E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E-Sixty' date='Dec 9 2004, 03:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Any one did the successfully installed MP3 option from PML on the E60 ? <_<? They collected 50% deposit, drag me for 2 months because they don't have the software, then now come back to say the option cannot be installed and ask me to take everything out again.
[snapback]66901[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty,

I've got the same problem, according the folks on this forum, we're hoping that with those with the Professional Radio option installed can still get MP3 playback in March 05. Apparently BMW is working on a software upgrade for this.

According to BMW Asia, the regular BMW Business radio doesn't use a CD-ROM drive but just a regular music CD player. The CD-ROM drive only comes with the professional radio option. With CD-ROMs so cheap nowadays, I can't understand why they don't just put them in all E60. whatever the radio option. Oh well....

If ever we can get MP3 playback, I bet it'll be possible to just replace our CD players with CD-ROM...but I think before that happends, we'll all be happily using our Ipods in the E60 via aftermarkets products be it via the Aux Input retrofit or some other thing....

eggz
Old 12-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Dec 9 2004, 06:36 PM
Not many responded to the GTG on 19 Dec, perhaps most cannot make it? So far only Edlee, Olivin and myself okayed. Did I miss out anyone? People, please state your preference so that its easier for everyone.

Alternatively we can have it on the following Sunday, 26 Dec, together with the BMW.SG comrades at Kallang carpark.

I am ok on either dates.

19 Dec: Edlee, Olivin, tategoi

26 Dec: tategoi
[snapback]67273[/snapback]

Guys, I'm ok for the 19th and 26th also.

eggz
Old 12-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Members

Here we go again...

Name:  cartman.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  2.6 KB
Old 12-10-2004, 01:47 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Dec 10 2004, 08:36 AM
Not many responded to the GTG on 19 Dec, perhaps most cannot make it? So far only Edlee, Olivin and myself okayed. Did I miss out anyone? People, please state your preference so that its easier for everyone.

Alternatively we can have it on the following Sunday, 26 Dec, together with the BMW.SG comrades at Kallang carpark.

I am ok on either dates.

19 Dec: Edlee, Olivin, tategoi

26 Dec: tategoi
[snapback]67273[/snapback]

I will pencil down for Dec 19!
Dec 26 'll be out of town.
Cool suggestion by Edlee to chat over snack and watching the car line up.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

Hi Olivin. Tried the slope test. Mine doesn't slide backwards, so I don't think this is the prob.

Guys, anyone come up with an idea on the windscreen/bumper sticker yet? Why don't we each come up with one (even if its a skecth on an A4 pce of paper) and we debate over it during the meet?

Looks like there's no objection to the location I mentioned. I will find out the exact name and address of the shop and we can plan to meet there.

I'll try to get Russell there so that he can respond to our proposals (for the E60 thingy) - if its okay with you guys. Lets get this thing up and running - pronto!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 05:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Dec 10 2004, 12:18 PM
[quote name='E-Sixty' date='Dec 9 2004, 03:50 AM']Hi Everyone,

Any one did the successfully installed MP3 option from PML on the E60 ? <_<? They collected 50% deposit, drag me for 2 months because they don't have the software, then now come back to say the option cannot be installed and ask me to take everything out again.
[snapback]66901[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty,

I've got the same problem, according the folks on this forum, we're hoping that with those with the Professional Radio option installed can still get MP3 playback in March 05. Apparently BMW is working on a software upgrade for this.

According to BMW Asia, the regular BMW Business radio doesn't use a CD-ROM drive but just a regular music CD player. The CD-ROM drive only comes with the professional radio option. With CD-ROMs so cheap nowadays, I can't understand why they don't just put them in all E60. whatever the radio option. Oh well....

If ever we can get MP3 playback, I bet it'll be possible to just replace our CD players with CD-ROM...but I think before that happends, we'll all be happily using our Ipods in the E60 via aftermarkets products be it via the Aux Input retrofit or some other thing....

eggz
[snapback]67334[/snapback]
[/quote]

I actually already got the CD-ROM installed :'( Somehow, the parts guys thought that it was a easy job, replace the CD Player with a CD-ROM and upgrade the software. But unfortunately, no software yet and now, the SA asked me to go back and uninstall the CD-ROM to put back the CD Player. I wasted so much time because PML was incompetent, or simply too lazy to find out the facts before selling aftermarket parts. What should I do ?
Old 12-11-2004, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Wow, what a screw up. Thats PML for you!!! I just sent a long luv letter to my SA regarding the job they did on my E46 - 320 and my having to wait for a loaner before I can send in my E60. Makes for a nice toilet read, but I really meant whatever I wrote. Will not disclose the contents over the net but it was not pleasant.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E-Sixty' date='Dec 11 2004, 08:32 AM
I actually already got the CD-ROM installed? :'(? Somehow, the parts guys thought that it was a easy job, replace the CD Player with a CD-ROM and upgrade the software. But unfortunately, no software yet and now, the SA asked me to go back and uninstall the CD-ROM to put back the CD Player. ? I wasted so much time because PML was incompetent, or simply too lazy to find out the facts before selling aftermarket parts. What should I do ??
[snapback]67811[/snapback]
Why did they ask you to "uninstall" the CD-ROM? was it causing problems? Can't you just leave the CD-ROM and wait for the software to become available?

eggz
Old 12-14-2004, 04:58 AM

Guys, can we confirm the GTG this Sunday, 19 Dec at 4PM? Edlee, is this the place you are referring to? Its either on the left or right side of the star. In either case, turn into Cactus Rd and find a lot to park.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

Lightbulb

Its on the left of the star. The place is known as Seletar Sea-Food Ctr (if I remember correctly) 4.00pm sounds just about right. Just hope the skies don't open up.

I'm booking my ride into Kg Arang tomorrow to fix the little problems I am facing. Hope to get it back by Friday or latest Saturday. The nice letter to the SA helped a great deal. They had better get their act together or else they'll lose plenty of business. Seems the number of Bimmers on the roads here have surpassed the Mercs? If you stand by the roadside and throw three coins at 1 minute intervals, chances are that at least 1 of them will hit a Bimmer. 1 other might get a Merc TAXI by chance. PML must really do something spectacular to keep up with the increase in sales; otherwise this time bomb will blow up in their face and guess who'll be the ones left to suffer???

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans