E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Dude

Hey Zag, I have experienced the engine jerk a few times. You are right, it happens only at slow speeds. Once it happened when I was pulling out of a parallel parked lot. The engine surge happened as I was inching out. This caused the car to lunge forward almost hitting the car in front of me. I took it to PML last week and left the car with them for three days. They were unable to identify the problem after some engine diagnostics. They are, nonetheless, aware of this problem and are awaiting for a software solution from Germany. They will call when they receive the software patch. Pretty annoying.

Kiasu, thanks for the info on the boot mat...I will definitely get one soon.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine jerk also happened to my car. I hope there will not be a car recall.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Guest_eggz

Originally Posted by zag' date='May 3 2004, 04:56 AM
eggz, got your ride yet?
toto... any new kill story to share? smoked a loud alfa75 who tried to sprint with me the other day.
Hi Zag,

Nope haven't got me ride yet. The wait is killing me man! Hopefully it'll be here end of the month

The jerking forward sounds like a software issue. Since BMWs have electronic throttles, it can happend. Sounds scary though. Imagine if its not just a jerk but a stuck throttle, that would be a nightmare! Looks like Munich didn't spend enough bug testing their software. A pity really as the E60 is close to perfect executive saloon, to think BMW actually improved on the E39, if only they can sort out all the bugs.

eggz
Old 05-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Members

Stupid wiper damned noisy
Old 05-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

[SIZE=1][FONT=Impact]
Got my 530i in Olivin Green in late April 2004 and am very perturbed with quite a few problems. I thought I shall highlight to the dealer when I next visit for a service:-
1. Part of the plastic moulding on the steering is not symmetrical - slightly warpped!
2. I have a static problem with the radio - more so on a particular bandwidth.
3. Wipers seemed to be rather "tight" and makes a "rough" sweep even when there is quite a heavy rain.
4. ALL 4 doors are so squeaky and it is very annoying,
5. When at a complete halt on a slope (30 degree gradient, maybe) the car slides down a little even if the gear is in drive!
6. Rough gear change is felt when the car is make to almost stop (say to slow down for a hump) and press to go on the accelerator.
7. The Run Flat Tires supplied (Dunlop) is rather noisy.
8. Engine vibration is felt on the steering (active) at standstill.
9. Bootlid cannot be opened from the cabin - have got to physically disembark if bootlid not locked - got to switch off engine and use the remote key to open the boot if bootlid is locked!
10. Turn indicator programmed to only flash 3 times - rather insufficient for a short flash - if only can program to 5 or 6 times may serve a better purpose.

[COLOR=red]Current - E60 530i Olivin Green/Black Dakota-Auto-Active Steering-Xenon-CruiseControl-18 in Run Flat Tires
Previous - E39 525i (retired)
Old 05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

the probs u mentioned are quite common with the new 5. i had the squeaky doors but had it fixed by PML.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

[COLOR=green]
Tell me Ed520, how dis PML solve your problem? I talked to a CSA and he told me that they will apply an "anti-static" tape around the door sill. Did they do that on your car. I think it is going to look ugly.

Any idea what's your consumption like?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ed520' date='May 3 2004, 04:02 AM
any news abt the PDC retrofit? also thinking of doing a Bi-Xenon retrofit? any idea abt prices? kiasu............r these items listed in the accessories brochure?
Ed520, bi-xenon retrofit is about S$6,000 plus. Both bi-xenon and PDC retrofit not available at PML yet.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='May 5 2004, 09:00 PM
[COLOR=green]
Tell me Ed520, how dis PML solve your problem? I talked to a CSA and he told me that they will apply an "anti-static" tape around the door sill. Did they do that on your car. I think it is going to look ugly.

Olivin530, most of the problems you mentioned I have experienced it before. I consider them irritations and not that big a problem.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:55 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='May 5 2004, 09:00 PM
[COLOR=green]

Olivin530i,
the doors creaking is common problem across e39 and now e60. PML has fixed the problem for me after the second visit. You can't really tell coz the anti friction tape is invisible from outside so dun worry about that.

other than these minor problems.. the e60 is a great car!

i have clocked 11000 km so far, two problems still linger on my ride and they are irritation rather...
1. occasional jerky gear shift at low speed - new software probably
2. undercarriage knocking nosie on steering wheel locking - need to retighten the from bumper frame attachment.

i am sending in the car to PML over the weekend as i will be outstation.

consumption for my ride is very bad 6km per liter. Welll i am heavy footed and rev hard everytime.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans