E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:06 PM
Hi Zag.? What about the trip to Malacca that Russo proposed?
[snapback]96540[/snapback]

I'm sure we could clear some carbon from the trip. We could have the gathering there then come back. It'll be great fun. I need a concrete head count so I can make the nessesary arrangements. Anyone?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' date='Mar 3 2005, 10:59 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:06 PM']Hi Zag.? What about the trip to Malacca that Russo proposed?
[snapback]96540[/snapback]

I'm sure we could clear some carbon from the trip. We could have the gathering there then come back. It'll be great fun. I need a concrete head count so I can make the nessesary arrangements. Anyone?
[snapback]96583[/snapback]
[/quote]

Too early for me Hate to wake up earlier on a holiday.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I could be heading to fraser hill on 25th. (leaving here on 24th night). So looks like no go for me either.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dindae520i' date='Mar 2 2005, 04:48 PM
[quote name='eggz' date='Mar 1 2005, 10:09 PM']Sound is decent, but the volume levels are low. Dindae do find this with yours as well? When I adjust the volume and then go back to CD or FM, it's real loud!? :'( . Anyway, think I get one of those new 6GB IPOD minis this weekend?

eggz
[snapback]95587[/snapback]
Hi Eggz,

Congrats on the new addition!!! Dying to check it out at our next meet. Anyway, as you saw on my E60, I am using the LINE OUT via the Belkin adapter to send the signal into the AUX IN. I do not use the headphones out. If you are using the headphones out of your MP3 unit, then you have to set the levels from there. Make sure that it is not set too loud to avoid a distorted signal. I have no problems with the levels between my sources this way.

Fill us in on how it goes, otherwise, just get an iPod and connect it via the line out. Good luck!
[snapback]95945[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi dindae520i,

Just got my AUX fitted and tried with an IPAQ (temp till I get it the new ipod 6G, I faced the same issue as eggz, volume levels are lower compared to CDs. Even if I max out my IPAQ, I still get volume levels lower than that on the CDs, sound quality is also not as good as the CDs. You might think that the quality of the MP3 is the problem, but I used that same MP3 to burn into Music CDs and insert them into the CD Player in the car and they sound much better !!. I am assuming the IPAQ's the problem, maybe they are not as good an MP3 player at the ipod ?? :'(
Or is the AUX connection the problem as it's an 3.5mm jack compared to the optical connection with the CD Player in the car.

Well my question to you is then how do you compare the sound volume level of the ipod(with your connection to the Belkin unit) to the CDs? Does the CD still sound louder ? How about the sound quality ? Does the CD sound better or the ipod with the same sound track. ??

Thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by E-Sixty' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:25 PM
Well my question to you is then how do you compare the sound volume level of the ipod(with your connection to the Belkin unit) to the CDs? Does the CD still sound louder ? How about the sound quality ? Does the CD sound better or the ipod with the same sound track. ??

Thanks
[snapback]96919[/snapback]
Hi E-Sixty,
Since I am using the LINE OUT from the iPod via the Belkin unit, I do not have problem with the levels. There is an amplifier gain control on the base of this unit to match the levels between your iPod and your head unit. I think the iPaq only has headphone out. The problem, I think, lies here. As for the quality between the CD and the AUX Input, I do not hear any differences, mainly because all my material that is on my iPOD is uncompressed audio. I do not use MP3s at all. There an audible difference between MP3 audio and CDs. As for the cable between my LINE OUT and the AUX IN, I made my own cable using CANARE cables and AMPHENOL connectors. The Belkin adapter that I am using is listed here.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dindae520i' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:42 PM
As for the quality between the CD and the AUX Input, I do not hear any differences, mainly because all my material that is on my iPOD is uncompressed audio. I do not use MP3s at all.
[snapback]96928[/snapback]
Typically what the file size of MP3 and uncompressed Audio?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Mar 3 2005, 11:45 PM
[quote name='dindae520i' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:42 PM']As for the quality between the CD and the AUX Input, I do not hear any differences, mainly because all my material that is on my iPOD is uncompressed audio. I do not use MP3s at all.
[snapback]96928[/snapback]
Typically what the file size of MP3 and uncompressed Audio?
[snapback]96929[/snapback]
[/quote]

It depends. 10X is not unreasonable.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

I got a PDC thrown in FOC by the sales person a day after I got my car. The installation was done at a shop near Zion Road. The PDC is driving me nuts as it beeps when I reverse the car and I can't guage if I am near anything at all. Just last week, I reversed and nicked the rear bumper because I thought I still had some distance to go since the PDC was silent ! :'( Anyone have the same problem ?

I am seriously thinking of having PMC install their PDC. <_< I had one in my E46 and it was very reliable. Did anyone install the PDC on their E60 with PMC ? Is their PDC anygood ?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by new owner' date='Mar 4 2005, 12:25 AM
I got a PDC thrown in FOC by the sales person a day after I got my car.? The installation was done at? a shop near Zion Road.? The PDC is driving me nuts as it beeps when I reverse the car and I can't guage if I am near anything at all.? Just last week, I reversed and nicked the rear bumper because I thought I still had some distance to go since the PDC was silent !? :'( Anyone have the same problem ?

I am seriously thinking of having PMC install their PDC.? <_<? I had one in my E46 and it was very reliable.? Did anyone install the PDC on their E60 with PMC ? Is their PDC anygood ?
[snapback]96937[/snapback]
There is one thread currently running now talking about PDC.

I think you got the same after market reverse sensors as mine. Mine has been ok. It's the same with all, need to calibrate a bit. I actually find that I still rely on my own judgement a lot of times. Guess it's a habit ...
Old 03-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 520i, titanium silver, Jan 2005, Vicool Premier Package

Yes, I try not to rely on the reverse sensor but I find that visibility on the E60 when doing reverse parking to me quite bad, too bulky. To avoid further bumps and scratches, I am seriously considering the PDC.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans