E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by new owner' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:40 AM
Yes, I try not to rely on the reverse sensor but I find that visibility on the E60 when doing reverse parking to me quite bad, too bulky.? To avoid further bumps and scratches, I am seriously considering the PDC.
[snapback]96941[/snapback]
I am not too sure you can totally eliminate using your judgement. There are cases where people still reverse into stones etc, with PDC too.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Just went to PML site. They have created a new site for the new 3. But one has to call them or register on-line with them in order to proceed, including one's car number plate. What gives?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Oppsss, the gremlin struck again. Those were my posts.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Members

New Owner,

I installed the PDC with PML. It comes with graphics and integrated with idrive. The best investment I made although it cost me $3k to install. With the visual warning, you will not hit the walll.

Originally Posted by new owner' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:40 AM
Yes, I try not to rely on the reverse sensor but I find that visibility on the E60 when doing reverse parking to me quite bad, too bulky.? To avoid further bumps and scratches, I am seriously considering the PDC.
[snapback]96941[/snapback]
Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Dec 20 2003, 09:43 AM
Hi 520i, good morning! I read somewhere that the E60 can read the road condition and if the road is wet and when the car goes over a puddle of water, the steering stiffens and the road grip increases. I hope the car does not evolve into one of those machines in Terminator or Matrix Revolution and we owners of E60 become their slaves. Hahaha! Any way, clocked another 30 km and let me tell you this - the more you drive the car, the better it feels! Not matter what people say about its look, the dynamics of this car is simply terrific and the drive feel is nothing that I have experienced before in a BMW.?
[snapback]1927[/snapback]
true...really miss the 7series graphics PDC and GPS. maybe i shall save it for the 6...
Old 03-04-2005, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by dindae520i' date='Mar 3 2005, 11:42 PM
[quote name='E-Sixty' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:25 PM']Well my question to you is then how do you compare the sound volume level of the ipod(with your connection to the Belkin unit) to the CDs? Does the CD still sound louder ? How about the sound quality ? Does the CD sound better or the ipod with the same sound track. ??

Thanks
[snapback]96919[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty,
Since I am using the LINE OUT from the iPod via the Belkin unit, I do not have problem with the levels. There is an amplifier gain control on the base of this unit to match the levels between your iPod and your head unit. I think the iPaq only has headphone out. The problem, I think, lies here. As for the quality between the CD and the AUX Input, I do not hear any differences, mainly because all my material that is on my iPOD is uncompressed audio. I do not use MP3s at all. There an audible difference between MP3 audio and CDs. As for the cable between my LINE OUT and the AUX IN, I made my own cable using CANARE cables and AMPHENOL connectors. The Belkin adapter that I am using is listed here.
[snapback]96928[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi dindae520i,

Many thanks for the clear explaination. I'll give the ipod a try then, sounds like it's a workable alternative music source. I also find now that the standard music system lacks bass and power. Any recommendation on a value for money setup ? Do I need to change the stock speakers to aftermarkets ? Or additional amps to drive individual pairs are sufficient ? I think a sub-wof is a must, but where to put them ? I use to have a external box unit that I place in my previous car, but the E60 cabin sound insulation is so good that it'll render them useless. Your thought ?

Regards.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 4 2005, 11:39 PM
[quote name='dindae520i' date='Mar 3 2005, 11:42 PM'][quote name='E-Sixty' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:25 PM']Well my question to you is then how do you compare the sound volume level of the ipod(with your connection to the Belkin unit) to the CDs? Does the CD still sound louder ? How about the sound quality ? Does the CD sound better or the ipod with the same sound track. ??

Thanks
[snapback]96919[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty,
Since I am using the LINE OUT from the iPod via the Belkin unit, I do not have problem with the levels. There is an amplifier gain control on the base of this unit to match the levels between your iPod and your head unit. I think the iPaq only has headphone out. The problem, I think, lies here. As for the quality between the CD and the AUX Input, I do not hear any differences, mainly because all my material that is on my iPOD is uncompressed audio. I do not use MP3s at all. There an audible difference between MP3 audio and CDs. As for the cable between my LINE OUT and the AUX IN, I made my own cable using CANARE cables and AMPHENOL connectors. The Belkin adapter that I am using is listed here.
[snapback]96928[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi dindae520i,

Many thanks for the clear explaination. I'll give the ipod a try then, sounds like it's a workable alternative music source. I also find now that the standard music system lacks bass and power. Any recommendation on a value for money setup ? Do I need to change the stock speakers to aftermarkets ? Or additional amps to drive individual pairs are sufficient ? I think a sub-wof is a must, but where to put them ? I use to have a external box unit that I place in my previous car, but the E60 cabin sound insulation is so good that it'll render them useless. Your thought ?

Regards.
[snapback]97147[/snapback]
[/quote]

It'd me E-Sixty, oops...forgot to login before reply.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

This afternoon while driving in the Temasek tower car park, I suddenly heard very soft clicking sound when I turn my steering wheel. It is very consistent now. I played with the positioning up/down, in/out, all the same. Any of you has it issue?

Need to go dig out this particular thread in the forum to read in detail now.

My issues so far:
1. Driver's window 50% of time will not go up properly (seems to be getting better; could be some cleaning will do)
2. The driver seat giving soft knocking sound.
3. Air-con stinks a bit ...
4. A grinding CD player; intermittent.
5. Now this consistent clicking steering wheel.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Stranger, for the driver's seat, your seat rails could be faulty. Get PML to replace them. Same happened to me and after replacement, there was no more noise. As for aircon, I think we discussed this some time ago at Russo's place. You need to send your ride in to have PML clean it up and follow the procedures that were discussed previously to avoid future recurrences. Sorry I can't answer you about the other points but check with your SA.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Mar 5 2005, 02:49 AM
This afternoon while driving in the Temasek tower car park, I suddenly heard very soft clicking sound when I turn my steering wheel. It is very consistent now. I played with the? positioning up/down, in/out, all the same. Any of you has it issue?

Need to go dig out this particular thread in the forum to read in detail now.

My issues so far:
1. Driver's window 50% of time will not go up properly (seems to be getting better; could be some cleaning will do)
2. The driver seat giving soft knocking sound.
3. Air-con stinks a bit ...
4. A grinding CD player; intermittent.
5. Now this consistent clicking steering wheel.

[snapback]97479[/snapback]

a/c smell....was a thread somewhere....pml will not b able to kill it for long periods. go to bmw.sg forum n u will c it happens to all bmws...from m3s to 7s. best method so far? on the heater n while u hv a cup of coffee...after 20mins...ur smell is gone...the heat will kill the mould in the system. do it all the time....never fails.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans