E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

How can they possibly take the shot through the vertical bars? Maybe they are too lazy to even stand up. Heck, there is even a black umbrella in the background to setup when the sun comes out!!! Police good life leh.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Members

Hello guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that PML is finally willing to retrofit E60s with Professional Navigation for Singapore. However the current price is SGD10,180/-. Logically speaking I do not think $10K for GPS makes any good financial sense at all. My question to PML is why didn't they allow me to order the navigation option when I booked my car in the first place, given it is a matter time before the map content was ready. Guess I was too naive to question this then.

I'm not sure what the price is when ordering it directly from BMW and then paying PML for the 2 mandays of necessary labour.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Amethyst525iA' date='May 11 2005, 10:53 PM
Hello guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that PML is finally willing to retrofit E60s with Professional Navigation for Singapore. However the current price is SGD10,180/-. Logically speaking I do not think $10K for GPS makes any good financial sense at all. My question to PML is why didn't they allow me to order the navigation option when I booked my car in the first place, given it is a matter time before the map content was ready. Guess I was too naive to question this then.

I'm not sure what the price is when ordering it directly from BMW and then paying PML for the 2 mandays of necessary labour.
[snapback]126963[/snapback]

Yes, the retrofit kit was just released from factory. You can special order from your sales person but the prices would have been different when your car reaches the shore. Also, the sales person would prefer you to buy it off the port so they could close the deal sooner?

$10k is quite a fair bit of $ to spend on Sat Nav. You could buy a set of sport rims and tires for that amount with spare change. Components that needs to be replaced are the wider screen monitor, DVD map reader, Control I bus unit, higher version I-drive and some other stuff. Qiuite a lot of work to be done if I say so. If I'm not wrong the complete dash and centre console needs to be removed to install the system.

If you ordered it direct (factory fitted) probably add another $5k$7k topside for that option IMHO. Now no point coz it comes standard I think...
Old 05-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

I was parking my ride this morning and this message appeared.

(sorry for the blurry pix - only camera with me at that time-my mobile phone!)

My immediate response was to check the engine oil - and it's on the upper mark, so it isn't the engine oil.

Next, I was checking for possibly broken gasket and NO, there don't seem to be any sign of leakage.

I decided NOT to drive and call athe 24-hour emergency service, afterall, the message dictate that Engine damage possible and I wouldn't be able to continue driving.

Within 30 mins, the technician came, started the car, look for FAULTS in the iDrive screen and there is NOTHING!

I have driven the car since the incident this morning and covered another 150 kms without incident.

Could this be a false alarm Monday will see my ride with dealer!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:00 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='May 14 2005, 10:50 PM
I was parking my ride this morning and this message appeared.

(sorry for the blurry pix - only camera with me at that time-my mobile phone!)

My immediate response was to check the engine oil - and it's on the upper mark, so it isn't the engine oil.

Next, I was checking for possibly broken gasket and NO, there don't seem to be any sign of leakage.

I decided NOT to drive and call athe 24-hour emergency service, afterall, the message dictate that Engine damage possible and I wouldn't be able to continue driving.

Within 30 mins, the technician came, started the car, look for FAULTS in the iDrive screen and there is NOTHING!

I have driven the car since the incident this morning and covered another 150 kms without incident.

Could this be a false alarm? Monday will see my ride with dealer!
[snapback]128433[/snapback]
Olivin, I thought i related this same experience on my ride on our last meet up, it happened to me the saturday night before the get together.
Alarm message appeared for low oil pressure, 10 minutes later disappeared after roadside emergency was summoned. PML chap came, checked here check there no problem. False alarm!
Happened again a week later but only one time which went away after I restart the engine.
According to CSA, probably need to bring in the car to check the coding to make sure the sensor is recalibrated or something. I think it is the software 16.2 we upgraded to.

Looks like our cars are identical twins... don't you think?
if it happened to me, it is going to happen to yours...
Old 05-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

Question: Is oil Pressure the same as oil Level?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

I was given the impression that when Engine oil level is low, pressure is correspondingly low - at least that was what the emergency service guy checked first when he reach my car.

I was telling him that only the 520i has the problem of engine oil getting low after every 8000 or so km, but I have not encountered the need to top up.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='May 14 2005, 11:00 AM
Olivin, I thought i related this same experience on my ride on our last meet up, it happened to me the saturday night before the get together.
Alarm message appeared for low oil pressure, 10 minutes later disappeared after roadside emergency was summoned. PML chap came, checked here check there no problem. False alarm!
Happened again a week later but only one time which went away after I restart the engine.
According to CSA, probably need to bring in the car to check the coding to make sure the sensor is recalibrated or something. I think it is the software 16.2 we upgraded to.

Looks like our cars are identical twins... don't you think??
if it happened to me, it is going to happen to yours...?
[snapback]128475[/snapback]
Zag,

You are right pal. Me think our rides are identical twins. First batch, free DD, 123 rims, cupping tires and god knows what else.......

Have you got your ride re-coded for this "fault"? You may be right to point the culprit to CIP 16.2. Wondering if anybody else got his shock?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' date='May 15 2005, 09:10 AM
Question: Is oil Pressure the same as oil Level?
[snapback]128613[/snapback]
Different. When I was asked to top up oil at 8k, the message did not mention about low oil pressure. It went something like OIL LEVEL LOW, PLEASE TOP UP 1L.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:18 AM
Senior Members

Tategoi, you are right to point the difference.

The last time my ride was in PML, I got a 520i loaner and the 2nd day the Engine Oil Low warning appeared and the dip stick showed the engine oil was indeed low - on the lower mark that is. Drove the loaner in and they top it up and CSA confirmed that this happens only to 520is - he said that it is mentioned somewhere in the owner's handbook which I might have not noticed.

All said, at least, the warning didn't say you should not continue with your journey but mine did and I believe so did Zag's.

I will call the CSA tomorrow and put my ride in if necessary - will report any new findings. Cheers

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans