E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Mar 1 2005, 10:23 PM
Just to add. Bluetooth pairing is real fast. It takes all of about 10 - 15 seconds?

Oh, I got the 15.2 software upgrade with the dreaded warning message in the beginning. Oh well...just have to live with it I guess.
[snapback]95593[/snapback]
Hi eggz,

Thanks for the update. I am fitting the aux on thurs, still thinking abt the bluetooth. Still yet to have feedback from any pocket pc phone users who have been successful. Anybody ? Maybe eggz can let me try with my ppc phone then
Old 03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
lmk
Contributors

Aux input works as expected. I don't have an Ipod and just used a pocket PC to play MP3s. Sound is decent, but the volume levels are low. Dindae do find this with yours as well? When I adjust the volume and then go back to CD or FM, it's real loud! :'( . Anyway, think I get one of those new 6GB IPOD minis this weekend

eggz
[snapback]95587[/snapback]
[/quote]

just send in my car this morning for the aux retrofit. CSR told me he wil have the software updated to 15.2 but this will more than a day. sigh!

saw the 645 on display, fell in love...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

how much is the aux retrofit?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Mar 1 2005, 10:09 PM
Sound is decent, but the volume levels are low. Dindae do find this with yours as well? When I adjust the volume and then go back to CD or FM, it's real loud!? :'( . Anyway, think I get one of those new 6GB IPOD minis this weekend?

eggz
[snapback]95587[/snapback]
Hi Eggz,

Congrats on the new addition!!! Dying to check it out at our next meet. Anyway, as you saw on my E60, I am using the LINE OUT via the Belkin adapter to send the signal into the AUX IN. I do not use the headphones out. If you are using the headphones out of your MP3 unit, then you have to set the levels from there. Make sure that it is not set too loud to avoid a distorted signal. I have no problems with the levels between my sources this way.

Fill us in on how it goes, otherwise, just get an iPod and connect it via the line out. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:56 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Thinking of proposing another "E60 sg get-together" this month since we have had a few new owners here from sg. We need to get more than 6 cars this next meet up!

Can you guys drop me your leisure e-mail address to my address at zagatoe@yahoo.com so we can get a consolidated mailing list for easy communication outside this forum?

Email address will be used for e60 comm only therefore i suggest you used you regular leisure email add.

cheers
Old 03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by zag' date='Mar 2 2005, 07:56 PM
Thinking of proposing another "E60 sg get-together" this month since we have had a few new owners here from sg. We need to get more than 6 cars this next meet up!

Can you guys drop me your leisure e-mail address to my address at zagatoe@yahoo.com so we can get a consolidated mailing list for easy communication outside this forum?

Email address will be used for e60 comm only therefore i suggest you used you regular leisure email add.

cheers
[snapback]95969[/snapback]

Olivin530; Stranger; totoseow; eggz your got mail.
lmk - your email address kept reporting delivery error!

Other sg e60 owners, pls send me your email address so we can get the ball rolling..

edlee/dindae520 this is regarding what you want to do in the last meetup!
perhaps those ideas can be better discuss out of here i think therefore the mailing list.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zag' date='Mar 3 2005, 06:55 AM
[quote name='zag' date='Mar 2 2005, 07:56 PM']Thinking of proposing another "E60 sg get-together" this month since we have had a few new owners here from sg. We need to get more than 6 cars this next meet up!

cheers
[snapback]95969[/snapback]

Olivin530; Stranger; totoseow; eggz your got mail.

Other sg e60 owners, pls send me your email address so we can get the ball rolling..

edlee/dindae520 this is regarding what you want to do in the last meetup!
perhaps those ideas can be better discuss out of here i think therefore the mailing list.
[snapback]96429[/snapback]
[/quote]

zag,
Any chance of adding me to the mailing list too???
Thanks
bmw530
Old 03-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

Hi Zag. What about the trip to Malacca that Russo proposed?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:37 AM
lmk
Contributors

sorry, please put ".sg" at the back of my email address
Old 03-03-2005, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by lmk' date='Mar 3 2005, 08:37 AM

sorry, please put? ".sg" at the back of my email address
[snapback]96548[/snapback]
just to update:

got my car back today.

1. software updated to 15.2, have to click "accept" before i can see the idrive working.
2. Aux works nicely, but lacked of bass compared to a direct connection to the ADS amp.
3. the CSR asked a few questions about my installation of my ICE. told him i install a 6" speakers on the door panel. He asked me wether i need them to do a check whether the air bags are properly installed for a charge. i obliged as i think no one knows better than a BMW centre. cost 83.00 sgd
4. he warned me that actually this can void the warranty if it affects the car components. i nodded my head. also told me a story about one of his customers installed a PDC by an unauthorised installer, later, they found that the system interferred with the car electronics and in turns damaged the gearbox controller. no warranty was accepted. cost 8000usd. age of car, 1 year old.
5. tested the sound while driving, boosted the low frequency a little, sounded good on my ipod photo.
6. maybe it's me, the steering is a little stiff. both highway and low speed.
7. engine starts smoother, no more jerky first and second gear.
8. idling also a little higher, no trace of back slide on a slope. hold the car nicely.
9. aircon control no more auto, no show of ventilation on normal screen display.
10. best of all, the car runs as sweet as before and smooth as silk.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans