E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:17 AM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Mr. Roland Krueger is MD for BMW Asia
I want to hear his view!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

I have heard of this stalling problem plus a few other minor things from friends and sales people at PML. I am told the these problems, especially the stalling only occur in the 520? Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, going to the press, magazines, etc is all not too good an idea. Someone out there should take the initiative to write a petition, get all those with the stalling problems to sign and submit to LTA copied to the Ministry and all the major papers. Sacfety issues MUST be highlighted; otherwise you will all be wasting your time. This will blow the whole thing out of proportion and then BMW Asia will have to do something. Alternatively, band together and hire a good lawyer (preferably the one who won the 7 series case against PML) and sue the pants off these guys!!! Last but not such a good suggestion is to plan a mass drive-in during one of those promotions that PML frequently organises; like the current EXPO. All you guys drive in and queue up for emergency service voicing your problems audibly. That will surely turn the crowds away. Sorry, last suggestion was really crude and not worth considering, but just had to let it out of my system.

I know its not very right to do such a thing, but guys, we all pay so much for our cars, gave them so many chances to rectify the problems but in the end got treated like parasites.

I really do hope that my new ride, when it does come in, will not end up with such problems. I am already mentally prepared for all these little hiccups and will not hesitate to practise what I preach if and when the time comes. I have a very good idea what I will do, but lets not jump the gun.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Oct 6 2004, 06:03 AM
I have heard of this stalling problem plus a few other minor things from friends and sales people at PML.? I am told the these problems, especially the stalling only occur in the 520?? Pls correct me if I am wrong.?

Anyway, going to the press, magazines, etc is all not too good an idea.? Someone out there should take the initiative to write a petition, get all those with the stalling problems to sign and submit to LTA copied to the Ministry and all the major papers.? Sacfety issues MUST be highlighted; otherwise you will all be wasting your time.? This will blow the whole thing out of proportion and then BMW Asia will have to do something.? Alternatively, band together and hire a good lawyer (preferably the one who won the 7 series case against PML) and sue the pants off these guys!!!? Last but not such a good suggestion is to plan a mass drive-in during one of those promotions that PML frequently organises; like the current EXPO.? All you guys drive in and queue up for emergency service voicing your problems audibly.? That will surely turn the crowds away.? Sorry, last suggestion was really crude and not worth considering, but just had to let it out of my system.

I know its not very right to do such a thing, but guys, we all pay so much for our cars, gave them so many chances to rectify the problems? but in the end got treated like parasites.

I really do hope that my new ride, when it does come in, will not end up with such problems.? I am already mentally prepared for all these little hiccups and will not hesitate to practise what I preach if and when the time comes.? I have a very good idea what I will do, but lets not jump the gun.
[snapback]41719[/snapback]
Old 10-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Members

Just topped up the engine oil with the 1L that came with the car.
Message came up today and current mileage is 6054km.

Why do we have to top up so early with the E60? My old E46 320i didn't need any topping up till its first service.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

zag no i m not happy...but i m fearful of sending in my car to do even the slightest correction. they never come back the same...
Old 10-06-2004, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Toto,

They need to learn how to retain the features that are working fine and ONLY improve on what is not right - like the CD going back to the first track, steering wheel not returning to the correct position, windows that don't go up/down all the way, auto head-lights that turned on when it is visibly very bright still, etc, etc...

And to stop all those squeaks and hums!!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

Zag,

Should we try to meet Mr Roland Krueger in person. Do you have his number? I would like to hear how he would satisfy such a simple request. It is an opportunity for him to show how useful/useless he can be.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:38 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Oct 6 2004, 08:56 PM
Zag,

Should we try to meet Mr Roland Krueger in person.? Do you have his number?? I would like to hear how he would satisfy such a simple request.? It is an opportunity for him to show how useful/useless he can be.
[snapback]41735[/snapback]
I called Mr Roland Krueger today and I got his secretary who said he is out of town and gave a name Frank "something" (i don't have it with me now, i jotted down at my office desk this afternoon), Frank is in charge of after sales service.
Roland's secretary took down my number and have Frank to call me back. Let's see tomorrow if he calls.

I will talk to Roland to get his position and for that matter I will call the chairman of BMW AG himself. I am serious. I will get a position from them directly on the stupid Warning message. If he wants it in in singapore cars, he has to have it in worldwide.

I will give PML Simon Rock a chance, I will write official letter to him and for his reply than i will go all the way.

If BMW doesn't heed.. adios!

D*mm it, i have one simple question and request only,

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO PUT THE WARNING MESSAGE IN MY CAR? I AM HAPPY WITHOUT IT DRIVING FOR 8 MONTHS WHEN THEY DELIVERED IT BACK THEM!
(yes, i am yelling!)
Old 10-06-2004, 08:40 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by ///M-trois' date='Oct 6 2004, 07:57 PM
Just topped up the engine oil with the 1L that came with the car.
Message came up today and current mileage is 6054km.

Why do we have to top up so early with the E60? My old E46 320i didn't need any topping up till its first service.?
[snapback]41726[/snapback]
When i was driving the 320i i had to top up regularly... so far the e60 has been pretty decent, did oil change at 16,000 Km, no top up in between.
Probably the 2.2liter lump is working too hard in the e60.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Zag

Give me Roland's number so that I could sing him my tune. It ain't going to be soft though .

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans