E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 06:18 AM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

I hit 1999 km tonite! started to push the car a little bit. For what it is worth, the e60 didn't do much roll at high speed cornering.. is this what you guys experiencing?

the smoothie i-6 acceleration is addictive... the car in front seems to get closer faster than what i was used to... so always jam brakes...
ok ok .... I a bit 'swa koo' never drive fast cars other than the 2.2l e46..hehehe!

hi kiasu king,
the static on the radio reception is it got to do with head unit? shoot my previous e46 stock head unit is better then... i think i have the premium sound, logic 7 is factory fitted option so not post production upgradeable!?
I will be making complain on radio recep problem. almost every stations is buzzing with statics at the background. Wondering what PML can do!
Old 12-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Members

Hi 520i, talking about scratches, mine already kena one on the side skirting. Very the "kek sim"! A motor cyclist squeezed in between my car and another on the road and scratched the skirting.

Hi Zag, my radio static not too bad. I think the shark fin antenna not suited for radio reception. Maybe need to install the normal Japanese car type that extends from the back of the car.

So far, my car got no problem. But yesterday, the warning light for active steering came one but it went off after I "rebooted" the car by restarting it.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Members

Zag/520i, do you know how much it cost to change the side skirting on one side? Kiasu king very kisau - cannot take it that there is a scratch on the skirting!
Old 12-26-2003, 02:46 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Dec 26 2003, 05:04 PM
Zag/520i, do you know how much it cost to change the side skirting on one side? Kiasu king very kisau - cannot take it that there is a scratch on the skirting!
sorry no idea ler... probably about $1K (replace part and paint). Why don't you just patch and re-paint? Is it the scratch very deep or is it a depression?
I suggest you keep it for now and live with it... go for ACS body kits later on!

Yeah! talk about scratch ... got mine also by a err... peacock! Darn.. I was at Shang hotel in sentosa. Guess the peacock liked my car so much it flew or jumped on the boot and since the wax is still fresh so bery slippery at the slope near the headlite. you can imagine what the feather friend did to keep balance paddle feet to charge forward without moving much so the results arghhhhhh!
I polished it off when I got back yesterday... the scratches hurt the clear coat only so not so visible. but heart still pain.
moral of story .... watch out for the wild birds should you venture into sentosa! if you stay in hotel bring along car cover too!
Old 12-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Members

Hi Zag, thanks for your reply. Looks like the peacock likes your E60 very much and wanted to nest on it! You have my sympathy. The scratch on the skirting not too deep and I have used the touch up paint to paint over it but the surface not even after painting on my own. Actually it is not quite visible after the touch up but I do not feel shiok already since car is less than 2 weeks old. I guess will have to bear with it and leave it alone. Cheers!
Old 12-27-2003, 12:54 AM
520i

Congratulations!!! welcome to the real world. Scratches bound to have HAHAHAHAHHA

Kiasu...go to painter to touch up...sure u like it. Want me to recommend? CHeap and good. I always go there (this means my car usually has many scratches...)
Old 12-27-2003, 03:12 AM
Members

Hi 520i, which painter shop you go to? Cheers!
Old 12-27-2003, 03:49 AM
520i

Look for kiat seng at Yishun Industrial Park. The boss name is ah seng. Honest person. Cheap rate. Can try and you will believe. Cheers.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:16 AM
Members

Hi 520i, thanks for the information. I took a photo of my car from the front view. Do you know how I can post it here?
Old 12-27-2003, 12:13 PM
520i

Hi Kiasu,

I think you must be a registered member before you can post a pic. Send to me at jamestw2003@yahoo.com.sg. I want to see how pretty is your car. Also the scratch

The phone no. for kiat seng is 67588367. Mercedes usually go there. All C&C cars will be directed to them. The boss is very experience. His skill is good. Most important the price is reasonable(quite cheap thou). My merc and beemer usually go there and happy after the paint job.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans