E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 04:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And Robert Friend also confirmed that the idiotic message isn't in cars in the UK market !!!!

Why the disparity???

BMW - are you listening!
Old 10-05-2004, 06:46 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 5 2004, 08:38 PM
And Robert Friend also confirmed that the idiotic message isn't in cars in the UK market !!!!?

Why the disparity???

BMW - are you listening!
[snapback]41478[/snapback]

who is the chap replaces Maria, the lady MD for BMW Asia?
I would go right there!

BMW seems to be too arrogant now! I am seriously disturbed by the fact while it is a good car but how the lack human touch of this BMW brand name has.

After spending close to quarter million S$, i won't take this sitting down. PML needs to act if they want to sell cars. They can't just wash hands!

Olivin, i am in!
Old 10-05-2004, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 5 2004, 02:36 PM
For a start, the irritating ACCEPT message will not be off for good !!!? And NO, you can't choose to revert back to the previous version either !!
According to him, BMW Ag is adament to have this for Singapore (CIP upgrades done in country dependent mode he asserted).? And NO, BMW Ag ain't going to oblige .? He says it is now our PEROGATIVE to take the next step .? When I asked for some names in BMW Asia, he asked me to write in (to who only GOD knows) and he is not giving any names!!!? Talk about being Kiasi !
And Robert Friend also confirmed that the idiotic message isn't in cars in the UK market !!!!
BMW - are you listening!
Hhhmmm.. Sorry to read about your problems...
The accept screen was supposed to be on US spec cars only, AFAIK... Somebody seems to have added it to the Singapore software for NO reason...
Well, if he is not giving you names... send it to GOD, if only GOD knows... (Sorry I had to make this joke!)...
Old 10-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Members

Why bother to complain to PML? Just write in to Today or Streats newspaper and let the whole world knows about the ultimate driving machine!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:09 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Oct 5 2004, 11:26 PM
Why bother to complain to PML? Just write in to Today or Streats newspaper and let the whole world knows about the ultimate driving machine!
[snapback]41518[/snapback]
if i had the 520i and it stalled on me i'd not be so forgiving... so far all the 520i owners had experienced stall in one or two occasions but nobody is picking bones with BMW asia for putting a life threatening car on the road. I am sure LTA will take action before someone got into accident because e60 stalled at junction or in expressway.
you experienced stall.. that will be first account of experience!

I am picking bones on the stupid warning message and i want them out like all other non US countries.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

I would like to start by taking these incidents to the motoring magazines . I believe they would love to feature these so called Ultimate driving machines to squeaks and creaks - and most of all, make the owners feels like they are damned fools ; we certainly don't need that idiotic message to tell us what we shouldn't be doing.

Pick bones I am in and take blood I must after taking that nonchalant response from a guy with a friend in his name - not very friendly is it?
Old 10-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Oct 5 2004, 10:09 AM
[quote name='sg520i' date='Oct 5 2004, 11:26 PM']Why bother to complain to PML? Just write in to Today or Streats newspaper and let the whole world knows about the ultimate driving machine!
if i had the 520i and it stalled on me i'd not be so forgiving... so far all the 520i owners had experienced stall in one or two occasions but nobody is picking bones with BMW asia for putting a life threatening car on the road. I am sure LTA will take action before someone got into accident because e60 stalled at junction or in expressway.

I am picking bones on the stupid warning message and i want them out like all other non US countries.
[snapback]41526[/snapback]
[/quote]

zag,

You know what, this is not my first time having problems with conti car. Previously my 320i, c200k, all do have nonsenses. I wrote in, I faxed in, I wrote to GM, MD, but in the end, they sent me a letter to apologise for the inconvenience....that's all. In the first place, I think, who am I? If I am a powerful figure, probably they will take action. On the other hand, not everybody has problem. Toto is one of them. He doesn't seem to have problem wif his e60. One of my friend with 530 also got no issue. So what can we say? You should talk to the press, make it big. Everybody knows. Although they still might not do anything, but atleast that will affect the reputation and sales. We should start to broadcast to the world about the new 5. This will bring the name down. Actually if they give in, what do you want from them? We got to start thinking. Rebate? trade in for a new problematic e60? resolve your existing problem? or wat? To be honest, If my car stalls on the road and I am involved in an accident, I will send my lawyer there to screw them straight away.

Olivin, I doubt motoring mag will dare to publish your issue. They will not get any test car from PML in future if they do that....

I am parting my e60 in few months time. Now my backseats squeak like mad. Can't tolerate anymore. Sigh...
Old 10-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

I am trying to simulate engine stalling last night. After I pumped from Caltex, I tried to turn the wheel and accelerate at the same time, hard, but no stall. I remember vaguely I did the same last time and it stalled twice. The only difference was last night I pumped full tank, while the previous 2 occasions I did not. Could it be fuel pressure? I am going to pump just $20 next time and see if it stalls.

Got a message yesterday that my engine oil is below minimum. Top it up with the free 1L given by PML and the control message is gone. My mileage is 6,500 Km. What is your mileage when prompted to top-up?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Members

Tategoi, i had the sneaking suspicion that there was something wrong with the fuel injection or something like that....but since the incident, my car has been working great.....no squeaks or anything. *touch wood*

Current mileage is 6k, i'll check to see when the check engine oil message pops up.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:08 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Oct 6 2004, 07:58 AM
[quote name='zag' date='Oct 5 2004, 10:09 AM'][quote name='sg520i' date='Oct 5 2004, 11:26 PM']Why bother to complain to PML? Just write in to Today or Streats newspaper and let the whole world knows about the ultimate driving machine!

[snapback]41526[/snapback]
[/quote]

zag,

You know what, this is not my first time having problems with conti car. Previously my 320i, c200k, all do have nonsenses. I wrote in, I faxed in, I wrote to GM, MD, but in the end, they sent me a letter to apologise for the inconvenience....that's all. In the first place, I think, who am I? If I am a powerful figure, probably they will take action. On the other hand, not everybody has problem. Toto is one of them. He doesn't seem to have problem wif his e60. One of my friend with 530 also got no issue. So what can we say? You should talk to the press, make it big. Everybody knows. Although they still might not do anything, but atleast that will affect the reputation and sales. We should start to broadcast to the world about the new 5. This will bring the name down. Actually if they give in, what do you want from them? We got to start thinking. Rebate? trade in for a new problematic e60? resolve your existing problem? or wat? To be honest, If my car stalls on the road and I am involved in an accident, I will send my lawyer there to screw them straight away.

Olivin, I doubt motoring mag will dare to publish your issue. They will not get any test car from PML in future if they do that....

I am parting my e60 in few months time. Now my backseats squeak like mad. Can't tolerate anymore. Sigh...
[snapback]41616[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am fine with the e60 to be honest until they rev the software for me with warning message which is US centric to begin with and what i think it is purely ignorance from BMW AG and they are too arrogant to admit their boo boo.
All i want from BMW AG is to remove the warning message and i will go my merry way.

As for the stall which predominantly happening on 520i, i can't vought and stick my head out as i will be doing hand waving only. I have came across at least a couple of furious owners having his 520i stalled on expressway and had been in precarious or near miss situation.

I am just wonderng why there is no recall on this problem and if LTA should intervene before worse thing happen.

Toto, are you happy with the warning message? seems like Olivin and myself are the whiners only.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans