E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:09 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='304550' date='Jun 29 2006, 12:15 AM
Is $3k a good price for the whole set? I paid more than $7k when new and the installer told me it's worth at least $3k. If any taker, offer me an reasonable price. Else, I might consider install it in my E60 when I get itchy for mod. So far, no urge at all. ANy ideal how much it will cost for installation alone? Swift Motion quite ex for labor.
Perosnally, i think Sm is worth the money lor.
especially if you use gadgets ike 701H or parametric EQ, the RTA tuning is important in my opinion.
The other good tuner is HG. i have RTA in my notebook, maybe we can exchange for service in your spa la!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304467' date='Jun 28 2006, 09:14 PM
yup.
Is that for the Mrs? Cos I was trying to convince mine to get that but she thinks its too big a car... I like the LWB version....
Old 06-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='304539' date='Jun 28 2006, 11:57 PM
hey LMK,

i will be on Pulau Tekong on reservist that whole week
stay in because the botaks are confined

damn!

cannot defer anymore - unless incorporate a company......
Now its CPT (NS) Dr Loke...

Thanks for getting me the Camera. Owe you a drink. Maybe give you business at your Clinic... what's the name/address?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304815' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:03 AM
Is that for the Mrs? Cos I was trying to convince mine to get that but she thinks its too big a car... I like the LWB version....
yes...get the LWB, more room especially good for kids and family.
also good for business that have visitors.
of course the ride will be on the soft side but quiet and comfy.
if you have active steering in your E60, driving the E65 without AS will be like driving a tank. if possible, opt for active steering.
if i do purchase another BMW, i will go for AS despite alot of my racing fanatics friends told me not to for more direct feel and instant reaction. Me no racer, so AS is a must for me now.
i think the promo for IMF meeting is still on, purchase now loan the 7 ride to them for 2 weeks or so, they refund 20K cash. Unlike the Aerospace, all options will be spec'ed by you and the price is very attractive.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304819' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:10 AM
yes...get the LWB, more room especially good for kids and family.
also good for business that have visitors.
of course the ride will be on the soft side but quiet and comfy.
if you have active steering in your E60, driving the E65 without AS will be like driving a tank. if possible, opt for active steering.
if i do purchase another BMW, i will go for AS despite alot of my racing fanatics friends told me not to for more direct feel and instant reaction. Me no racer, so AS is a must for me now.
i think the promo for IMF meeting is still on, purchase now loan the 7 ride to them for 2 weeks or so, they refund 20K cash. Unlike the Aerospace, all options will be spec'ed by you and the price is very attractive.
You are a rich man... E65 and E60 and a home at The Beverly, D9.... but I find it puzzling that your Mrs would want to drive the E65...

If I get the E65.. then I would have to leave this forum... :'( (Just this thought alone would make me stick with an E60)

I love AFS... I almost traded in my current ride for the 523 and stopped at the signature line when AFS was not included... In fact my SLK feels like a tank without AFS and when I do take the E60 out.. I grossly oversteered due to the totally different feel....

AFS is wonderful!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:01 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304831' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:45 AM
You are a rich man... E65 and E60 and a home at The Beverly, D9.... but I find it puzzling that your Mrs would want to drive the E65...

If I get the E65.. then I would have to leave this forum... :'( (Just this thought alone would make me stick with an E60)

I love AFS... I almost traded in my current ride for the 523 and stopped at the signature line when AFS was not included... In fact my SLK feels like a tank without AFS and when I do take the E60 out.. I grossly oversteered due to the totally different feel....

AFS is wonderful!
not me rich la, my FC is. she does not drive, she uses a driver. all men are born poor with all this gadgets available in this world.

Aiya, even if you drive E999, you still come into this forum, we are all friendly people here. But i hope one day if i am driving a Lexus, i will not be kicked out by my firends here.

really, i am spoiled by the Active steering.
although i don't feel it while driving in USA as the roads are wide and even the 7er feel like a dwarf there with all those hummers and SUV giants.

In Singapore, AS is a must!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304833' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:01 AM
not me rich la, my FC is. she does not drive, she uses a driver. all men are born poor with all this gadgets available in this world.

Aiya, even if you drive E999, you still come into this forum, we are all friendly people here. But i hope one day if i am driving a Lexus, i will not be kicked out by my firends here.

really, i am spoiled by the Active steering.
although i don't feel it while driving in USA as the roads are wide and even the 7er feel like a dwarf there with all those hummers and SUV giants.

In Singapore, AS is a must!
Mmmm... What is an "FC"? "Football Club"? "Female Companion i.e. not Wife"?

Can you email me the "SpeedInfo.zip" file to ceo@r-koh.com pls? In the midst of my trying to crack the MalSinMap...it was gone... the original link for Trajet@MalSinMap no longer works...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:12 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304836' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:08 AM
Mmmm... What is an "FC"? "Football Club"? "Female Companion i.e. not Wife"?

Can you email me the "SpeedInfo.zip" file to ceo@r-koh.com pls? In the midst of my trying to crack the MalSinMap...it was gone... the original link for Trajet@MalSinMap no longer works...
FC means my "Financial controller" at home la...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='304831' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:45 AM

AFS is wonderful!
There is no such rule that you must drive an e60 to join the community. Anyone who loves to drive is free to join us. We don't only talk about e60, do we? we also like spas, kois, ice, gpsr what?!

I can't agree with you guys more. What is e60 without Active Steering. In fact this was the single most influential factor that makes me buy this car.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='304838' date='Jun 29 2006, 11:12 AM
FC means my "Financial controller" at home la...
But you are the CEO/Chairman... you call the shots!

I thought I saw you a couple of times... sitting in a SkySuite...on board SQ...wearing their Givenchy Sleeper Suits... with Solitaire PPS tags on your luggages...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans