E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi zag...i was in sepang too...

i got 7500 disc + 1% + another 3% off pre COE price. so 241k+ all in.

tell u guys something...pml has some sales ppl who pool orders from a few clients n put under corp discount (under 1 chaps company). its is downright dirty. i heard of a few sales ppl who got caught n were issued warning letters. end of the day..they just wish to write as many orders as possible. afterall cars r unlimited...the more they sell the more comm they get end of the yr.

this is how they work....each sales person gets a comm of about 1-2k per bmw sold...they hv a wuota each of about 48 cars per yr. if they hit that...they get another cut of the total annual comm. if u know the lobangs u can get the disc....but they may hv since clamped that down....i will admit that i benefitted from one of these pools.

btw, i work in an investment bank too...sales gal told me if i take a loan from her she will throw in goodies like advance driving course, golf bags n v-cool...but i din take up the offer...

last i heard...they r offering the 530i for 254k for walk in....i m sure if u drive a bargain, u may get the car near 251k...the pre launch was 258k - 7500k.

sepang experience was good....i hit 240kmh on the highway...and it was pouring cats n dogs...perfect conditions to test the car on the track....we were tailing ringo cheong....on his 330....u cud really see the lack of body roll on the 530s...as they were all fitted wif dynamic drive.

also, i heard that the first batch of 530i that were delivered had DD fitted by mistake in munich....so the owners actually din hv to pay the near 10k for it....lucky chaps!!
Old 12-21-2003, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 21 2003, 09:32 AM
[quote name='zag' date='Dec 20 2003, 07:32 PM'] [quote name='520i' date='Dec 20 2003, 07:21 PM'] zag...i heard of the steering issue oso. CLicking noise. Not sure if I will get this. How much do you pay for your car? Buy from pml direct?
I got it from PML... $245K.

[/quote]
Hi Zag,

$245K is a pretty good price. So how do you get an additional $6000 discount over the $251 list price?

Do you have Dynamic Drive on your 530i? [/quote]
the discount...u hv to subtract the 20k for coe....the % is off the car ex-coe.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:30 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Dec 21 2003, 09:50 AM
hi zag...i was in sepang too...

i got 7500 disc + 1% + another 3% off pre COE price.? so 241k+ all in.

tell u guys something...pml has some sales ppl who pool orders from a few clients n put under corp discount (under 1 chaps company).? its is downright dirty.? i heard of a few sales ppl who got caught n were issued warning letters.? end of the day..they just wish to write as many orders as possible.? afterall cars r unlimited...the more they sell the more comm they get end of the yr.

............!
hi 530, great! I am not sure if we met during the sepang excursion. Kept me thinking about the DD option for additional $9K. Finally decided not to as I have to wait for Feb/Mar '04 delivery then. When I got the car the cornering road holding wasn't that bad as I was worried being let down after experiencing the superb DD in sepang. Yeah I did 220kph on NS!
You got further $4K off hah! My sales rep is pretty new so probably not part of the league of dirty tricks. Also wondering about yr comment on sales gal loan perks offer. I thot the in house tie up is so rigid one can't even get their own finance co preference.

By the way, when you said DD on first batch were you referring to PML first batch or Asian market first batch.. dun think I was the lucky one!

I have not really pushed the car yet... got 1900 km on the clock today after 2000km break in threshold, will see how it holds up.

saw first 525i today with SFE plate! Color Black/Beige!
Old 12-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Senior Members

hi zag...to clarify...i hv no need for a loan, but i was just pointing out to u the additional perks u cud hv wrung out from ur sales shud u take a loan from them.

i m not sure if the DD was only pertinent to pml's 1st batch...but i had a mate who bought the 530i n got delivered in nov....DD came for free as pml refused to pay munich for the mistake.

funny i hv yet to c a black car on the road....been confronted wif lots of silver greys....
Old 12-21-2003, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Dec 21 2003, 06:23 PM
hi zag...to clarify...i hv no need for a loan, but i was just pointing out to u the additional perks u cud hv wrung out from ur sales shud u take a loan from them.

i m not sure if the DD was only pertinent to pml's 1st batch...but i had a mate who bought the 530i n got delivered in nov....DD came for free as pml refused to pay munich for the mistake.

funny i hv yet to c a black car on the road....been confronted wif lots of silver greys....
Hi Zag, about the discount for getting loan, the finance companies which tie up with PML offer the company block discounts/commision for referring customers to them. The sale girl can pass some of the discount on to customers. That's howit works.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Dec 21 2003, 06:23 PM

Hi 530i, mine is a black E60. I have seen 2 other black E60 on singapore road so far. Also saw an olive green, a silver grey and an orient blue. Cheers!
Old 12-21-2003, 04:18 PM
520i

If you go to Turf city, you will see two. One 525 belongs to Carman, the other 520 belongs to Teo Tian Seng.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 520i' date='Dec 21 2003, 07:18 PM
If you go to Turf city, you will see two. One 525 belongs to Carman, the other 520 belongs to Teo Tian Seng.
Hi 520i, I no need to go Turf City to see black E60 lah. I just go to my car!
Old 12-21-2003, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 21 2003, 07:06 PM
[quote name='530i' date='Dec 21 2003, 06:23 PM']

[/quote]

How did your mate find out about his car having DD? not sure if one can tell probably the instr cluster does show the icon if it is equipped with it during initialisation.
contrary to u I have seen lots of blacks... at least 5 occasions.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

he was told that his car had DD when he collected it. actually u brot up a good point...how do u tell if ur car has DD??

i guess u hv to jack up the car...crawl below n look out for the hydraulic actuators...i hv actually seen a cut away design of it at the sepang testing...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans