E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' post='211152' date='Dec 15 2005, 01:35 AM
Tate, GTG with HKG e60 folks lar!
any luck on 8-days?
Just saw this new 8 Days with GMT on the cover of Taiwanese International Wrist Watch magazine, its a big WOW!!! The 8 days power reserve is a horizontal bar above 6, with date display at 3; and an am/pm indicater and second hand at 9. This is the first in-house movement by Panerai. Unfortunately, it costs 3 times more than the normal 8 Days. The PAM 00200 only limited to 200 pieces worldwide. I am going to the boutique tomorrow, call me if you want me to grab one for you.

Will also check out the hifi scene this weekend
Old 12-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Got the software updated to l-05-09-510-050509 or 050905 something like. What CIP is this? They turned off my mirror folding with lock option.

The car seems to be a bit more perky. Haven't experienced any pulling back effort instead of surging forward when one steps on the gas, but then again I have not driven far.

The other thing is I notice the idrive and entertainment system shuts down about 1 second after ignition off. Used to shut together with the engine. Maybe that will help my CD/Changer randomly changing track behaviour.

BTW, when I was there this morning, I saw on the CSA's computer screen my car had a tick against the recall column. Asked that fellow but he did not answer my question.

Also got the aux in installed. Now will start venturing. I was told I got the last piece in stock (and they did not reserve it for me and did not jot that down in my work order) and 5 minutes after I left another guy went in for the aux in installation also; any of you?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='211979' date='Dec 16 2005, 04:38 PM
Also got the aux in installed.
Stranger, can you pls try using an I-pod or MP3 player with the Aux In and let us know if you experience any difference in volume (lower volume)
Old 12-16-2005, 02:19 AM
Members

lmk,

i got my mac mini and need some guidance from you ie who is your installer what special cable if any to buy to connect mac ie power cable ie cig output is 12v can power up mac? need to cut cables

i want to install gps too any web site to recommend for downloads.

any idea how much mobycar will charge for install.

thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='211990
Also got the aux in installed.
Stranger, can you pls try using an I-pod or MP3 player with the Aux In and let us know if you experience any difference in volume (lower volume)
[/quote]

ED, the difference is day and night! I took an iPod with me to pick up the car. I nearly went deaf when I switched to the radio (because I did not turn the vol. on iPod player to max but some 3/4 only; just my habit).

I also found that if I lock the car with any door except the driver's, the indicator will not blink anymore until I close the last door open. It used to blink the second I pressed the lock button even though other doors were still open. I like this new way, just like my previous car.

Also, the RDS now on the screen no longer show the station name; only the freq. But the indicator at the bottom left will show the station name. If I remember correctly, it used to show the station names on both.

The transmisiion is definitely more responsive. Hope it stays that way. I heard some 520 owner had the dreaded lag come back after a while.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

One more thing, there is now a setting for DRL. Why do we need this here? Actually I also don't know how it functions.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

UPDATE ON INTERFACE

The guys did a clean-up job on my system this evening. Apparently, running the Audio via the interface is causing all the humming and distortion noises. They bypassed the interface (connected direct from the TV module to the aux) and everything was okay.

I was also shown the TV reception on another car (Japanese) using the same TV module as ours. It was clear. I checked the signal strangth and the other car's was hovering around 50% whilst mine was a measely 10%. This difference is due to a SGD 300.00 TV antannae. Since I've already spent so much, I've instructed Ah Pow to go ahead and order one for me. Looks like it'll be Monday or Tuesday before we know the results. I'll keep you guys posted.

These two Malaysian boys (installers) are reliable. They are out to make a few honest dollars in the evening, so guys, try them.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='212039' date='Dec 16 2005, 10:51 PM
UPDATE ON INTERFACE

The guys did a clean-up job on my system this evening. Apparently, running the Audio via the interface is causing all the humming and distortion noises. They bypassed the interface (connected direct from the TV module to the aux) and everything was okay.

I was also shown the TV reception on another car (Japanese) using the same TV module as ours. It was clear. I checked the signal strangth and the other car's was hovering around 50% whilst mine was a measely 10%. This difference is due to a SGD 300.00 TV antannae. Since I've already spent so much, I've instructed Ah Pow to go ahead and order one for me. Looks like it'll be Monday or Tuesday before we know the results. I'll keep you guys posted.

These two Malaysian boys (installers) are reliable. They are out to make a few honest dollars in the evening, so guys, try them.
Ed Lee: clear for ch5 - ch8 and CNA?
needs a $300 antenna? how does the antenna look like?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Yes; clear for all when stationary. Did not witness whilst on the move. Its hidden behind the bumper. Don't know what it looks like. I was thinking that I've already spent so much for a TV module, etc, so whats another 300 to make it work well.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='211409' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:12 PM
.... iPod Video with Universal Dock....
are you charging the ipod video while it is in the dock? meaning you had split the 12V from the lighter?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans