E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have placed my order to retrofit the PDC (front and back) and bootlid release button. Actually, BMW should offer the bootlid release button free of charge. It is damn ridiculous not to install it in the first place.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:11 AM
Contributors

No matter where the key position is whether or not the car on or off. If you press this button it will release the trunk.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:37 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Sep 13 2004, 07:11 PM
No matter where the key position is whether or not the car on or off.? If you press this button it will release the trunk.
OK! in my previous e46, the release button is useless when the boot is locked!
So as you say, the button overrides the locked boot.

How about when the car is locked via the remote key? Does it still work?
Hope not, someone can smash the window and open the boot!
Old 09-13-2004, 03:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Sep 13 2004, 05:37 AM
[quote name='kigerka' date='Sep 13 2004, 07:11 PM'] No matter where the key position is whether or not the car on or off.? If you press this button it will release the trunk.

Hope not, someone can smash the window and open the boot! [/quote]
zag, I will tell you when the button is installed. Need to wait for 1 month for the parts to come in - it is packaged with the PDC retrofit.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King Kong' date='Sep 13 2004, 05:39 AM
[quote name='zag' date='Sep 13 2004, 05:37 AM'] [quote name='kigerka' date='Sep 13 2004, 07:11 PM'] No matter where the key position is whether or not the car on or off.? If you press this button it will release the trunk.

Hope not, someone can smash the window and open the boot! [/quote]
zag, I will tell you when the button is installed. Need to wait for 1 month for the parts to come in - it is packaged with the PDC retrofit. [/quote]
Kiasu, i tink u better sell ur car and get a new one. Your $ invested now is equilvalent to a brand new e60. I believe you will add more and more options in near future. Probably the new 525i has all these options.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Stormrider

Hi there,

If I remember correctly, someone on this forum has fitted an EcoTek CB-26P to their E60. I was wondering if such a modification would void the warranty by PML. I am thinking of having this item installed in my vehicle. Any comments about the reported improvements in fuel consumption and performance?

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Members

Hello everyone,

I am new here and am glad that there is such a forum here.

I really love the E60, but can only afford an E46. But I had a good couple weeks of test driving my relative's E60. I was considering to buy over the car next year (hopefully will get some bonus), but have changed my mind after test driving it for 2 weeks.

Although the 520 has great presence and handles extremely well, I am quite glad to get back to my far more reliable E46. I cannot imagine why a luxury car like a 520 can stall, shudder, and make the kind of cabin noise only a 20 year old 3rd grade car would make. To think that the car is barely 6 months old only makes things worse.

PML must be taking it easy, because after bringing the car back twice, the same old problems persist. I think some people may get killed - it is just not safe to drive that car. It could refuse to move without warning whatsoever!

Anyone made enough noise about it and managed to resolve the stalling and power loss problem?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:57 PM
stormrider

Hi all,

Think I won't be installing the EcoTek. Read an objective but unfavourable review of the product. The ECU remapping seems a much more sensible option. For those of you who want to know if you'll be able to feel a 15-17 bhp increase - definitely your ass will know the difference. Toto, you say you want to change the airbox and plugs. from my understanding, I thought Bosch Iridium Spark plugs come standard for BMW cars. If this is so, you'll be hard pressed to find a better and more efficient set of plugs.

So far, there are no BMW tuners who have expressly stated that they have a new map for the E60. I suspect that Juzz4Cars may be using the program for the previous model of the 5 series to tune the latest versions. This is a real possibility given that the engines are very similar. However, it is my view that it would be better to wait for the specific program for the E60 to roll out before considering the remapping route. I gather this from my experience talking to car enthusiasts who have reworked the ecus for their WRXs, Evos, Civics etc. Using an older program may not enable you to fully max out on the new engine's capabilities.

There are of course other non or less intrusive modifications to consider. I have 1 particular mod in mind that has been dyno tested locally and has shocked some members of the motoring community because of it's impressive gains (about 8 bhp) given it's passive nature (no soldering, cutting, or rewiring needed and hence will not void PML's warranty). I will have it done and keep you guys updated on the progress.

My objective/challenge is to enable the 520 E60 to generate about 200 bhp at the wheels. That is going to be real tough considering the fact that I will be changing the rims from the 16" stock to 18" aftermarket's.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:43 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by aberdourpunk' date='Sep 14 2004, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new here and am glad that there is such a forum here.

I really love the E60, but can only afford an E46. But I had a good couple weeks of test driving my relative's E60. I was considering to buy over the car next year (hopefully will get some bonus), but have changed my mind after test driving it for 2 weeks.

Although the 520 has great presence and handles extremely well, I am quite glad to get back to my far more reliable E46. I cannot imagine why a luxury car like a 520 can stall, shudder, and make the kind of cabin noise only a 20 year old 3rd grade car would make. To think that the car is barely 6 months old only makes things worse.

PML must be taking it easy, because after bringing the car back twice, the same old problems persist. I think some people may get killed - it is just not safe to drive that car. It could refuse to move without warning whatsoever!

Anyone made enough noise about it and managed to resolve the stalling and power loss problem?
e60 is a great car... squeaky doors has been inherited from e39 days. mine has been fixed 3 times and now it will be going in again for another.
regarding the stall problems, agree it is serious and so far it seems to confine to 520i's only.
comparing to my previous e46 320i, i can say my current e60 has seen less of the PML workshop in the first year of owning it.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Senior Members

So far my 520 had not stalled yet (touching wood now). Why not try Caltex and see if the stalling still appears.

BTW, are we going to have a meet-up with our UK friend this weekend? Toto, please let us know.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans