E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304854' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:35 AM
if you see me there, means you are also Solitaire right?
i also see bugaboo there in the lounge what...
I didn't work at NKF... did you?

Company only allow Raffles Class... But I usually do my own hols with my "CFO/COO" on First... but only when it has the SkySuite... i.e. the 747-400s... really get a good sleep with those duvet covered beds...but need to pre-book my XL sized Givenchy sleepers...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304864' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:48 AM
First test drive report for the Garmin Sing/JB Map v2 SD compared with MalSingMap.

Strengths:

- More POI and with full address and tel num

- Can search by address in two steps (block number/house number + street name)

Weaknesses:

- Routing table has errors and once you install it together with MalSingMap, all street/routing uses Garmin. MalSingMap is only reduced to POIs.

- When I testdrove it for 60km last night, from Novena to PIE to KJE to BKE to Mandai to SLE to CTE and home, many a times my icon shows that I am "in the sea" or in a patch of green... forest?".

- A couple of times the map suddenly "zoomed out" all the way showing me in a patch of land next to "South China Sea"... the car icon was as big as Singapore island... (my settings was set to "normal view - 3D"). Never had this problem with MalSingMaps.

- I went to ICA today and at the junction of Kallang Road/Lavendar just before ICA, I took these snapshots by activating and deactivating the Garmin maps (i.e. when deactivated, it reverts to MalSingMaps). I seem to like the MalSingMaps better. It shows more information such as the Public Carpark at ICA and Crawford Bridge...

- When routing... especially after having gone up the ramp and already on the expressways.. it still shows the car "floating at the side of the road"...

- all my Traffic camera POIs disappeared...

Verdict: I am not so sure if we want to spend $300 to get the address search alone... and then turn it off to let MalSingMap take on the routing etc... Maybe we should keep our $13 street directory just so that we can put a new "favourite spot" on the place we are trying to get to....?

Special thanks to Spruce202 for lending me his $360 Garmin Map...
Malsingmaps has lesser errors, agreed.
unless the mappers or one of us can find a way to allow the Nuvi to identify the malsingmap as a "map".
We cannot do much to address search. only limited to POI.
i believe some coding will do the job.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:58 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304867' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:53 AM
I didn't work at NKF... did you?
i told you, my new found job is SM
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM
lmk
Contributors

Bro ed,

one thing i forget to mention on saturday. i noticed new shoes on your 545, what was the damage? damn nice leh.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304868' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:57 AM
Malsingmaps has lesser errors, agreed.
unless the mappers or one of us can find a way to allow the Nuvi to identify the malsingmap as a "map".
We cannot do much to address search. only limited to POI.
i believe some coding will do the job.
Could we all just contribute say $50 each to the Coder and incentize them to come up with a quicker solution?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304884' date='Jun 29 2006, 12:34 PM
Could we all just contribute say $50 each to the Coder and incentize them to come up with a quicker solution?
wa! you use $$$ to move things ah???
i doubt they take it la.
they did it for interests not for $$$.
i am sure these guys are working on it liao. be patient la.
But if they on, i dun mind contributing.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='304863' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:47 AM
Was that what the sales person told you at PML? Damn those loosers really... no back bones at all.
I think the real reason is profit margin. with AFS no PDC vice versa.

AFS and DD w/sport suspension = e60 feels like small car.
Ya lor, the sales person who have worked in PML for 20+ years. The best part was that when he I collected my new car and during the familiarisation, I asked about the DTC button, you know what was his answer? He said " Orh this one ah...., just leave it alone, without further explanation.

Prior to buying the E60,I have read the preview of the test car for the first 500 miles. That car was packed with so many features like active steering, dd, active headlights,PDC, HUD etc....
Didn't know the stock car only come with PDC.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304864' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:48 AM
Attachment 21165Attachment 21166Attachment 21167Attachment 21168First test drive report for the Garmin Sing/JB Map v2 SD compared with MalSingMap.

Strengths:

- More POI and with full address and tel num

- Can search by address in two steps (block number/house number + street name)

Weaknesses:

- Routing table has errors and once you install it together with MalSingMap, all street/routing uses Garmin. MalSingMap is only reduced to POIs.

- When I testdrove it for 60km last night, from Novena to PIE to KJE to BKE to Mandai to SLE to CTE and home, many a times my icon shows that I am "in the sea" or in a patch of green... forest?".

- A couple of times the map suddenly "zoomed out" all the way showing me in a patch of land next to "South China Sea"... the car icon was as big as Singapore island... (my settings was set to "normal view - 3D"). Never had this problem with MalSingMaps.

- I went to ICA today and at the junction of Kallang Road/Lavendar just before ICA, I took these snapshots by activating and deactivating the Garmin maps (i.e. when deactivated, it reverts to MalSingMaps). I seem to like the MalSingMaps better. It shows more information such as the Public Carpark at ICA and Crawford Bridge...

- When routing... especially after having gone up the ramp and already on the expressways.. it still shows the car "floating at the side of the road"...

- all my Traffic camera POIs disappeared...

Verdict: I am not so sure if we want to spend $300 to get the address search alone... and then turn it off to let MalSingMap take on the routing etc... Maybe we should keep our $13 street directory just so that we can put a new "favourite spot" on the place we are trying to get to....?

Special thanks to Spruce202 for lending me his $360 Garmin Map...
RSLK,

To be honest, I've tried both map on my C320 but don't encounter the problem like you have mentioned leh?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304819' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:10 AM
i think the promo for IMF meeting is still on, purchase now loan the 7 ride to them for 2 weeks or so, they refund 20K cash. Unlike the Aerospace, all options will be spec'ed by you and the price is very attractive.
I was quoted an IMF car. If I'm not wrong, a 730 LWB is 228.00 before loan discounts. They spec the car to IMF requirements and you cannot add anything more. The only diff between these and the Aerospace cars is that you drive the car away BRAND NEW. They will collect from you once the IMF gets underway.

Also, just to mention, the car comes without DD which CANNOT be retrofitted. An E65 w/out DD is like the old STC bus. There will be plenty of body roll; its not good at all.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='304890' date='Jun 29 2006, 12:45 PM
Ya lor, the sales person who have worked in PML for 20+ years. The best part was that when he I collected my new car and during the familiarisation, I asked about the DTC button, you know what was his answer? He said " Orh this one ah...., just leave it alone, without further explanation.

Prior to buying the E60,I have read the preview of the test car for the first 500 miles. That car was packed with so many features like active steering, dd, active headlights,PDC, HUD etc....
Didn't know the stock car only come with PDC.
haha! i lagi jia luck!
mine was, if you want your car quick (of course i admit it is my fault) book the 520i now. for the 530i you need to wait longer.
But i found out that actually the 530 will be a longer wait only if i spec?d it with options.
so i ended up not seeing anything options and book the ride even without seeing the actual ride.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans