy. You want 350 bhp??? At that rate, probably only the 545s & M5s will be able to pass you by.

Yeah, better to wait a year after warranty before dropping in the supercharger. In the meantime, If you decide to remap the ECU, I hope it helps to solve the stalling/hesitation problems on top of providing your beloved E60 with an additional 15 bhp .
Old 09-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Senior Members

Exclamation

junior...u get go back on the other 92 pages of this thread....u want bluetooth? u got to kill someone in IDA or someone in PML.

ya i m going power crazy...but now i hv no problems wif my car...not on the stalling front n i dun hv delayed power coming in as well...i just want to kill a few more types of cars...
Old 10-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Senior Members

Hi Kiran. I think you're wrong. I am currently driving an E46 with Bi-xenon as retrofit by PML. I also had my doubts but they were soon clarified.

In bi-xenon, only the bulb that comes on during low beam is the xenon. When you pull the stalk, the high beam of the same bulb will also be be activated as xenon. The secondary light which is meant only for high beam is always halogen as required by law. Do not tamper with this.

I understand your reasoning. You think the low beam is non-xenon because the colour of the light is yellowish. This is because BMW uses 4700K xenons which is good for "throw" which in effect is shining distance. If you really want the Mercedes or Lexus Xenon look, then you should get the Philips bulb; the number is D2S and its available at the Mercedes parts dealer at Waterloo Street. This bulb is 6000K and really looks great; but only useful if you drive in Singapore. If you travel to Malaysia often, do not change the bulbs as they are not very good in the rain and do not shine very far. These bulbs cost SGD 220.00 each - really hefty!!!

For standard xenons, the xenon bulbs are only for low beam. They are not activated when you pull your stalk back; only the high beam halogen light is activated.

Sorry, my story kinda long. Hope I didn't confuse you. If you need clarifications, pls PM me with your ctc number and I can explain more. Or if you need more information, go on to the BMW.SG site. There are plenty of advises there.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Members

Hi Tategoi

I have the standard xenons as well, as my high beam halogens come on regardless whether i pull or push the stalk..I was under the false pretense that i had the bi-xenons. I just haven't got around to updating my sig yet!

Edlee: I thought my car came with the projector halogens because they were so yellow in comparison to the xenons on the MBs and the VWs when i was driving on the first night of my delivery. It was only a few nights later when i noticed the bluish startup of the headlights and purplish backlight when driving behind a car that i realized i had xenons. I really love them, the throw distance is superb and i light up the signboards for everybody to see when i drive on the highway. Can't drive a car with the regular halogen headlamps now.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

///M-trios - I think you may be mistaken. The halogens will always come on when you use high beam; whether you pull or push the stalk.

However, if you either flash or engage the high beam and the xenons actually flash together with your high beam, then you've got bi-xenons. If you flash and your xenon bulb's high beam does not get activated at the same time as the halogen, then you've got standard.

Try standing about 6 to 10 ft away from your car whilst your friend activates the high beam. If both bulbs flash, you've positively got the bi-xenons. Word of warning though, try this either in the daytime or if you must do so in the night, put on your sun glasses. Otherwise you may get stunned for a while.

If I'm not wrong all Singapore imported E60s are bi-xenons.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Edlee, thanks for the explanation. I think only the 525i and 530i come in bi-xenon, 2004 520i come in standard xenon. So whenever I high beam the light throw is yellow, very pai seh

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans