E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:11 AM
[quote name='Ed520' date='Sep 2 2004, 11:49 AM'] [quote name='Olivin530i' date='Sep 1 2004, 07:35 AM'] They have also once again confirmed that PDC can be retro-fitted - they tried sucessfully after too many 520is owners' demand for it.
just called up brandon and he insisted that they are only in the trial stage. even when i told him tat i heard frm the forum that some guys hve got PDC installed, he still says they are not ready to install n the price is also not confirmed yet! he then asked fo my number n promised to call when they r ready ..... [/quote]
I was at PML yesterday, enquiring about the PDC with Adrian (?) from Parts. He told me that one 520i had been installed and PML is doing the testing now, so far it is working perfectly ok, but it needs more time to monitor if the PDC willkonk out. Until now there is no approval from BMW Asia yet, PML is trying to get more 520i owners to register their interests and will submit the list to BMW Asia. I don't understand the logic behind this exercise. Can means can, cannot means you gotta make it can, as simple as that. Adrian expects the price to be around $3k all in, inclusive of labour and discounts. [/quote]
I think this Brandon guy cannot be trusted. One older chap at the parts counter told me the PDC retrofitt is not ready yet and there is no news when it will be ready. Asked me to leave my name and phone no. and he will call me when ready. told me many people on his list wanting to retrofit PDC.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Members

tategoi, spoken to the paintshop guy at PML. He told me only PML has the water based metallic paint used on BMW cars. He said outside paintshop has same colour code but not water based. He said after repainting, will be more shiny that original because paint is new. So, got no choice but to let PML do the work. Anyone can confirm only PML has water based paint?
Old 09-02-2004, 10:59 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Sep 3 2004, 02:36 PM
tategoi, spoken to the paintshop guy at PML. He told me only PML has the water based metallic paint used on BMW cars. He said outside paintshop has same colour code but not water based. He said after repainting, will be more shiny that original because paint is new. So, got no choice but to let PML do the work. Anyone can confirm only PML has water
based paint?
Kiasu,
Didn't know the nick caused by fallen tree branch so serious on yours!

Let me share this with you, when i was driving the 320i about two years back, i got bombed by fallen tree along cluny road. It was a major branch that came tumbling down and i was "lucky" to be just underneath it when there was the morning bumper to bumper. Boom! The branch caused a major dent on the pillar!

I immediately called National Park Board and complained for not maintaining those trees properly. Wrote in with evidence and claimed damages.
They reimbursed as National Park Board is insured!
By the way, the tree where the branch came from had a big dead branch hanging on to it precariously so my case was very strong. Negligence on their part.

They also normally check weather condition, was there strong wind etc. etc when it happened.

So can you build a case on them and claim?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Members

zag, wah, you are good! The problem is I did not stop to check when car got hit and now, I do not know which tree hit me!
Old 09-02-2004, 11:23 PM
T67
Members

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:12 AM
zag, wah, you are good! The problem is I did not stop to check when car got hit and now, I do not know which tree hit me!
Kiasu,

my friend had a similar incident along Bukit Timah Road when his Volvo S60 was damaged by a falling branch and National Parks paid off part of his costs, but not the entire sum as they found it to be too high. In that case, could be because National Parks could not find the tree my friend referred to.

As for the dent job, why not consider some of the workshops that BM owners visit, instead of going to PML. You can try this shop called Sin Wee Chuan and look for Mike. As for his contact, pls visit BMW-SG forum and look under the workshop folder. He has a good reputation for colour matching. No harm getting a quote from him.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Members

Tt67, thanks for the contact. Outside quote is less than $300 but I am scared they cannot do the job properly and PML said outside shops do not have the water based paint.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Members

T67, thanks for the contact. Outside quote is less than $300 but I am scared they cannot do the job properly and PML said outside shops do not have the water based paint.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:11 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Sep 3 2004, 03:29 PM
T67, thanks for the contact. Outside quote is less than $300 but I am scared they cannot do the job properly and PML said outside shops do not have the water based paint.
PML is expensive almost double, however for the premiun you pay, you can insist and ensure they do the job to your satisfaction ie. one can't tell it has been reworked. Yes, PML use water based paint. so they said!

For your case, i think you have to respray the whole boot. is that right?

could you post a pic of the damage?

First dent is always the most painful! :'
( I had couple of them now. One can be PDR but the other maybe not. )
Old 09-03-2004, 02:06 AM
Members

zag, yes, PML told me workmanship is under warranty. The whole boot has to be resprayed. Changing the boot lid cost $2k in total. So, $600 is ok. I took some photos but the dent does not show clearly due to the colour of my car (sapphire black). I already booked the date to send in car.

My left side skirting also got lots of scratches. I am waiting for the M5 skirting to replace the current one.

Once again, thanks for your comments.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Senior Members

kiasu i will respray whole boot if i were in ur shoes. if u fo only on affected area...it will fade in 6mths...n u will c a patch especially if not done properly...air bublles can devt as well....just pml the bugger la...i buy u coffee to help ease ur pain la..

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans