E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 15 2005, 12:22 AM
So I strolled back into the showroom and sat down. Saw my sales rep and she came over and we chatted about what happen to recent sales world!

[snapback]159377[/snapback]
BTW, Zag what's the latest on the PML sales world?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 15 2005, 02:22 PM
Just to update on the engine overheat message i got..
drove to PML early today but my regular CSA was out so I went for the third available one.
Here is some anecdote to share.....
CSA: Morning sir, what can i do for u?
Me: Engine overheat message on i-drive, need to see what's wrong?
CSA (keying into PC and look at info): Err.. yr car is taken care regularly of by Mr X.
Me: Yeap, but he is out today.
CSA: OK. let's see
Walking to car bay. CSA pop up the boot.
CSA: Any water leakage sign?
He raised the car up to look underneath for sign of water leakage.
Engine is hot so can't check coolant level to be accurate.
Me: Yeah.. I forgot to check this morning before driving off.
CSA: Perhaps should wait about half an hour then we assess again.
Me: But let's not assume is the coolant level. I don't really believe is the coolant level. How about the temp sensor?
The white bars are at 0 level vs. what i know from othe 530is owner who has 3 on display after running the car?
CSA: Let's see. Let me book you slot tomorrow to come in for a check. In the mean time you drive nornally and see if it happen again? Beside we need to cool down the engine to check accurately the coolant level.
Me (already started to loose my patience): You want me to drive the car with potential a fault in the cooling system. If the engine blow up, you let me have a new car and i will be OK!
No. I want this fix now and today. Let's get Mr T here and see what he has got to say.
CSA: Ok ... give me a few minute and let me run a diagnostic.
Me: OK! I will wait but i'm in a hurry for 9:30am meeting.

So I strolled back into the showroom and sat down. Saw my sales rep and she came over and we chatted about what happen to recent sales world!

15 minutes later... went to see the CSA.
CSA: Ran the diagnostics, there is error message called out for faulty thermostat.
I went like: " Duh!"

What is the moral of the story?
[snapback]159377[/snapback]
Aiyoh!
who is the CSR?
which service centre is that?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

INTENSIVE DRIVER TRAINING

Sorry to have to use up space here for the above subject, but can the following please submit your applications thru the following link urgently:

http://www.pml.com.sg/bmw/DT/index.html

Tategoi
Eggz
Totoseow
Zag

I have sent out PMs to you guys. Please do so immediately if possible to avoid disappointment. Kindly PM me once you have done so.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

Guys, anybody keen on a meet-up maybe towards the end of Aug? Again, its been quite a while and pals like Tategoi and Totoseow who missed the last one at PML might like to turn up.

I'm really sorry I missed the "doughnut" performance put up by Totoseow; maybe he can show it again?

First, we need a date and then a location. Is 27 or 28 Aug fine with you guys? Show of hands please.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:23 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 18 2005, 11:01 PM
Guys, anybody keen on a meet-up maybe towards the end of Aug?? Again, its been quite a while and pals like Tategoi and Totoseow who missed the last one at PML might like to turn up.

I'm really sorry I missed the "doughnut" performance put up by Totoseow; maybe he can show it again?

First, we need a date and then a location.? Is 27 or 28 Aug fine with you guys?? Show of hands please.
[snapback]160643[/snapback]
looks like finally i can meet ou guys, i am in town these 2 days.
depending on the timing, i should be able to make it.

1)laimk (depending on timing)
Old 08-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Members

Hi all, just registered in this forum after finding out that there is such a forum for E60 owners in Singapore. Got my E60 520iA since April and is now considering installing the GPS system from PML. Was quoted around S$9000. Not sure if it's worthwhile. I was advised by other friends to buy a PDA with GPS receiver as it's more cost effective. However, I don't think that it's a neat solution and I would like to utilize the stock i-drive screen. Now it's a white elephant as I only use it for PDC. Seems silly to have the screen for this purpose only. Sometimes, I'm dumbfounded when passengers ask me what is the screen for. Most would expect to view TVs or VCDs etc. Hence, I rather go for the built in kind that PML is offering. Is there any other built in solution offered in S'pore besides PML? Hope that you guys can advise me. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:42 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by yslim26' date='Aug 19 2005, 10:00 AM
Hi all, just registered in this forum after finding out that there is such a forum for E60 owners in Singapore. Got my E60 520iA since April and is now considering installing the GPS system from PML. Was quoted around S$9000. Not sure if it's worthwhile. I was advised by other friends to buy a PDA with GPS receiver as it's more cost effective. However, I don't think that it's a neat solution and I would like to utilize the stock i-drive screen. Now it's a white elephant as I only use it for PDC. Seems silly to have the screen for this purpose only. Sometimes, I'm dumbfounded when passengers ask me what is the screen for. Most would expect to view TVs or VCDs etc. Hence, I rather go for the built in kind that PML is offering. Is there any other built in solution offered in S'pore besides PML? Hope that you guys can advise me. Thanks.
[snapback]160913[/snapback]

i know how you feel, i had that feeling before....

my personal experience:

own a E60 520i for almost 2 years, and the new 730iL with GPS.
before the 730, i thought with a GPS on board will be nice on my 520i.
not true after driving my 730iL for a month now. i used it not even once to locate an address! because it does not include a HDB block or address.
i have GPS on my P910i Sony Ericsson mobile phone, i have GPS on pocket pc. those are more useful overseas as i carry them when i am travelling.
on my Pocket pc, it can even guide me turn by turn...
Imagine driving in Europe and USa from city to city without a GPS.

install only when you need it, but do not expect to locate a house unit or block with it.

now that my 520i is 2 year old, having upgraded my ICE with amps and speakers, love the sound, but just feel like doing something more to it.....

i had been playing with an apple powerbook for alomost a year, the urge of putting a computer into my car grew.....
i can play all my 10,000 MP3 with songs title on my idrive screen, play DVD, TV...surf the web....emails when park near macdonald or thru my 3G phone.....and GPS!

1. first, i have ordered a video convertor to plug into my car. ( meng, the guy gave me a newer model, it has 4 video input, i will show you if we meet)
2. i hv ordered a special power supply for the Macmini
3. a GPS software to run in it.

now to wait for the installation when i am free.....
Old 08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

Any update on CIP 18.x? Olivin, did you get the update when you sent in your ride to PML? Will BFD be enabled now?

I'm thinking of sending in for CIP 18.x update to get back the eyebrows and hopfully BFD....

I'm ok for the meetup on either day....
Old 08-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 18 2005, 11:01 PM
Guys, anybody keen on a meet-up maybe towards the end of Aug?? Again, its been quite a while and pals like Tategoi and Totoseow who missed the last one at PML might like to turn up.

First, we need a date and then a location.? Is 27 or 28 Aug fine with you guys?? Show of hands please.
[snapback]160643[/snapback]
Either day I am fine.

LMK, why don't you select the time that you can make it, rather than we chose a time that you can't.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by yslim26' date='Aug 19 2005, 10:00 AM
[snapback]160913[/snapback]
I have a Garmin hand-held GPS, I can show you when we meet.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans