E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Oct 3 2004, 07:47 AM
[quote name='Junior' date='Oct 2 2004, 08:47 PM']......

? ? ? Siemens S65
? ? ? SonyEricsson T610,T630
? ? ? Siemens S55, S56
? ? ? Motorola V600
The compatible phones not very interesting leh. I will consider only if the newer SE k- and S-series are in.

Just curious, given it is blue-tooth technology, why is there a need for compatibility? All blue-toothed phones should work, shouldn't they? And why the Adaptor, Snap-in?
[snapback]40844[/snapback]
[/quote]

The compatible phones listed are so outdated ! They are what even students feels shy to use ! Looks like BMW engineers will have to expedite on the design of the BT interface to allow some of the latest range of mobile phones .

I believe I did read somewhere that there is still some problem with SMSs. I would put BT installation on hold till they revise their phone list and iron out the bugs. Tategoi, SE K series looks and functions real cool. Comes with BT earpiece also. Just bought 2 for my children and also bought a P910i for myself - check this one out, quite fun but wouldn't otherwise know if this PDA phone is compatible with BMW BT software or not ?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:20 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Got my first fault warning display today after 10 months!
"Restraint system Faulty" - idrive says "airbag; belt tensioner; blah blah is faulty... go to nearest Bimmer workshop". The fault sticks like a gum whole day and not going off.

Olivin530, i think i got vibration noise in the steering wheel but i don't think it's any of the buttons, something inside! How did you resolve yours?

I am going in workshop for these tomorrow:
- door creaks (i want them to replace all the four door seals) Shoot, this will be the fourth fixes in 10 months
- steering pulling left
- seat occupancy detection fault recall
- steering wheel rattling noise
wish me luck!
Old 10-03-2004, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Oct 3 2004, 08:52 AM
OK, I shall try a push to see if its xenon.

The E60 you saw must be one from the 2003 production. I was told all 2004 ones are xenon. Therefore if any forumers here looking to buy a 520i, be sure to ask for xenon.
[snapback]40847[/snapback]
Xenon is an inert gas and very lazy. So for flashing where instantaneous "firing" is required, it can't. When you on the xenon, you see that it slowly warms up.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Oct 3 2004, 07:18 PM
Xenon is an inert gas and very lazy. So for flashing where instantaneous "firing" is required, it can't. When you on the xenon, you see that it slowly warms up.
[snapback]41043[/snapback]
But when it really warms up, it turns yellow !
Old 10-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 4 2004, 09:20 AM
[quote name='Guest' date='Oct 3 2004, 07:18 PM']
[snapback]41181[/snapback]
[/quote]
Zag,

I have not got the time to put my ride in. May do it soon as service indicator read 2500 km; and I have done less than 13,000 km so far.

The parts that needs to be replaced are here - rear roller sun blind and both sets of buttons + covers on the steering wheel. Strangely, I too didn't think that the noise comes from the buttons but the techie convinced me with a test drive. Specifically, they are coming from the right 3 buttons but they are changing both sides. Zag, you may want to just lightly press on these buttons when the noise surfaces otherwise, look for Desmond - he is the man alright.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Senior Members

The recent rainy season has allowed me to hate the Dunlop runflats that I have. They seemed very very slippery when the road is wet.

The drivers seat is squeaking like mad - and no, it is not the belt buckle/anchor. Seemed to be coming from the side support. I am getting fedup with all this noise and squeaks.

One of the flaps that hold a cup in the rear pull-down cupholder has cracked - the material used seemed rather fragile - anyone with the same problem?

And Robert Friend's telephone is going to ring tomorrow. He still owed us an answer on the damn message. He also owed me an answer as to why BMW uses tires that are so inferior. Apparently, RF just returned from Phuket - something on 7 series membership. Lets hope he has answers. Otherwise, it won't be just you and me the next time!!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Oct 3 2004, 02:53 PM
[quote name='BMW530' date='Oct 2 2004, 09:55 PM']Totoseow,

Well I'm back in the UK.? Thanks for the meet up on the first day I was there.? Pity no one else was free to meet up.? Could have seen more E60s.? Actually visted PML in Alexandra Road a few days later to check out the cars.

Thanks
[snapback]40459[/snapback]
there was some communication break down, otherwise we would have met.
[snapback]40848[/snapback]
[/quote]

No problem, there's always next time.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:20 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Oct 3 2004, 07:18 PM']
[/quote]

You're kidding right? Turns yellow after warm up. You must have Halogens then
My Xenons are white with the blue tinge
Old 10-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Oct 4 2004, 10:23 PM
[quote name='Olivin530i' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:20 PM'][quote name='Guest' date='Oct 3 2004, 07:18 PM']
[/quote]

You're kidding right? Turns yellow after warm up. You must have Halogens then
My Xenons are white with the blue tinge
[snapback]41301[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hhmmm... maybe he should take off the yellow glasses?
Old 10-05-2004, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

Guys,

I called our Mr Robert Friend this morning and he has got nothing except disappointments . Sounded familiar eh guys?

For a start, the irritating ACCEPT message will not be off for good !!! And NO, you can't choose to revert back to the previous version either !!

According to him, BMW Ag is adament to have this for Singapore (CIP upgrades done in country dependent mode he asserted). And NO, BMW Ag ain't going to oblige . He says it is now our PEROGATIVE to take the next step . When I asked for some names in BMW Asia, he asked me to write in (to who only GOD knows) and he is not giving any names!!! Talk about being Kiasi !

BMW is probably not very concern about customer satisfaction , not the least if I get the tone correct from Robert.

When I side tracked to complain about the r/f tires, he reminded me that these were the specs when I bought my car, and I promptly reminded him that the i-drive didn't come with the idiotic message either!! AND I WANT OUT!

I need to tell the world about our predicament - what do you guys say?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans