E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spent the weekend thinking of what it might have been if I had sports suspension. Spoke with a few people, one of them my good friend Russell from Carmen (he's ex-pml CSA) and he insisted that I should get the sports set-up.

Oh well, went in to PML this morning and insisted. Miracles do happen. They will now fit the sports suspension for me. The downside is that I will now have to wait a little longer for my car as they will have to re-set the queue. As far as I am conserned, its okay even if I have to wait an additional month; so long as I get whatever is right.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:13 AM
JDN
Contributors

Edlee, it is much better to get what you want. Some of us waited six months to get what we wanted.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

Hi All,

Was at PML today and chatted with Parts Dept's Brandon on BT retro-fit. He was telling me that they are still not sure as to try on a customer's car less they bungle it up. I however heard that one retro-fit kit is been tried on somebody's car but can't confirm it at this stage.

He however confirmed that PDC can now be retro-fitted successfully (they have tried on a few cars) after so many 520s owners haggling .
Old 08-30-2004, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totoseow and all,

Got my flight booked. Will be in Singapore from the 18th September until the 30th.
So any chance of a small E60 gathering sometime during that time? OK with you guys???

Anyway don't want to tell the whole world my full details, so maybe I'll email totoseow via this forum in the next few days. <_<

Hope to see you guys soon.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

Oh GOD!!! Not another one from the UK!!! Just joking. You guys drink like there's no tomorrow. My associate from the UK was here last month for 2 weeks; my family did not get to see me for the whole 14 days. Had to grab a cab home everyday without fail - in the wee hours of the morning. Mind you; he does this once every year.

Will you be here on a business trip? Anyone else (family or associates) coming along? Need any assistance with hotel reservations, etc? Just drop us a line in this forum and I am sure some of us can assist.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 30 2004, 05:40 PM
Oh GOD!!!? Not another one from the UK!!!? Just joking.? You guys drink like there's no tomorrow.? My associate from the UK was here last month for 2 weeks; my family did not get to see me for the whole 14 days.? Had to grab a cab home everyday without fail - in the wee hours of the morning.? Mind you; he does this once every year.

Will you be here on a business trip?? Anyone else? (family or associates) coming along?? Need any assistance with hotel reservations, etc?? Just drop us a line in this forum and I am sure some of us can assist.
Edlee,

Thanks for the offer but I'll be making my own reservations as I'll be staying in my usual hotel in Orchard Road. If I remember correctly I may have mentioned in this post (somewhere in the 75+ pages) that I visit Singapore once or twice a year. Not on a buisness trip. Only for a holiday and to meet up with friends and a few relatives. I haven't mentioned yet but I guess I should now, I'm a 'BBC' (British Born Chinese), so not a big drinker!!! So no late nights in the bars over there. Guess this might be a surprise to some people on this forum.

Thanks again and hope to meet up soon to expand our knowledge of the E60. I find it strange at times that the E60 in Singapore appears to be similar to US spec rather than UK spec even though it makes more sense to be UK spec as its right hand drive. e.g. no acceptance screen on the i-drive over here.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

email me..totoseow@yahoo.com
Old 08-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Members

I am thinking of retrofitting the PDC for rear bumper only because I kept bumping into wall when I reverse park.

Any one has done it and how much it cost?

And what is your experience with the PDC? Is it useful or do you find it annoying?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Aug 31 2004, 11:19 AM
I am thinking of retrofitting the PDC for rear bumper only because I kept bumping into wall when I reverse park.

Any one has done it and how much it cost?

And what is your experience with the PDC? Is it useful or do you find it annoying?

Thanks.
Threads on same topic.. mainly after market ones...!
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=969

the e60 body is big and the pdc takes away alot of the guesswork. I think to me it is a must have.

Have you checked with PML if retrofit is now avaiable? BMW original could be an intricate work linking to i-drive display and alarm chimes that are linked to the hi-fi speakers correspondingly to each sensors.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Members

zag, thanks for the help. I feel safer with the BMW original PDC retrofit. Called PML today but was told by parts dept no available yet and don;t know when available. Also, they do not know how much it will cost but I think judging from price of PDC retrofitt for E39, it will be about $1500 for rear bumper only and more than $3000 for both from and rear. I do not need front PDC only back, so willing to spend about $1500 for the retrofitt. I scared that aftermarket product may spoil the car and not reliable.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans