E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. Just collected my ride from Bronze Carman this evening. Looks real glossy. Will try to find a spot for some photographs tomorrow and post in the evening.

The glaze at PML is not worth trying. Do you know it is actually sub-contracted to Amazing Glaze? I sent my E39 there some years back, got so sick of the swirl marks that I eventually sold it even though the rest of the car did not give me any problems. Swore I would never use their services ever again.

My ride has got options. When I mentioned SGD 317000.00 w/out options, I was trying to give the others an idea of how costly it is to own a 545 here. I understand the Olivin 545 does not have any additional options.

Here is a list of what I have besides the norm.

Colour - Jet Black with Grey Interior
Sports suspension @ SGD 1485.71
Sports steering wheel III @ SGD 374.29
Side airbags for rear passengers @ SGD 1321.90
Emergency Spare wheel c/w tools @ SGD 415.24
Green anti-glare strip windscreen @ SGD 286.67
Car Telephone professional @ SGD 4011.43
Logic 7 @ SGD 3017.14
Exterior lights (wing mirrors) was an option when I ordered, but I got it free with my2005. Swopped my runflats for Michelin 2 on Saturday - the day I collected my ride. Paid a difference of SGD 700.00 which is really not too much considering......

My groomer is:
Bronze Carman Pte Ltd
21 Toh Guan Road East
#01-20 Toh Guan Ctr
Tel - 6316 3166
Ctc - Russel Loh / Joanne Soh

I subscribed to Zymol Destiny Unlimited @ SGD 1410.00
I am not oushing for him, but I really believe in advertising when I come across something good. This guy is much better than the one at Owen Road in the sense that he does not bug you to spend endlessly, plus the fact that he can offer you FREE advise on your ride's problems should you consult him. I used the other guy before and don't have many good memories. All I can remember is them bugging me to buy a new solution or product everytime I sent my ride in. Also, everytime I had some misgiving about the work done, it is always not their fault but the paintwork or weather.

Will start a new thread tomorrow with pictures.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the ACS aerodynamic kit that I installed
Old 11-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Members

That's a long sig! Can't wait for the pics.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Nov 22 2004, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the ACS aerodynamic kit that I installed
[snapback]59345[/snapback]
Woah Ed! That's a fantastic list of options. Can't wait to see the pics!

Congrats! Hope to see your ride at a meetup sometime....

eggz
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Nov 22 2004, 11:57 AM
Hi guys.? Just collected my ride from Bronze Carman this evening.? Looks real glossy.? Will try to find a spot for some photographs tomorrow and post in the evening.

The glaze at PML is not worth trying.? Do you know it is actually sub-contracted to Amazing Glaze?? I sent my E39 there some years back, got so sick of the swirl marks that I eventually sold it even though the rest of the car did not give me any problems.? Swore I would never use their services ever again.

My ride has got options.? When I mentioned SGD? 317000.00 w/out options, I was trying to give the others an idea of how costly it is to own a 545 here.? I understand the Olivin 545 does not have any additional options.

Here is a list of what I have besides the norm.

Colour - Jet Black with Grey Interior
Sports suspension @ SGD? 1485.71
Sports steering wheel III @ SGD? 374.29
Side airbags for rear passengers @ SGD? 1321.90
Emergency Spare wheel c/w tools @ SGD? 415.24
Green anti-glare strip windscreen @ SGD? 286.67
Car Telephone professional @ SGD? 4011.43
Logic 7 @ SGD? 3017.14
Exterior lights (wing mirrors) was an option when I ordered, but I got it free with my2005.? Swopped my runflats for Michelin 2 on Saturday - the day I collected my ride.? Paid a difference of SGD? 700.00 which is really not too much considering......

My groomer is:
Bronze Carman Pte Ltd
21 Toh Guan Road East
#01-20 Toh Guan Ctr
Tel - 6316 3166
Ctc - Russel Loh / Joanne Soh

I subscribed to Zymol Destiny Unlimited @ SGD? 1410.00
I am not oushing for him, but I really believe in advertising when I come across something good.? This guy is much better than the one at Owen Road in the sense that he does not bug you to spend endlessly, plus the fact that he can offer you FREE advise on your ride's problems should you consult him.? I used the other guy before and don't have many good memories.? All I can remember is them bugging me to buy a new solution or product everytime I sent my ride in.? Also, everytime I had some misgiving about the work done, it is always not their fault but the paintwork or weather.

Will start a new thread tomorrow with pictures.
[snapback]59342[/snapback]
Wow.. NICE! Hope i can get to see your car when i'm back to singapore on mid-december. Cheers!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.
Thumbs up

Hi Guys!

Just a few quick questions.
1) Anyone has gotten their E60's fitted with the Handsfree Bluetooth Module yet?
2) How long did the procedure take and what was involved?
3) What types of cradles are available?

I have been reading the other postings and it seems that the cost for installation in the US and UK is a fraction of what we are paying here. Is it possible to get the module & cradle from overseas and then get it fitted here or Malaysia? What's your take on this?

Cheers!!!
(There was a document floating around somewhere in this forum on the installation procedure. Anyone seen it?)
Old 11-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dindae520i' date='Nov 24 2004, 10:45 AM
Hi Guys!

Just a few quick questions.
1) Anyone has gotten their E60's fitted with the Handsfree Bluetooth Module yet?
2) How long did the procedure take and what was involved?
3) What types of cradles are available?

I have been reading the other postings and it seems that the cost for installation in the US and UK is a fraction of what we are paying here. Is it possible to get the module & cradle from overseas and then get it fitted here or Malaysia? What's your take on this?

Cheers!!!
(There was a document floating around somewhere in this forum on the installation procedure. Anyone seen it?)
[snapback]60273[/snapback]

Hi dindae,

I'm probably going for the bluetooth retrofit sometime in the future, I've been told by the guys in the parts dept that it'll cost about $2200 in all. I have a March 04 car, not sure if our cars here are the same as the ones in the US, but from the other posts in the forum, 03/04 cars up to 07/04 only require a some simple re-wiring and a software upgrade to v13.3 to activate the bluetooth. I believe all E60s have the 640(phone prep option).

I did enquire previously about the installation in Malaysia, but it was even more than here.

What we need to find out is a straight answer from PML exactly what is done for this BT activation and then determine if that $2K is worth paying.

eggz
Old 11-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Anyone had driven his/her E60 to Malaysia yet? Safe?
Old 11-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Nov 24 2004, 11:51 PM
[snapback]60511[/snapback]
LOL.. My mom got robbed by some motorbikers when she went there a few years ago. I am not too sure about the safety there now though. Just be careful if you go there especially with branded cars. Good luck !
Old 11-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Nov 25 2004, 12:51 PM
[snapback]60511[/snapback]
I have driven up to KL when the car was 3 weeks old in July. Stayed at the Westin KL. It was very safe there. I was attending a convention for the 3 days. Only time I didn't drive was when I went to the malls. Took a cab then. I totally enjoyed the drive back and forth. A very comfortable drive. The nice thing is that I left with a full tank and only filled up upon my return into Singapore near the 2nd link. Pretty surprised by it's consumption. I was up in Machap last weekend for the day. Well, I did see a number of S'pore registered cars on the highway though.

One of the strong points I went with my decision to get the E60 (had a choice between VW Toureg and Volvo XC90), was that the breakdown service for BMW is upto the border of Thailand. You never know when you need it huh?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans