E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AC kit cost me around SGD 7500 incl installation. I ordered the kit during the promo in August, way before the arrival of my ride.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, E-Sixty !
Old 12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 2 2004, 06:04 AM
Welcome aboard, E-Sixty !
[snapback]63086[/snapback]
thanks Feels so at home already
Old 12-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My first experience with PML post-delivery of my car had been a pleasant one. The creaks on my door had become so unbearable that I decided to pay the East Coast cente a visit. It was just half-hour job and my E60 came back creak-free. No friction tape just some magic sealant. I wonder if anyone of you who had sent the door seal for treatment had seen returning creaks? I hope it could last long.

The SA also advised me to fix an appointment to have my software updated. When I hear this I very scared leh. Its still v13.3 BTW. Zag, any update?
Old 12-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Dec 4 2004, 07:30 PM
My first experience with PML post-delivery of my car had been a pleasant one. The creaks on my door had become so unbearable that I decided to pay the East Coast cente a visit. It was just half-hour job and my E60 came back creak-free. No friction tape just some magic sealant. I wonder if anyone of you who had sent the door seal for treatment had seen returning creaks? I hope it could last long.

The SA also advised me to fix an appointment to have my software updated. When I hear this I very scared leh. Its still v13.3 BTW. Zag, any update?
[snapback]64761[/snapback]
Just did my door seal treatment last week.. so far so good.. however, the East Coast Centre took a whole day to do the treatment even though I made an appointment.. hmmm..
Old 12-05-2004, 03:51 AM
Senior Members

I thought yours is creak-free? Well, I went there 45 minutes before it closed on Saturday

Let me correct myself, I just realised earlier that there is indeed anti-friction tape along the door frame. And someone commented that it lasts 2 months with the tape. We shall see.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

I noticed the squeaky door when mune was just 2 days old. I've had it for 16 days now and am still trying to get used to the squeaks. Anyway the ride outweighs any of the small problems I've had so far. Just can't imagine leaving my ride in there for a day just to fix this squeak. Intending to leave it alone till my first servicing visit or if I really need to send in for some other problem / software updating. Hopefully nothing major comes knocking.

This ride's a real eye catcher. I get the looks everytime I pull up at PML. Russell and my SA get questions like "is this 545 for real?" One other thing I like to do; tailgate Mercs for a couple hundred metres and just pull away from them the moment the road is clear. Cheap thrill but I get a big kick out of it!!!

Can't wait till I've run the car in. I am dying to try out her potential even if its just for once.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Senior Members

Edlee, I was as patient as you when I first got the car. The car was so fun that I just forgave its minor shortcomings. I even declined Russel's offer to help me find the source at his opening But my patience had run out after 10k Km.

I like your Merc encounter, but I only do it to the Merc taxis, they are sometime too professional to break the speed limit
Old 12-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Dec 5 2004, 07:53 AM
I noticed the squeaky door when mune was just 2 days old.? I've had it for 16 days now and am still trying to get used to the squeaks.? Anyway the ride outweighs any of the small problems I've had so far.? Just can't imagine leaving my ride in there for a day just to fix this squeak.? Intending to leave it alone till my first servicing visit or if I really need to send in for some other problem / software updating.? Hopefully nothing major comes knocking.

This ride's a real eye catcher. I get the looks everytime I pull up at PML.? Russell and my SA get questions like "is this 545 for real?"? One other thing I like to do; tailgate Mercs for a couple hundred metres and just pull away from them the moment the road is clear.? Cheap thrill but I get a big kick out of it!!!

Can't wait till I've run the car in.? I am dying to try out her potential even if its just for once.
[snapback]64947[/snapback]

Hi Ed,

If the squeaks really get to you (like they got to me) a temporary measure is to just lower the window of the squeaking door just ever so slightly. It does work.

The other thing you can do is to turn up the ICE volume!

eggz
Old 12-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Hi Tategoi. I've driven enough BMWs to know that they WILL get to you someday soon after delivery. The servicemen at PML will wear out your patience even if the car doesn't. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Grick at PML Kg Arang has been trying to convince me to switch to ACS 19 inch rims; actually he tried the 20s on me but I gave him a definite NO to the 20s. I will never compromise ride comfort because thats when you begin getting bored with your ride.

The 19 inch type 4 does look good with the bodykit, but I have just switched my tyres at SGD 700.00. To lose all that money plus the task of trying to rid my 124 at a reasonable price is really discouraging. I told him to get me a rate of SGD 3500.00 for my current rims & tyres before I buy the ACs.

Lets see what comes along. You'll never know.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans